(Topic ID: 185872)

I won a pinball machine! Help me choose?

By McSquid

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Taygeta
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imharrow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago

All 3 of those games have very different rules and play style. I think you should make your decision based on how you like to play. Watch tutorials and videos to get an idea.

Here are some things that i think set them apart.
    - GB and GOT are both Dwight rules that have some similar properties. Very exponential scoring, and not particularly balanced, but this can be fun, because you can really blow them up.
    - GB can be frustrating, and fast. It is very polarising in opinion. There are many ways to play it, but you will probably end up playing the same approach every game. But of you like the theme and progressing, it is great, it is still the goto game in my house. Best art package of the bunch. Code still needs work and hopefully it will happen.
    - GOT i have less time on. It has many ways to play. I think as a game to own. greyjoy adds a really nice added challenge. Once you master the modes, it is like playing on hard mode. Flowly and fun. I don't like that things like the ram can be a little finicky (i guess GB has that issue too). Rules are crazy complicated. Just the strategy around what 3 houses to bring into HOTK is crazy.
    - TWD has that Borg bash layout that balances advanced play and beginner play so well. Beginners will hit the prison and have a great time. Rules are great strategy wise, building the stacks with BB, earning your multi kills. Best danger noise in pinball, and you will hear it every ball because you are forced into risky play. To do well, you need to know the rules.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imharrow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-won-a-pinball-machine-help-me-choose?tu=imharrow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.