20171117_215002 (resized).jpg
small_world_sign1-goldhaber (resized).jpg
060A00FE-8CAE-4008-8C82-B3548D82385C (resized).jpeg
GOTG 3 (resized).jpg
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
0ADD069A-C47A-481F-B506-93A3C885CCFF (resized).jpeg
EDA6663F-930A-4A54-82D7-3B49883EE4B2 (resized).jpeg
B40A3AE8-2522-4B3D-89E8-1CB815D110CC (resized).jpeg
There are 406 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Are there any playfields that never had a single dimple on it from any manufacturer?

Yes - you should see a Faces game from Segasa

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Are there any playfields that never had a single dimple on it from any manufacturer?

The main playfield on Elektra.

rd

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The main playfield on Elektra.
rd

I want a Elektra sooo bad

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Yes - you should see a Faces game from Segasa

I have. I have played the game twice at Pinburgh unfortunately.

#355 6 years ago

Enjoyed playing GOTG at FPF, but if you already have a Metallica, steer clear. Interesting that the premium model did not make it over. I assume it broke down. Reminds me of when GB premium was missing from the show floor for a day at SFGE at its introduction.

JPOTC was set loud on Saturday, but fine on Friday. Tons of callouts by Gibbs that helped sell the theme. The spinning wheel in the center is fun and does not cause drains since the rings are moving in opposite directions, it makes the ball zig-zag and continue in the same direction. The one SDTM I had was headed that way before it rolled over the spinning map. The ball went down the right inlanes frequently and I got in the groove of hitting it up the left ramp which feeds the left flipper and combo up the right ramp to the mini PF, rinse, repeat. The ramp shots were pretty wide. The screen in the apron was nice, but barely had time to look at it, since the game played fast with the steep ramps.

Also - Jpotc was set up in a sort of demo mode from IAAPA for non pinheads. You could not select a character, as soon as you touched a flipper, the ball auto launched with the character shown.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I assume it broke down.

Incorrect.

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Jpotc was set up in a sort of demo mode from IAAPA for non pinheads. You could not select a character, as soon as you touched a flipper, the ball auto launched with the character shown.

Probably set that way to test errors in the code. Perfect way to get people to play all characters for QA feedback.

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Filming without a press pass is technically not allowed at IAAPA unless you're under special circumstances (guest of a exhibitor or the show). It just happens that it's not always strictly enforced. There have been a few videos of GOTG, but not a flood of them.

I was walking about filming everything. Yes the rules say don't video, but can't see how they can stop it, everyone was videoing and taking pictures!

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I was walking about filming everything. Yes the rules say don't video, but can't see how they can stop it, everyone was videoing and taking pictures!

i need more videos with more music and callouts noticeable!

#360 6 years ago

Neal W... WTF?
None of this was true. I do not want to talk bad about a particular game but I can tell you there were no problems with GOTG.

JJP was having problems not a big deal because they are far away from going into production.

Need to be honest and unbiased in your opinions.

#361 6 years ago

here is my video from IAAPA of POTC

#362 6 years ago

GOTG played perfectly as did POTC, MMR and AFMR!

#363 6 years ago

To all the people complaining Pirates was too loud maybe you don't realize that there is an external volume control rocker switch you can control to your liking on the front of the cabinet on the left side of the coin door.
This option starting with Dialed In .

IMG_4422 (resized).PNGIMG_4422 (resized).PNG

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

To all the people complaining Pirates was too loud maybe you don't realize that there is an external volume control rocker switch you can control to your liking on the front of the cabinet on the left side of the coin door.
This option starting with Dialed In .

I thought that was for the headphones?

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I thought that was for the headphones?

It operates both headphone and overrides main operating external volume as well.

My wife loves that option on the Dialed In Game. It's the first thing she noticed right away. We are the polar opposite as far as volume is concerned

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Yeah yeah it's beautiful. Are there call outs or is this another bulls*** batman where you have to wait a year for more than 5 call outs. Software is too early??? Pros are already starting go out into the general public. I'm getting one Monday.

