20171117_215002 (resized).jpg
small_world_sign1-goldhaber (resized).jpg
060A00FE-8CAE-4008-8C82-B3548D82385C (resized).jpeg
GOTG 3 (resized).jpg
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
0ADD069A-C47A-481F-B506-93A3C885CCFF (resized).jpeg
EDA6663F-930A-4A54-82D7-3B49883EE4B2 (resized).jpeg
B40A3AE8-2522-4B3D-89E8-1CB815D110CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Neal_W.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 6 years ago

Sounds exactly like the Game of Thrones reveal in the fall of 2015.

First shown at IAAPA and then Friday afternoon when that ended they moved the Pro and Premium to the Free Play Florida pinball show. Plan to be playing them on Friday at FPF!

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Does anyone know if Stern is bringing Guardians over to Free Play Florida after IAAPA this week.

Yup, Curly has confirmed it will be there!

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Title has JJP Pirates in it....was that there?? Lol

I am told that GOTG and JJP Pirates will both be moved from IAAPA to FPF on Friday evening, so that infers it's there.

#355 6 years ago

Enjoyed playing GOTG at FPF, but if you already have a Metallica, steer clear. Interesting that the premium model did not make it over. I assume it broke down. Reminds me of when GB premium was missing from the show floor for a day at SFGE at its introduction.

JPOTC was set loud on Saturday, but fine on Friday. Tons of callouts by Gibbs that helped sell the theme. The spinning wheel in the center is fun and does not cause drains since the rings are moving in opposite directions, it makes the ball zig-zag and continue in the same direction. The one SDTM I had was headed that way before it rolled over the spinning map. The ball went down the right inlanes frequently and I got in the groove of hitting it up the left ramp which feeds the left flipper and combo up the right ramp to the mini PF, rinse, repeat. The ramp shots were pretty wide. The screen in the apron was nice, but barely had time to look at it, since the game played fast with the steep ramps.

Also - Jpotc was set up in a sort of demo mode from IAAPA for non pinheads. You could not select a character, as soon as you touched a flipper, the ball auto launched with the character shown.

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Neal W... WTF?
None of this was true.

I said the premium was absent from FPF. = fact

I said that 'I assumed that was because it broke', and the next post stated that was not the case. = I made a guess and the next poster corrected me.

Was there something else I got wrong?

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

GOTG played perfectly as did POTC, MMR and AFMR!

Don't forget TNA. I had no idea it was at FPF until I saw photos of it Saturday night in the TNA thread after the show. When I found it in the back corner on Sunday, the guy I was playing with said the exact same thing. Found it Sunday, because of the Pinside thread. Was it there the whole time??

I guess that it points out that with the volume turned down, I looks like such an 80s pin that it might get passed by. (can't believe I walked past it several times with the color change inserts and GI!!)

Played several 4 player games with a group and had fun chatting with others who were excited to play it as well. With 4 players battling for the lead, those dedicated digital displays are awesome. The outlanes were brutal when the ball was out of control, and I found the upper flipper very hard to master, or even nudge the ball over to. The game has a lot of 'one more play' appeal.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I guess the accusation of GOTG Premium was broken bothered me.

Understood. I didn't notice POTC down or turned off while I was present, aside from the problem with it detecting ball drains, which was annoying. Seemed like the flipper auto launch was just a setting that was turned on. Sounds like jjp will get some good info on weak points.

GOTG having a similar layout to the #7 rated pin is not a bad thing, but I feel home collectors do have to consider what pins compliment each other and which are too similar to put side by side. Don't get me wrong, GOTG pro was fun and challenging to play, and seems like the best Stern yet with their new TV screen display. I'm looking forward to trying it with callouts added.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Come on man...That's not even remotely believable.

My FT has a flipper auto launch on/off setting. No idea if jjp has something like that for novice players.

You can call BS, but others in line made the EXACT same comment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Neal_W.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iaapa-2017-guardians-of-the-galaxy?tu=Neal_W and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.