20171117_215002 (resized).jpg
small_world_sign1-goldhaber (resized).jpg
060A00FE-8CAE-4008-8C82-B3548D82385C (resized).jpeg
GOTG 3 (resized).jpg
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
0ADD069A-C47A-481F-B506-93A3C885CCFF (resized).jpeg
EDA6663F-930A-4A54-82D7-3B49883EE4B2 (resized).jpeg
B40A3AE8-2522-4B3D-89E8-1CB815D110CC (resized).jpeg
There are 406 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Game looks pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing.
If they can incorporate some really good call outs, this will be a hit. Not sure how I feel about the recycled Aerosmith rules; hopefully Lonnie takes that ruleset to the next level and really gives it more spice and breadth than AS.
Definitely on my radar, good job Borg/Lonnie/Stern!

Game does look fun, but question wasnt aerosmith rules a rehash of kiss rules? And now this is a rehash of aerosmith? So this is basicly the 3rd generation of kiss code at this point?

#102 6 years ago

Looks sweet... Glad I'm in early one of these bad boys!!

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Game looks pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing.
If they can incorporate some really good call outs, this will be a hit. Not sure how I feel about the recycled Aerosmith rules; hopefully Lonnie takes that ruleset to the next level and really gives it more spice and breadth than AS.
Definitely on my radar, good job Borg/Lonnie/Stern!

Rules are -

KISS - AS - GOTG

Has the Combo Champion etc..

#104 6 years ago

Looks good... but i wish they would fix the whole DMD animation thing. Sliding video clips are so weak... Its like powerpoint slides. So figure out a better interface for layout and yes i could better. Stern if your reading this contact me.

This is one big hurdle for Stern in my books they haven't figure out proper intergration of the DMD.
JJP has this figured this out on there system everything is cohesive.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

Looks good... but i wish they would fix the whole DMD animation thing. Sliding video clips are so weak... Its like powerpoint slides. So figure out a better interface for layout and yes i could better. Stern if your reading this contact me.
This is one big hurdle for Stern in my books they haven't figure out proper intergration of the DMD.

s/DMD/LCD/g

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

If you want Stern to contact you for tech advice, I’d highly recommend getting the terminology correct first.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Rules are -
KISS - AS - GOTG

The K.I.S.S. approach to pinball code and design.

Thanks to everyone taking pics and videos of the new games at IAAPA.
Much appreciated.

#108 6 years ago

Snailman asked about 4 player scoring.
You can see it better then Aerosmith.

D34475B3-9D49-4247-8197-DF7758011EDE (resized).jpegD34475B3-9D49-4247-8197-DF7758011EDE (resized).jpeg

0CE9B4CA-54D7-453E-9D20-A2DBFBF5F21B (resized).jpeg0CE9B4CA-54D7-453E-9D20-A2DBFBF5F21B (resized).jpeg

883C887A-56F4-469B-A3FD-938E243D23CC (resized).jpeg883C887A-56F4-469B-A3FD-938E243D23CC (resized).jpeg

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Game does look fun, but question wasnt aerosmith rules a rehash of kiss rules? And now this is a rehash of aerosmith? So this is basicly the 3rd generation of kiss code at this point?

I never cared for KISS game or theme so don’t know all that much about it, but yea you’re right - 3rd generation code lol. And some of that is taken from TF. Nothing too wrong with that I suppose except it poses a last ability issue in a collection if you’re already all too familiar with the previous generation rulesets. Hopefully this 3rd generation raises the bar some. Definitely not worth preordering til we find out. Wonder if they’ll have better incorporated smart missles?

#110 6 years ago

For me, the code looks way too incomplete to consider purchasing now. And I wouldn't want this to be another KISS....

Rob

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I wonder if that is the big marquee thing gomez was talking about at expo.

Looks like it to me. (I was the guy who asked him follow-up questions about it at Expo. He said they may have more customization for it over time.)
.................David Marston

#112 6 years ago

Wow! Looks awesome. Definitely got effective use of the licence and characters to meld into the game. Can't wait to play Friday at FPF! I might even try to slip over to IAAPA on Thursday if I get a chance. Both are great shows and together a reason to travel to Florida.

#113 6 years ago

Here is half CGC booth

F35824AD-57BA-46F3-83E7-CFCCFC8D4474 (resized).jpegF35824AD-57BA-46F3-83E7-CFCCFC8D4474 (resized).jpeg

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The up post past the lanes? You can disable it in Metallica in settings.

Most owners have replaced the default plastic post with a metal one that will drop the ball into the pops instead of sending it back down the left lane.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I know that you can, but I've never come across one that has it disabled out of the hundreds I've played.