Why'd you buy it if launch games with proto code is something you're aware of and bothered by? Pros aren't limited. You could have waited.

#367 6 years ago

Thanks for video guys, and please continue to provide feedback after playing the new titles this weekend!

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why'd you buy it if launch games with proto code is something you're aware of and bothered by? Pros aren't limited. You could have waited.

Patience isn’t a Pinside virtue..

rd

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Patience isn’t a Pinside virtue..
rd

Patience is the only way to "new pinball"....although in my case that's led to ZERO new pinball...which has made me much happier lol.

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Neal W... WTF?
None of this was true.

I said the premium was absent from FPF. = fact

I said that 'I assumed that was because it broke', and the next post stated that was not the case. = I made a guess and the next poster corrected me.

Was there something else I got wrong?

#371 6 years ago

Nothing wrong with speculating as long as not presented as a fact. Alternative speculation is that they sent it back home to be used for the deadflip stream.

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Enjoyed playing GOTG at FPF, but if you already have a Metallica, steer clear. Interesting that the premium model did not make it over. I assume it broke down. Reminds me of when GB premium was missing from the show floor for a day at SFGE at its introduction.
JPOTC was set loud on Saturday, but fine on Friday. Tons of callouts by Gibbs that helped sell the theme. The spinning wheel in the center is fun and does not cause drains since the rings are moving in opposite directions, it makes the ball zig-zag and continue in the same direction. The one SDTM I had was headed that way before it rolled over the spinning map. The ball went down the right inlanes frequently and I got in the groove of hitting it up the left ramp which feeds the left flipper and combo up the right ramp to the mini PF, rinse, repeat. The ramp shots were pretty wide. The screen in the apron was nice, but barely had time to look at it, since the game played fast with the steep ramps.
Also - Jpotc was set up in a sort of demo mode from IAAPA for non pinheads. You could not select a character, as soon as you touched a flipper, the ball auto launched with the character shown.

Yes wrong on assuming Premium GOTG was broken. Then made the comment if you have Metallica don't buy GOTG. ALL OF THAT IS WRONG.

Then you were praising JJPOTC for the rest of the post. JJPOTC had tons of problems. Cosmetically and Mechanicaly. I like JJP I'm in for alot of the LE's and the collectors but they had a ok Tuesday and then went way down hill from there. Today at Free play the game had to be fixed 5 times alone before they turned it off for good.

GOTG is light on code but other then that it is ready to ship. Customers will start getting there games next week. Your post was not a good depiction of the performance from both games. Seemed very one sided. Again I love JJP products and I'm sure the game will be kicking ass when it is time to ship. Great concept awesome innovation and beautiful cabinet. I'm not getting cold feet on my purchases. But we need to speak the truth to all others who were not there. Perhaps you had a different experience then alot of others did. I was not there when you were playing so not saying you are a liar. I guess the accusation of GOTG Premium was broken bothered me.

#373 6 years ago

JJPPOTC worked fine Tuesday and Wednesday, you could pick characters, all mechs worked, no auto launch....
On Thursday it started auto launch, missing balls, switches not working and some mechs not working.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

GOTG played perfectly as did POTC, MMR and AFMR!

Don't forget TNA. I had no idea it was at FPF until I saw photos of it Saturday night in the TNA thread after the show. When I found it in the back corner on Sunday, the guy I was playing with said the exact same thing. Found it Sunday, because of the Pinside thread. Was it there the whole time??

I guess that it points out that with the volume turned down, I looks like such an 80s pin that it might get passed by. (can't believe I walked past it several times with the color change inserts and GI!!)

Played several 4 player games with a group and had fun chatting with others who were excited to play it as well. With 4 players battling for the lead, those dedicated digital displays are awesome. The outlanes were brutal when the ball was out of control, and I found the upper flipper very hard to master, or even nudge the ball over to. The game has a lot of 'one more play' appeal.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I guess the accusation of GOTG Premium was broken bothered me.

