(Topic ID: 200814)

I woke up to calls about a shooter at my work

By Puffdanny

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

#1 6 years ago

A coworker pulled a gun and was waving it around and when the police arrived he shot himself.thankfully he's the only fatality but my friend seriously injured her leg and had to be carried out during a hectic evacuation and there's some really shaken up people.thankfully for me it wasn't on my shift. working at a big plant that was 2500 people when I hired in I've seen my share of crazy and heartbreaking things firsthand but nothing where I had to fear for my life.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/785262001

#2 6 years ago

Wow crazy! Glad you and everyone else is safe

#3 6 years ago

Just WOW! Glad everyone is ok including yourself.

#5 6 years ago

Glad you are safe.

LTG : )

#6 6 years ago

Glad you are safe. We had a mass shooting 11 miles from us....very disturbing to say least

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

A coworker pulled a gun and was waving it around and when the police arrived he shot himself.thankfully he's the only fatality but my friend seriously injured her leg and had to be carried out during a hectic evacuation and there's some really shaken up people.thankfully for me it wasn't on my shift. working at a big plant that was 2500 people when I hired in I've seen my share of crazy and heartbreaking things firsthand but nothing where I had to fear for my life.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/785262001

Jesus, what is wrong with people! A 21 year old, with a whole life ahead of him ends it all over an argument?!?
Glad he didn't hurt anyone else, but why do something so pointless and stupid? It is sad all around. Sad that he resorted to violence, sad that a young adult lost their life, sad that you and your coworkers have been shaken and traumatized by such an event.

I wish the best for you, and I hope everyone there can really come together and move past such a shocking, needless tragedy.

#8 6 years ago

Sad thing is it wasn't even a labor dispute.he was distraught and they talked to him for a couple hours before he finally pulled a gun and killed himself.he wasn't mad at the compay or union just some issues he felt he couldn't deal with any longer.there's a lot of misinformation on the news because somehow the reporter found the biggest piece of shit in in the whole factory and he just spouted off a bunch of b.s.

#9 6 years ago

WOW, crazy shit. You got to be wary of everything nowadays.

#10 6 years ago

Glad to hear he only killed himself. I say good riddance and one less massacre avoided. Thank goodness for the police.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Glad to hear he only killed himself. I say good riddance and one less massacre avoided. Thank goodness for the police.

Yeah good riddance to a distraught 21-year old who doesn't sound like he actually wanted to hurt anybody. Glad he's dead!! Yay!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Sad thing is it wasn't even a labor dispute.he was distraught and they talked to him for a couple hours before he finally pulled a gun and killed himself.he wasn't mad at the compay or union just some issues he felt he couldn't deal with any longer.there's a lot of misinformation on the news because somehow the reporter found the biggest piece of shit in in the whole factory and he just spouted off a bunch of b.s.

Wow, thanks for clearing up the fake news.

#13 6 years ago

I thought it was a delivery of one of my pinball shooters and there was a description on the box. ..PPHeeww

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah good riddance to a distraught 21-year old who doesn't sound like he actually wanted to hurt anybody. Glad he's dead!! Yay!

Perhaps it's a cultural difference but bringing a loaded firearm into a workplace would tend to negate that assumption.

#15 6 years ago

Obviously there was something unstable going on there. Glad everybody else was safe..
Wow, really too bad though

#16 6 years ago

Some one as young as 21 and could comit sucide has a mental illness very sad his family will suffer

#17 6 years ago

A little too close to home for me. My father in law used to be a supervisor at your plant.

#18 6 years ago

That’s sad. I know this plant pretty well. Friend’s parents growing up worked there/folks I know growing up work there.

I used to get stoned and play pinball all hours of the night at The Detroiter truck stop across the street when I was in high school. Best pinball selection downriver from about 92-96.

#19 6 years ago

Okay? That is some insanely close crazy?
Glad the right one got hurt and no Vegas-like drama.
Shocking.
Strength to all involved

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-woke-up-to-calls-about-a-shooter-at-my-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.