The purpose of that post diverter is to drop the ball into the pops. If you disable any of Borg's post diverters, you're losing the 'pops element' that the game is programmed for. That being said, yes, on Met it does tend to send the ball back even though it's not the intent...the post diverter works perfectly in Iron Man. Weird that he wouldn't put it in the "Iron Man spot" going forward.

Quoted from Raegor:

Most owners have replaced the default plastic post with a metal one that will drop the ball into the pops instead of sending it back down the left lane.

They have? I haven't. I want to. LOL ...is it a mod or was a replacement part made?

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They have? I haven't. I want to. LOL ...is it a mod or was a replacement part made?

It's a standard part that fits in the mech. Pinballlife has them.

Details: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/46#post-2277072

#117 6 years ago

Does anyone know if Stern is bringing Guardians over to Free Play Florida after IAAPA this week.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Does anyone know if Stern is bringing Guardians over to Free Play Florida after IAAPA this week.

Yup, Curly has confirmed it will be there!

#119 6 years ago

Awesome Thanks!

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's a standard part that fits in the mech. Pinballlife has them.
Details: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/46#post-2277072

15 minute install on my MET, and now works perfectly, every time.

#121 6 years ago

Any price yet on that Stern super topper?

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

For me, the code looks way too incomplete to consider purchasing now. And I wouldn't want this to be another KISS....
Rob

Agreed ..has long long way to go.... heck the premium didnt use the 3 color gi or rgb inserts at all really. Ill wait to see where the code goes over the next few months but im sure it will be year or 2 before its really done.

#123 6 years ago

There's a good chance that the code is further along than what we see here, but for the show they went with the most stable version. That's pretty common for a demo. If you go to E3, a lot of the video game demos are a few build versions behind, but they're stable.

#124 6 years ago

They told me they were hoping to have new code on the show floor sometime tomorrow with Hooked on a Feeling on it.
We shall see if that comes to pass.
But I’m here till Friday so hopefully they will get it before the shows end.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agree, hope they spend time on code for this game. Lots of the frames are still missing art, starting a mode with a black screen and text is kinda lame. Really hoping for some good code and time well spent integrated the audio and visuals into the games theme.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 6 years ago

Hey guys. This is Dennis (Arcade’s brother) we had fun streaming the video for you today. Thanks Flyn for getting it to YouTube for me. FB was giving me a hard time saving it so I could upload it. When I did get it saved YouTube gave me errors.

I saw a mention asking why StarWars wasn’t on display. It was. Both a pro and a premium but they were on the other side with an Aerosmith and another GOTG Pro.

Arcade covered the music questions but I’ll reiterate how my conversation went. I asked one of the stern guys about the music before we heard Cherry Bomb. He said they were trying to add a song a day and there would be 4. I immediately asked if Spirit in the Sky would be one as it’s my favorite. His response was “I think that’s the 4th one” and then he said Hooked in a Feeling should be the one added tomorrow. When I went back to him later he was more tight lipped and said he could not say what the third song was.

The Groot hands are not terrible. As Leon (Arcade) said it does block a little more of the right than the left but I didn’t feel like they got in my way. You can see the ramp coming down just behind it and where to shoot is obvious to me. I tired to show a players view in the video I posted of the premium while he played. (I’m sure he didn’t like my phone in his face lol)

All in All I don’t think you miss having much if you get the pro at all. I would be quite happy with it. The Color changing LEDs are nice and the Red Blue and White GI are definitely better when you see them side by side like that. However if you get a pro you’ll never have a premium next to it that isn’t yours lol. We own Metallica and I didn’t expect to like the layout of this much and I have to say I do! It flows like a Metallica that was designed by Steve Ritchie if that makes sense. The shots are just a little different and the modes immerse you into the GOTG world. You can’t go wrong with either model you buy unless you get that ugly powder coated LE LMAO!

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

That cool KISS is frick'in awesome .

#128 6 years ago

First off thank you & Arcade feeding our addiction , but could you guys add the premium video to youtube, or a some new premium videos tomorrow with the 2 songs (which ever pin has the volume loud enough). I can't seem to watch facebook videos on mobile devices, no fb account. But I can see them on computer with no account weird

Any news about the black wrinkle finish armor for the premium/pro's?

Quoted from KingNine:

However if you get a pro you’ll never have a premium next to it that isn’t yours lol.

Could you clarify this a bit ^^^, I think you're as excited writing about it, as we are seeing it. I am favoring a premium

#129 6 years ago

2-1 odds when someone told Gary the thing in the middle of the playfield was called "Groot"
he heard "Loot".
Then again, it was probably just loud in there...

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

First off thank you & Arcade feeding our addiction , but could you guys add the premium video to youtube, or a some new premium videos tomorrow with the 2 songs (which ever pin has the volume loud enough).
Any news about the black wrinkle finish armor for the premium/pro's?

Could you clarify this a bit ^^^, I think you're as excited writing about it, as we are seeing it. I am favoring a premium

I’ll see if I can get the premium video saved and uploaded.