Understood. I didn't notice POTC down or turned off while I was present, aside from the problem with it detecting ball drains, which was annoying. Seemed like the flipper auto launch was just a setting that was turned on. Sounds like jjp will get some good info on weak points.

GOTG having a similar layout to the #7 rated pin is not a bad thing, but I feel home collectors do have to consider what pins compliment each other and which are too similar to put side by side. Don't get me wrong, GOTG pro was fun and challenging to play, and seems like the best Stern yet with their new TV screen display. I'm looking forward to trying it with callouts added.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Understood. Seemed like the flipper auto launch was just a setting that was turned on. Sounds like jjp will get some good info on weak points.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?

BS ALERT!!!!!

Come on man...That's not even remotely believable.

#377 6 years ago

I played both of these pins when I was at IAAPA. Didn't really care for either of them, but I am not really into either theme.

Theme makes or breaks it for me, but JJP Pirates was pretty decent(wouldn't buy one, but would play it if I had the chance).

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?
BS ALERT!!!!!

Let’s be nice to each other now

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let’s be nice to each other now

You only say that on Sunday Nights........

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

My FT has a flipper auto launch on/off setting. No idea if jjp has something like that for novice players.

You can call BS, but others in line made the EXACT same comment.

#381 6 years ago

You are right. Who cares. Glad you could play the games. I'm sure everything will work by the time it is ready for delivery.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

No idea if jjp has something like that

In System Settings, ability to set Auto Launch time, and ability to turn off.

LTG : )

#383 6 years ago

Flipper launch is not a new thing in pinball. Many games have that feature, including Sterns, JJPs, and B/Ws. I'm baffled that someone with as much pinball exposure as ASOA would be so confused by that option. Also, there's a basic misunderstanding about the history of prototype vs. production machines with that guy. I guess if you shout loud enough people might think you know what you're talking about though, right? A distributor really should know better.

Anyway...

Did IAAPA or Free Play Florida release awards yet? Any awards raked in by Guardians, TNA, or Pirates?

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Flipper launch is not a new thing in pinball. Many games have that feature, including Sterns, JJPs, and B/Ws. I'm baffled that someone with as much pinball exposure as ASOA would be so confused by that option. Also, there's a basic misunderstanding about the history of prototype vs. production machines with that guy. I guess if you shout loud enough people might think you know what you're talking about though, right? A distributor really should know better.
Anyway...
Did IAAPA or Free Play Florida release awards yet? Any awards raked in by Guardians, TNA, or Pirates?

Tried to be nice but I'm not going to sit back and not defend myself.
JJPOTC was not good at all Game was going haywire all the time not registering any shots getting stuck everywhere. Game had to be shut down for good because techs did not want to keep trying to fix it. It was deemed not fixable. It is still in a engineers state should not even had been on the floor due to this many problems. I know what auto plunge is. But it would auto plunge continusily until you turned off the game. What feature is that? Haywire mode? come on guys the game had tons of problems even in test the whole row of switches would show active for no reason. Balls got stuck everywhere. Optodes and switches not working. I was there so were many others we did not want to say this on Pinside but come on man. Defend them is fine I like JJP products but discredit me and my company. I will not sit back and do nothing. I was trying not to bash. But here you go the truth about JJPOTC @ IAAPA and FPF. Get your facts straight.

Played fine Tuesday at IAAPA
Wednesday intermittent problems
Thursday lots of problems
Friday lots of problems
Saturday Lots of problems
Sunday lots of problems and the game was turned off for good as of 3:30pm

ALL FACTS!!!!!!!

