Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mato
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a used AC/DC (mint condition) and like it so much that I would like to upgrade it to a brand new Premium (are these still in production?). Do you guys know the best way to do this, or a distributor that makes this kind of deals? I live in Miami, FL.

#2 10 years ago

I have a couple premiums left, PM Me if interested

pinballpro.com

#3 10 years ago

Premium is the ducks nuts, good luck so much better then the pro

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Premium is the ducks nuts, good luck so much better then the pro

Here, let me go ahead and list the typical canned responses to that:

-- "But the Pro is better because it's SOOOOO much faster than the Premium."

-- "The Premium isn't worth the extra $2,000. I'd rather use that money to buy another machine!"

-- "Just buy the Pro and mod it, brah. That'll make it BETTER than the Premium."

#5 10 years ago

I see no reason for this to turn into a pro vs. premium argument. The OP prefers the premium, and that's all that matters.

#6 10 years ago

Premiums are still available from most distributors. I got the best price from CoinTaker.

#7 10 years ago

Best price is Trent at Tilt amusements. Depending on inventory he may take a trade as well.

Scott

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Here, let me go ahead and list the typical canned responses to that:
-- "But the Pro is better because it's SOOOOO much faster than the Premium."
-- "The Premium isn't worth the extra $2,000. I'd rather use that money to buy another machine!"
-- "Just buy the Pro and mod it, brah. That'll make it BETTER than the Premium."

Screw the pro, premium is the way to go on this title........its a no Brainer

#9 10 years ago

Yeah! The Pro is a real piece of shit! What a crap pin. Only girls and sailors have that game! Yeah! High fives all around!

I love my Pro.

#10 10 years ago

I really like the pro but I love the premium. Its like going to hang out with a girl your taking out and her roommates there and she's way hotter like damn missed opportunity.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah! The Pro is a real piece of shit! What a crap pin. Only girls and sailors have that game! Yeah! High fives all around!
I love my Pro.

if you love the pro you will be in a fabulous orgasmic heaven with the premium. why settle for just love?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

I really like the pro but I love the premium. Its like going to hang out with a girl your taking out and her roommates there and she's way hotter like damn missed opportunity.

Love that analogy

#13 10 years ago

Go the Premium. You'll get that lovely Ironman lower playfield thats as useless as tits on a bull.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Gryphon:

Go the Premium. You'll get that lovely Ironman lower playfield thats as useless as tits on a bull.

You aren't doing it right!

#15 10 years ago

I would love to upgrade my HUO heavily modded Pro for a Premium. If there are any distributors or pinheads that have a HUO (with clear lower playfield window) or NIB where we can work a trade + cash...please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

The pro is amazing...but the premium yes is JUST THAT GOOD.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You aren't doing it right!

Maybe, but it still plays like garbage and isn't fun. Get me back to the main playfield now please.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Maybe, but it still plays like garbage and isn't fun. Get me back to the main playfield now please.

lol what are you expecting from a mini playfield? There are great scoring opportunities down there.

#18 10 years ago

If you can afford the upgrade to a premium definitely do it. I am very happy I held out and ended up with a Premium machine in the long run.

Whatever the case, ACDC is simply a great machine and I have no doubt that thanks to ACDC, Stern would be in a very good place at the moment and can hopefully consistently increase the budget on future machines. It wouldn't surprise me at all if in 20-30 years ACDC is likened to Space Shuttle as being a machine that went a long way to guaranteeing pinball's future.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintoxicated:

If you can afford the upgrade to a premium definitely do it. I am very happy I held out and ended up with a Premium machine in the long run.
Whatever the case, ACDC is simply a great machine and I have no doubt that thanks to ACDC, Stern would be in a very good place at the moment and can hopefully consistently increase the budget on future machines. It wouldn't surprise me at all if in 20-30 years ACDC is likened to Space Shuttle as being a machine that went a long way to guaranteeing pinball's future.

Agreed for sure......and a thumbs up for you

#20 10 years ago

Are they still manufacturing Pros/Premium? Reason why I ask is I would like to get a latest production run NIB sometime early next year.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from GimpMaster:

Are they still manufacturing Pros/Premium? Reason why I ask is I would like to get a latest production run NIB sometime early next year.

Think they have stopped making these now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-would-like-to-upgrade-my-acdc-pro-to-a-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.