20171117_215002 (resized).jpg
small_world_sign1-goldhaber (resized).jpg
060A00FE-8CAE-4008-8C82-B3548D82385C (resized).jpeg
GOTG 3 (resized).jpg
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
0ADD069A-C47A-481F-B506-93A3C885CCFF (resized).jpeg
EDA6663F-930A-4A54-82D7-3B49883EE4B2 (resized).jpeg
B40A3AE8-2522-4B3D-89E8-1CB815D110CC (resized).jpeg
There are 406 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#52 6 years ago

Looks good so far. Some obvious placeholders in the LCD animations, but already looks more polished and easier to read than SW. Glad the music got worked into the game and hope it's true that there are 4 songs now.

#53 6 years ago

Sorry rob.
We will approve any request for Gulf Coast Pinball Facebook now

#54 6 years ago

Me have no facee book?

#55 6 years ago

Is Groot interactive? As far as talk? Or does his head just gobble up the balls?

#56 6 years ago

D833189B-50EB-4D96-A849-C4E5DD6DBA1D (resized).jpegD833189B-50EB-4D96-A849-C4E5DD6DBA1D (resized).jpeg

FF091664-DDA9-4FDF-A0CF-81B3D104E752 (resized).jpegFF091664-DDA9-4FDF-A0CF-81B3D104E752 (resized).jpeg

#57 6 years ago

Not sure how to get my FB live videos up unless you join gulf coast pinball on FB

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Sorry rob.
We will approve any request for Gulf Coast Pinball Facebook now

Arcade, any game you'd compare it with?

#59 6 years ago

Looks like some mode music isn't in there yet and lots of placeholder stuff. I'm sure it will be a lot more fully featured on the sound side by the time they do the full live stream.

Rules seem Aerosmith-ish, but hard to tell.

#60 6 years ago

Awesome stuff so far, thank you all for the current pics and videos, Any mention of a topper, art blades, & armor for the Premium/Pro?

also i'd like to see rocket gun fire recoil moving if possible!

#61 6 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GulfCoastPinballClub/
I have no problems watching the videos.

#62 6 years ago

Some different LED Colors.

F5255ADA-4D5D-411D-82C2-C92B8A8FB98B (resized).jpegF5255ADA-4D5D-411D-82C2-C92B8A8FB98B (resized).jpeg

250BF8A3-3CD0-4C73-BAB0-08FE2429E312 (resized).jpeg250BF8A3-3CD0-4C73-BAB0-08FE2429E312 (resized).jpeg

DFFDFFC8-5E42-481A-9B2E-F09DDEE922D0 (resized).jpegDFFDFFC8-5E42-481A-9B2E-F09DDEE922D0 (resized).jpeg

506746CB-A44F-4ED0-B4C3-AA76904AEA0B (resized).jpeg506746CB-A44F-4ED0-B4C3-AA76904AEA0B (resized).jpeg

19B34016-EE2F-4567-8CED-3AFA72C4B2F1 (resized).jpeg19B34016-EE2F-4567-8CED-3AFA72C4B2F1 (resized).jpeg

#63 6 years ago

Plays very much met imo.... like the lightshow on premium and other extra stuff ....i wld go that route if i get one. However not sure im ready to drop 7400 for it..... last premium i bought was 6300 not long ago ...which was alot.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Any mention of a topper, art blades, & armor for the Premium/Pro?

Just saw photo of topper.
Can’t post
They say it will be out tomorrow.
It is a 2 layer topper with shadow characters in the center.
Also will have side art blades and groot shooter rod

#65 6 years ago

Gotta go do the rest of the show.
Been fun.
I’ll check back and keep approving people on Facebook that need it

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just saw photo of topper.
Can’t post
They say it will be out tomorrow.
It is a 2 layer topper with shadow characters in the center.
Also will have side art blades and groot shooter rod

Damn...... where are the Star Wars accessories?

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

1 premium and 1 pro version. You can tell by the tags in the left hand corner just below the marquee.

Surprised they have the Premium there. Usually the only have the Pro at the debut. Very cool.

#68 6 years ago

I’ll be there later tonight

#69 6 years ago

Looks good so far, still laughing at the fact that they have cue placements on the screen when this game is apparently going to be in the hands of some owners in less than 10-14 days (according to some NIB buyers). Screen animations are better than star wars from the first glance. Very surprised not to see Star Wars in the line up and no accessories to show for, but that might all come tomorrow. First video impressions B+

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Plays very much met imo.... like the lightshow on premium and other extra stuff ....i wld go that route if i get one. However not sure im ready to drop 7400 for it..... last premium i bought was 6300 not long ago ...which was alot.

Following up on what i said..... it will come down to the code imo...... met is one the best coded stern pins .

#71 6 years ago

Do they have the call outs in it? I’m curious who they got to do them.

#72 6 years ago

Looks good so far - glad they can use all the footage they want showing the characters - that probably means all the audio callouts are free game too.

#73 6 years ago

So, songs are Cherry Bomb and Hooked on a Feeling.

2 others?

Probably Go all the Way and Spirit in the Sky as these are the most upbeat.

#74 6 years ago

Cherry bomb, hooked on a feeling, and the orchestral score are confirmed. That check that box for me. Last hurdle is to put some games on it.

#75 6 years ago

Waiting on something to talk me into the premium, but I think it's gonna be pro.

The Groot hands look awesome, but I just feel like they're gonna block too much. Guess I could remove them (reposition?).