What else would you want pictures, videos, testimonials? I have them all. Listen it is what it is the game went to the shows and did not perform. I appreciate JJP sending us a work in progress title so we can see the game in real time. I'm sure all will be fixed before it is time to ship. But putting down people who are only telling the truth. Not Cool! I do admit I'm not the most knowledgeable person in pinball but I do know what I saw on countless occasions. and I do know what I was told by people that were in charge of working on the game. (Attempting fixes in front of me and everyone else) This is not the land of make believe this is real events. Actual fact. I'm still in on ALL of my orders of JJPOTC and even my own personal Collectors edition. No one should think any different of the game. Lots can change in the 5 or 6 months until it ships.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Tried to be nice but I'm not going to sit back and not defend myself.
JJPOTC was not good at all Game was going haywire all the time not registering any shots getting stuck everywhere. Game had to be shut down for good because techs did not want to keep trying to fix it. It was deemed not fixable. It is still in a engineers state should not even had been on the floor due to this many problems. I know what auto plunge is. But it would auto plunge continusily until you turned off the game. What feature is that? Haywire mode? come on guys the game had tons of problems even in test the whole row of switches would show active for no reason. Balls got stuck everywhere. Optodes and switches not working. I was there so were many others we did not want to say this on Pinside but come on man. Defend them is fine I like JJP products but discredit me and my company. I will not sit back and do nothing. I was trying not to bash. But here you go the truth about JJPOTC @ IAAPA and FPF. Get your facts straight.
Friday lots of problems
ALL FACTS!!!!!!!
What else would you want pictures, videos, testimonials? I have them all. Listen it is what it is the game went to the shows and did not perform. I appreciate JJP sending us a work in progress title so we can see the game in real time. I'm sure all will be fixed before it is time to ship. But putting down people who are only telling the truth. Not Cool! I do admit I'm not the most knowledgeable person in pinball but I do know what I saw on countless occasions. and I do know what I was told by people that were in charge of working on the game. (Attempting fixes in front of me and everyone else) This is not the land of make believe this is real events. Actual fact. I'm still in on ALL of my orders of JJPOTC and even my own personal Collectors edition. No one should think any different of the game. Lots can change in the 5 or 6 months until it ships.

JJP had 5 proto Potc at Chicago expo. No breakdowns at the entire show, 2 of the 5 only had trunk lock issues a day after. Not a bad track record out of the gate on a debut.

#386 6 years ago

Trust me we all said the exact same thing they were working flawlessly at the reveal. and now this. Must have been a big mess up somewhere. Also we had no idea why only one standard was sent? This was very strange as well. Again not just me hundreds can say the exact same thing that I'm saying right now. Do not take my word for it. I think JJP is kicking themselves for not sending more then 1 standard. Perhaps it was only this one that had the issue. If there was another maybe things would have went differently.

#387 6 years ago

There's two awesome pins coming out soon.....why is everyone so salty?

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

There's two awesome pins coming out soon.....why is everyone so salty?

because sadly, a large percentage of the salty ones are distributors for only 1 of the games and they think by talking constant smack on the hype machine of Pinside that they will be able to sway public opinion and turn more sales of the game they are hawking.

Perfect point is being made in this thread where 1 guy that is a Stern seller/reseller has taken up the charge.

#389 6 years ago

99% of my business is Amusement Operations I do not sell Stern or JJP products I'm a consumers of their products. I have all 3 JJP games in my personal collection. I'm currently in on 10 JJPOTC LE and 1 Collectors edition for myself. I have no hidden agenda here. I love stern and JJP and lets not forget about CGC. They are all fantastic companies and I proudly own and operate each of those Manufactures products. I have no bad feelings toward any of these companies. I love pinball and I'm fortunate enough to be in this hobby on both sides personal use and operations.

JJPOTC is a great game hit it out of the park. Proud to buy them and operate them. It just had a bad week. No big deal. I'm not a liar and I do not pick sides. Seems like the JJP cheerleaders are a little defensive about these real facts though. Please do not attempt to bad mouth me or my knowledge in this industry. I will defend my reputation and my business even if it sheds some light on some unpopular topics. I apologize if my comments has offended anyone and I do not want to discredit all of the hard work the good people at JJP are doing. I appreciate the great contribution they have done to the pinball industry.

