(Topic ID: 24010)

I wouldn't give $265 for this pin collection. What thinks you?

By Pintucky

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jahbarron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF5522.JPG
DSCF5517.JPG

#1 11 years ago

This estate sale for a pin collection is asking $26,500.00. Am I being too cynical? Unless these are super rare pins it looks like a collection of junk to me.

ebay.com link: Estate Pinball Sale

#2 11 years ago

Dunno about the value of all the old EM's and such, but the friggin Chexx hockey could be 2-4000 on it's own if it's in good condition.

I do know that an unfaded Future Spa cabinet may be worth approximately 20,000 dollars.

#3 11 years ago

$265 for a ton of project pins? Sell one and you'll gain a profit!!!!

#4 11 years ago

Yuck, this is up for sale again?

People who have seen it in person would not give $2600 let alone $26,000 for it.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

$265 for a ton of project pins? Sell one and you'll gain a profit!!!!

C'mon and give him a break. He's from Kentucky and they haven't started using zeros down there yet.

#6 11 years ago

In current condition (if they all work reasonably):
2 xenons: probably $600 each
space invaders: $800
black knight: $800 each
paragon: $600
indiana jones (williams): $4k
rollergames: $600
flash: $500
centaur: $500
high speed: $600
ice cold beer: $1500 for both (since one doesn't work)
35 various EM's: $300 each
various pinball glasses: say $60 each x 87

addams family playfield NOS?: $500

I count up $28k there (not including chexx hockey).. Of course, condition really matters (not even including the non-complete pins)

I hate lots like this, because nobody would ever take this kind of risk (especially with so many EM's in it). Why wouldn't they just send this to an amusement auction to be sold piece by piece?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He's from Kentucky and they haven't started using zeros down there yet.

EXCUSE ME!!! At least I know where I live, "Mr. Location Unknown"!!!

And we do 2 have zeros down here. Ah zeroed mah rifle yistadee. And ah got one of them on one of them thar learnin tests we took at skool. Not to mention Zero candy bars we jes got hold of down here. We don't wear no shoes here ya know . . . we goes barefeet most of the time. But nex time I put mah shoes on, I'm gonna go walk to that fancy store at the bottom of the mountain and buy me some of them Cheerios. They's O's 2, ain't they?

I INTENTIONALLY said $265 . . . lopping off the 00 .00. This was ridicule of the $26 THOUSAND asking price. If you need more zeroes to understand this, then I'm sure you can find some of them 'up there' instead of 'down here'. A 'zero' is a non-entity. Ring a bell?

#8 11 years ago

I dont know mike, I have been looking for a Captain Kidd for awhile...

#9 11 years ago

Jared,
Had no idea you were on here.

I think I've just been castigated by a consarned Yankee!!!!

He said: "Down there . . . " That means he's from up North. I'm too old to pull the cannon and defend the plantation here . . . but sense you R up the crick aways more closer to them Yyyannkeees, you send a scout down here to warn us ifn they are acomin this aways!!!

We'll keep a look out for Captain Kidd. Last I heard he was-a fightin over in Wes Virginny. Heres hopin he's still defendin the dear ole south!!!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

C'mon and give him a break. He's from Kentucky and they haven't started using zeros down there yet.

No.....but we do know how to give you the finger

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

35 various EM's: $300 each

That's being generous. In all likelihood every single one of those EMs has mechanical issues as well as wear and backglass flaking.

#12 11 years ago

I've lived in KY, you guys can all relax....

#13 11 years ago

We've seen this before like 2 months ago. To me it looks like 10k worth of stuff.

#14 11 years ago

Not worth what they are asking for sure, the shrinkage could be horrendous once you got into the machines, but not worthless either, there are some good titles in there.

#15 11 years ago

I'd easily drop $10K on that stuff in two seconds. Probably even more once I seen it all in person. Looks like alot of fun for the money. Which it was closer to me.........

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

This estate sale for a pin collection is asking $26,500.00. Am I being too cynical? Unless these are super rare pins it looks like a collection of junk to me.
ebay.com link: Estate Pinball Sale

Jesus, for 26.5 you'd think he could alphabetized the freaking list.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Dunno about the value of all the old EM's and such, but the friggin Chexx hockey could be 2-4000 on it's own if it's in good condition.
I do know that an unfaded Future Spa cabinet may be worth approximately 20,000 dollars.

I could use that FS cab!

#18 11 years ago

Look up the thread from a few months ago.

Guys who knew the person who kicked the bucket said that there are not any complete games in the collection.

#19 11 years ago

I mean, I'd give 265 for it.

#20 11 years ago

Games wouldn't need to be complete for the $10K price. Still worth the fun.....

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#21 11 years ago

So I'm guessing since this one is complete its the better bargain, even at that price ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

knoxville.craigslist.org link

#22 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure they listed on eBay and not in front of the Pinside DMD Grand Jury for a reason. I'd spend some time with that pile of "junk".

Man, seeing that Criterium 75 playfield brought back nightmares. I don't know if any of you guys have ever had to removed the sheath from a Spanish EM/SS machine, but it ain't easy. He seems to have done a better job than I did. I'd buy that and CC it in a second!

Here's a glimpse into what I had to deal with:

DSCF5517.JPGDSCF5517.JPG DSCF5522.JPGDSCF5522.JPG

#23 11 years ago

I wouldn't give $3000 for the lot. Pretty much all backglasses missing, each one will cost well over $100 to replace.

#24 11 years ago

Actually, it seems like they listed all of the glasses separate. I bet the deceased just had all of the glasses off while he was working on them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-wouldnt-give-265-for-this-pin-collection-what-thinks-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.