To clarify that I was saying the GI looks better on the premium than the Pro and you can really see it when they are side by side. However when will the pro you buy ever be sittting next to a Premium to make you think yours doesn’t look at good.

#131 6 years ago

Title has JJP Pirates in it....was that there?? Lol

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Hey guys. This is Dennis (Arcade’s brother) we had fun streaming the video for you today. Thanks Flyn for getting it to YouTube for me. FB was giving me a hard time saving it so I could upload it. When I did get it saved YouTube gave me errors.
I saw a mention asking why StarWars wasn’t on display. It was. Both a pro and a premium but they were on the other side with an Aerosmith and another GOTG Pro.
Arcade covered the music questions but I’ll reiterate how my conversation went. I asked one of the stern guys about the music before we heard Cherry Bomb. He said they were trying to add a song a day and there would be 4. I immediately asked if Spirit in the Sky would be one as it’s my favorite. His response was “I think that’s the 4th one” and then he said Hooked in a Feeling should be the one added tomorrow. When I went back to him later he was more tight lipped and said he could not say what the third song was.
The Groot hands are not terrible. As Leon (Arcade) said it does block a little more of the right than the left but I didn’t feel like they got in my way. You can see the ramp coming down just behind it and where to shoot is obvious to me. I tired to show a players view in the video I posted of the premium while he played. (I’m sure he didn’t like my phone in his face lol)
All in All I don’t think you miss having much if you get the pro at all. I would be quite happy with it. The Color changing LEDs are nice and the Red Blue and White GI are definitely better when you see them side by side like that. However if you get a pro you’ll never have a premium next to it that isn’t yours lol. We own Metallica and I didn’t expect to like the layout of this much and I have to say I do! It flows like a Metallica that was designed by Steve Ritchie if that makes sense. The shots are just a little different and the modes immerse you into the GOTG world. You can’t go wrong with either model you buy unless you get that ugly powder coated LE LMAO!

How was the ramp returns with those flasher plastics near the outlanes? Did they block the view much there?

Thx

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Agreed! I would like to hear and see more on jjppotc please!

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I am told that GOTG and JJP Pirates will both be moved from IAAPA to FPF on Friday evening, so that infers it's there.

#135 6 years ago

GOTG Looks neat - lets hope the soundtrack isn't completely old fart music again. The first couple tracks are sure doozies.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yeah much more buzz on GOTG. Pirates I look forward to playing but zero chance I will buy one.

#137 6 years ago

Well, to be fair, the reason there's more buzz about GOTG is because this is the first time we have seen gameplay and the LCD. I don't think POTC has new code or anything so we've seen it all before.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

GOTG Looks neat - lets hope the soundtrack isn't completely old fart music again. The first couple tracks are sure doozies.

Umm, have you watched the movies?

#139 6 years ago

I still would like to see the gold on the LE to be sure I completely hate it.

I did not like the Green on my AFMR LE at first release now I Love it.

#140 6 years ago

Here is a premium video I could not upload till this morning. Heading out for more now

#141 6 years ago

Flynn I was not bothered at all by the flasher caps. I’ll check again today

#143 6 years ago

Wow this is great! Thanks for taking the video to show us the game...

Quoted from KingNine:

Here is a premium video I could not upload till this morning. Heading out for more now
» YouTube video

#144 6 years ago

If you can’t view the one in our GCPC group here is a link to it saved on my personal page. If not maybe Flynn can get it up on YouTube again for me.

https://www.facebook.com/dmoncla/videos/10214321382970573/

#145 6 years ago

Cool. How is this implemented? (ie. what starts the song?)

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Cool. How is this implemented? (ie. what starts the song?)

Orb locks start Hooked on a Feeling

#147 6 years ago

That's an odd shot to start this song? I was hoping the rules would be more of a quest, like the movies. In the movie, hooked on a feeling started when the guardians were getting processed into the prison. I saw those clips in your video, but to start the song on an orb lock seems odd. I guess we'll see what they have planned, still cautiously optomistic!

Quoted from Arcade:

Orb locks start Hooked on a Feeling

#148 6 years ago

So from your calculations are we looking at "buy" code or "wait and see" code?

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

So from your calculations are we looking at "buy" code or "wait and see" code?

Dude, you have Baywatch, what more could you want?

#150 6 years ago

I noticed another conflict in Stern's marketing materials. We already know about the mistake in the feature matrix concerning the Pro being checked for both RGB and white GI.
I just noticed the the feature matrix says the Premium/LE has RGB pop bumpers, and the Pro does not. However, the flyer for the Pro says it has RGB pop bumpers.
Can anyone who played it chime in? Does the Pro have RGB pop bumpers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Los Angeles, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 406 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iaapa-2017-guardians-of-the-galaxy/page/3?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.