#76 6 years ago

okay this looks really promising now.... clips + the music news.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Waiting on something to talk me into the premium, but I think it's gonna be pro.
The Groot hands look awesome, but I just feel like they're gonna block too much. Guess I could remove them (reposition?).

lol rewatch this video, https://www.facebook.com/dmoncla/videos/10214312238661971/

RGB leds with clear inserts like ST Premium/LE, sold! lol sometimes I just sit/stand & watch my STLE attract mode really is great feature that is under rated. During game play, color modes really add that little extra touch you can't get any other mod.

#78 6 years ago

Any video of Rocket's gun fire recoil on the premium?

#79 6 years ago

Ok; biggest gap appears to be any call outs or audio from movie. Didn’t hear any in the videos. “Cherry bomb” could get old but glad it’s in. Can always swap out later.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

lol rewatch this video, https://www.facebook.com/dmoncla/videos/10214312238661971/
RGB leds with clear inserts like ST Premium/LE, sold! lol sometimes I just sit/stand & watch my STLE attract mode really is great feature that is under rated, and game play color modes really helps add that little extra touch.

You're not helping! Lol.

Okay, maybe this does need to be my first premium. But then I won't have it until late December (maybe?). Merry Xmas to me, I guess.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I hate any obstructive view of shots . Like upper playfield on GOTLE . The Groot Hands appear to be a little obstructive I know it is subjective keep an open mind for those who are there playing . Could you report your observation regarding the Groot Hands . Pro look nice with out Hands . Thank you.

#82 6 years ago

Here is Dennis' video rehosted on youtube for those who don't have Facebook

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I hate any obstructive view of shots . Like upper playfield on GOTLE . The Groot Hands appear to be a little obstructive I know it is subjective keep an open mind for those who are there playing . Could you report your observation regarding the Groot Hands . Pro look nice with out Hands . Thank you.

That's exactly what has kept me from pulling the trigger on GOT premium (and what has me pausing on the GOTG premium - color changing RGB not withstanding); I hate things that block the path of shots.

Like you said, a completely subjective thing...but a reason I'm watching this thread closely today to see what people who are there think of the hands.

#84 6 years ago

The Groot hands and the pieces of colored/stickered plastics covering the top of the inlane/outlane area on both sides is a big minus. Single reason I never bought an AC/DC was the cannon blocked the inlane/outlane view on the right. Come On STERN!

#85 6 years ago

Groot arms do block the right ramp entrance. Left side is not so bad

#86 6 years ago

Sounds exactly like the Game of Thrones reveal in the fall of 2015.

First shown at IAAPA and then Friday afternoon when that ended they moved the Pro and Premium to the Free Play Florida pinball show. Plan to be playing them on Friday at FPF!

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

The Groot hands and the pieces of colored/stickered plastics covering the top of the inlane/outlane area on both sides is a big minus. Single reason I never bought an AC/DC was the cannon blocked the inlane/outlane view on the right. Come On STERN!

I would think you get used to it and adapt your play style if it were to interferes.

I personally didn’t think the cannon on AcDc was that bad nor the hammer on Metallica...

#88 6 years ago

Thanks for the guys at SDTM for posting this up ZMeny Check this footage out:

#89 6 years ago

Screen video and graphics look excellent!

But did Stern seriously do another pin LCD screen with small WHITE scores on a CYAN background?
And let me guess... when you have a 4-player game going, the font size goes microscopic to fit all 4 players scores in that band across the bottom of the screen. Ugh.

#90 6 years ago

Dang it. Why did they bring back the left orbit shot hitting a diverter and coming back down the left side? That was a bummer in Metallica.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Dang it. Why did they bring back the left orbit shot hitting a diverter and coming back down the left side? That was a bummer in Metallica.

The up post past the lanes? You can disable it in Metallica in settings.

#92 6 years ago

Love the theme. Love the music.
No sound clips from the movies at all is a Major downer.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think they'll be in there with more updates. There is a lot of missing stuff right now.

Quoted from TomGWI:

The up post past the lanes? You can disable it in Metallica in settings.

I know that you can, but I've never come across one that has it disabled out of the hundreds I've played.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I know that you can, but I've never come across one that has it disabled out of the hundreds I've played.

The one at Nickelrama in Garland TX has been disabled forever.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They might not have license to put any in.

Songs plus Marvel sound-alikes instead?

#96 6 years ago

Has it been confirmed that there are more songs to be added or is it only the 2 songs announced this morning? Also watching the videos looks like there are many frames that are just black screen with text. Starting modes for example is just mode title and black screen. To me that seems like there is lots more coming for code, audio and visuals for this game as it still looks in-progress code. Overall game is looking fun, can't wait to play one.

Thank you to all posting pictures and videos and keep them coming!

#97 6 years ago

At least they have some music.

The new Pirates doesn’t have the music, video, sound clips or anything from the franchise.

That is a major downer for me and I’m a big fan of the franchise.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Has it been confirmed that there are more songs to be added or is it only the 2 songs announced this morning? Also watching the videos looks like there are many frames that are just black screen with text. Starting modes for example is just mode title and black screen. To me that seems like there is lots more coming for code, audio and visuals for this game as it still looks in-progress code. Overall game is looking fun, can't wait to play one.
Thank you to all posting pictures and videos and keep them coming!

Stern employee tod us 2 songs now and plans to get 2 more.

#99 6 years ago

If theres songs plopped in there, does this mean that we will have the option to change them with Pinball Browser?

#100 6 years ago

Game looks pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing.

If they can incorporate some really good call outs, this will be a hit. Not sure how I feel about the recycled Aerosmith rules; hopefully Lonnie takes that ruleset to the next level and really gives it more spice and breadth than AS.

Definitely on my radar, good job Borg/Lonnie/Stern!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 25.00
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 406 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iaapa-2017-guardians-of-the-galaxy/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.