#390 6 years ago

I personally don't think you've said anything offensive, but that's just me. Although you are not a distributor, I think it would be helpful if actual distributors of pinball machines were required (honor system) to be marked in some manner so they could be identified in their postings. I personally don't know who is who. It's not that I think distributors are full of misinformation but there is a point to be made that there is a tendency to defend one's brand and pounce on the competitor.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Friday lots of problems

I can Also confirm the above from personal experience.
Code Running was .11P
( in case anyone was wondering)

I too own all 3 JJP LE pins with POTC LE on order.

JJP will iron out the kinks as they always do, so there is nothing to really worry about.
I was happy to be able to play the game in any form at both Iaapa and Freeplay FL

(FWIW, The ball Autolaunch was 100% some sort of switch issue.)

IMG_1472 (resized).JPGIMG_1472 (resized).JPG

#392 6 years ago

The balls "autolaunching" sounds like ball trough opto issues. Had the same thing happen on my Dialed in. Swapped in some brand new opto boards and it works fine.

Funny thing was, in trying to troubleshoot the issue, we also borrowed some known working boards from a Hobbit (same board), and they also failed in DI. Back into Hobbit, and they were working again. The tech and I wondered if it was a voltage management issue that was affecting some boards and not others.

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

But here you go the truth about JJPOTC @ IAAPA and FPF. Get your facts straight.
Friday lots of problems
ALL FACTS!!!!!!!

Didn't read the whole thread but wanted to comment on game issues.
I saw no issues at Free Play Florida that made JJPOTC unplayable and didn't see it turned off.
GOTG was turned off at one point because ball was getting stuck in Groot's mouth. This was due to game being set up in a rush with back legs on front so angle was incorrect.

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Panic_flip:

Didn't read the whole thread but wanted to comment on game issues.

Read the whole thread.

I guess we were in some alternate universe where only me and 100 of my closest friends had the same experience. That's strange.

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Read the whole thread.
I guess we were in some alternate universe where only me and 100 of my closest friends had the same experience. That's strange.

I have read the whole thread. I wasn't there so can't say one way or the other, and am not picking sides (I am merely quoting you as the last post in this string) but in the end does what happened at the shows really matter at this point? I personally am more interested in how the pins work and wear when they are actually shipped out and in homes and other locations, and if there are any problems how quickly the manufacturers address the issue. All this back and forth on what was or wasn't broken is exhausting to read (and I can only imagine exhausting to post). At some point we just have to agree to disagree and move on.

#396 6 years ago

Agree...timing is everything......I played Both games, for a around a dozen games, Friday and Saturday with no issues......

#397 6 years ago

Underside of game is a thing of Beauty !!
Glad to see Subways continuing to be in JJP games.
It will be interesting to see how they integrate the Camera on this one.

IMG_1447 (resized).JPGIMG_1447 (resized).JPG

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Underside of game is a thing of Beauty !!
Glad to see Subways continuing to be in JJP games.
It will be interesting to see how they integrate the Camera on this one.

At least they got all the control boards out of the base of the cabinet and into the head where they belong. Definitely a lot of unique node boards in this game, but does make for cleaner wiring. Why a camera? Sheesh, am I the only one that doesn't want cameras facing the player in my games? That would be the first thing I disable (or point permanently at a picture of a middle finger).

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

At least they got all the control boards out of the base of the cabinet and into the head where they belong. Definitely a lot of unique node boards in this game, but does make for cleaner wiring. Why a camera? Sheesh, am I the only one that doesn't want cameras facing the player in my games? That would be the first thing I disable (or point permanently at a picture of a middle finger).

You can do some pretty cool things with a camera on a pinball machine if the code is there is there to pull it off. Thankfully JJP has some of the best programmers in pinball.

A cool idea in my opinion for camera use would be to create a wanted poster based on player pictures and then somehow tie them into multiplayer games (example, have to catch the other "pirate", the player). High scores could even have a players wanted poster next to it.

#400 6 years ago

Not trying to be a dick but the very prominent "Jersey Jack" plaque has to come off when i get my pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,495 (Firm)
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 406 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iaapa-2017-guardians-of-the-galaxy/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.