• Latest reply 5 years ago by Schwaggs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190219-200448_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190219-130633_Drive (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newtoit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Im having trouble with my turbo. It comes up as an error for turbo sensor and index sensor. The turbo spins. In switch test the 2 switches register.
In game the ball goes into it it takes about 5 seconds then spins it out. When lock is lit it does not hold the ball, it spins it out but still counts it as a lock.
In the turbo test both sensors fail.

I took the ramp out and took the turbo board out. Cleaned both optos, reflowed solder on the small turbo board.

#3 5 years ago

After looking at the manual. Mine does not have a nit on the top that holds the impeller down. Mine has a screw that goes into the shaft.

I circled it in blue in the pic.

Screenshot_20190219-130633_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190219-130633_Drive (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

Footage of it in turbo test.

#5 5 years ago

It looks like it is struggling when it is going slow. So i manually helped it spin by hand and go figure it passed both tests.

Does this mean the motor is bad? The motor looks like a sealed unit, is it serviceable?

#7 5 years ago

I stumbled across this post while researching the motor ( 14-8021.1 )

Screenshot_20190219-200448_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190219-200448_Chrome (resized).jpg
#8 5 years ago

Opened up the turbo gearbox and cleaned the old grease out. Added new grease. Also sprayed some brake cleaner into the motor by the brushes and spun it around.
Put it back together. Slapped it in the game. It i'l mmediatwly passed the turbk test. It doesnt make a grinding noise. It is operating flawlessly for the couple games i played.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newtoit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i500-indianapolis-500-turbo-issue?tu=newtoit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.