Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20210207_180900622 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210207_171545743 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210207_171532347 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 3 years ago

So I sold my Rollergames to a bar owner today. He was buying it to replace a "friends" Comet that he didn't want to come in and maintain any more. This friend said it wasn't worth fixing and had just let the machine degrade. The bar owner had told him that if he didn't want it anymore I would be interested in buying it. It was a pretty rough game but still semi flipping when I got there. Well the guy shows up while I'm there. He didn't seem to be in a great mood so I didn't ask if he wanted to sell it. It seemed like he just wanted to get it and go so I left it alone. Things started off pretty normal, he removed the backglass, playfield glass and coin box and set them aside. Then things start escalating. He walks back, roughly throws a tool set on the playfield takes the head bolts out and pretty much just lets the head flop over. Then things get really crazy! The back leg bolts weren't coming out so he ends up flipping the whole machine on its side in the middle of the bar and ripped the back legs off. The whole time he was complaining that he didn't have time for this, he never wants to see the game again and its going in the burn pit. He wrapped a ratchet strap around it and wheeled it out the door. Then he comes back in grabs the coin box and proceeds to dump a couple hundred dollars in quarters on the bar before leaving. So obviously there was something more going on here BUT if it was about lost route money why dump money on the bar before leaving and if you didn't have time or interest in the machine anymore why not just tell the bar owner to get $200 from me and I can take it home with me? Someone like me who scrapes every extra dollar for machines would of loved to have this machine. Maybe I'm too attached to these toys.....

PXL_20210207_171532347 (resized).jpgPXL_20210207_171532347 (resized).jpgPXL_20210207_171545743 (resized).jpgPXL_20210207_171545743 (resized).jpgPXL_20210207_180900622 (resized).jpgPXL_20210207_180900622 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Poor Comet. It deserved better.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

So I sold my Rollergames to a bar owner today. He was buying it to replace a "friends" Comet that he didn't want to come in and maintain any more. This friend said it wasn't worth fixing and had just let the machine degrade. The bar owner had told him that if he didn't want it anymore I would be interested in buying it. It was a pretty rough game but still semi flipping when I got there. Well the guy shows up while I'm there. He didn't seem to be in a great mood so I didn't ask if he wanted to sell it. It seemed like he just wanted to get it and go so I left it alone. Things started off pretty normal, he removed the backglass, playfield glass and coin box and set them aside. Then things start escalating. He walks back, roughly throws a tool set on the playfield takes the head bolts out and pretty much just lets the head flop over. Then things get really crazy! The back leg bolts weren't coming out so he ends up flipping the whole machine on its side in the middle of the bar and ripped the back legs off. The whole time he was complaining that he didn't have time for this, he never wants to see the game again and its going in the burn pit. He wrapped a ratchet strap around it and wheeled it out the door. Then he comes back in grabs the coin box and proceeds to dump a couple hundred dollars in quarters on the bar before leaving. So obviously there was something more going on here BUT if it was about lost route money why dump money on the bar before leaving and if you didn't have time or interest in the machine anymore why not just tell the bar owner to get $200 from me and I can take it home with me? Someone like me who scrapes every extra dollar for machines would of loved to have this machine. Ruined my whole day and I still can't believe I witnessed it. Maybe I'm too attached to these toys.....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I definitely would have offered to buy it from the guy.
Never want to see it again? I can make that happen AND you can make some money!

#4 3 years ago

His bad mood wouldn’t have stopped me from asking to sell. If anything, you would of been doing him a favor by removing it so he didn’t have to. Too bad

#5 3 years ago

Not what I expected clicking on this thread.

Ended up being more traumatized than I thought I would be by it.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

His bad mood wouldn’t have stopped me from asking to sell.

He knew who I was and that I wanted it he was just proving his point whatever it was.

#7 3 years ago

Murder?

It is just a fucking pinball machine.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Don't hate the click bait Pinball muuurder!

#9 3 years ago

Yawn.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Murder?

Yeah, far worse things happening in life than neglected pinball machines.

#11 3 years ago

The playfield pic shows the game did it's part. It wasn't a graceful funeral, but it was due. They made 8,099 more just like that one. Plenty more out there in better shape than that one. Nothing to lose any sleep over.

Thankfully, a much larger percentage of operators today are also hobbyist. Maintenance on location games has never been better.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Murder?

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Yeah, far worse things happening in life than neglected pinball machines.

Quoted from phishrace:

Nothing to lose any sleep over.

Why all the negativity today? I thought the story was fitting to the title. I am on pinside, right? The forum for people who are into pinball?

The guy shared a story of a pinball being ripped apart and sent to a burn pile - Sure, in any other forum on the planet - rip on the guy. But this is a Pinball Hobby forum. I'd say it was murder. Maybe the machine will be salvaged and we can just chalk this up to Abuse, or maybe some of the parts get reused and it atleast can be an organ donor and do the world some good.

Seriously guys, chill out... it's only pinball.

#13 3 years ago

I’m thinking he’s probably the kind of guy that trashed it in spite of you.
From an outside perspective, you sold the bar a machine that replaced his.
He was probably content just leaving it there and it earned whatever it earned without him having to maintain it or do anything.
You sell the bar a machine and he’s told to come get his. Right or wrong, you killed his deal.

#14 3 years ago

Now he'll sell it REALLY cheap. Working MPU alone is worth over $300.

#15 3 years ago

Holy Sh$t, that had to be awkward as hell.

#16 3 years ago

Shoulda bought him a beer, and then helped him burn comet out in the parking lot.

RIP comet, RIP boards. Sad face.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from skristof:

Exactly my point.

#18 3 years ago

that machine had earned its place in pinball Valhalla

#19 3 years ago

Should have told him u got a fire already burning and you will take care of the rest of the dirty work.

Next time, DO YOUR PART.

Find that operator, tell him you will gladly REMOVE ALL THE REST OF THE MACHINES from his route locations, DISPOSE OF THEM and pay him CASH TO DO IT.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from skristof:

Why all the negativity today? I thought the story was fitting to the title. I am on pinside, right? The forum for people who are into pinball?
The guy shared a story of a pinball being ripped apart and sent to a burn pile - Sure, in any other forum on the planet - rip on the guy. But this is a Pinball Hobby forum. I'd say it was murder. Maybe the machine will be salvaged and we can just chalk this up to Abuse, or maybe some of the parts get reused and it atleast can be an organ donor and do the world some good.

Wait. Are you one of those guys who complained when Todd and his gang of TNT hooligans pushed a pin off a roof? Those guys are friggin savages.

The game more than served it's time. Probably had over 100k plays. Sometimes it's ok to put a game out of it's misery. Especially when it's a worn out game that had a production run of 8100. Seeing worn out games like this is a good thing. It wasn't a graceful retirement, but it was due.

#21 3 years ago

God I hate clickbait.

Just make a regular title so people can decide if they want to read your post or not. Are you that needy that you have to trick as many people as possible into reading your post by claiming to have witnessed a murder?

#22 3 years ago

OP, have you reported the murder to law enforcement or to a Judge?

Since murder is a Felony, you dont want to be charged with a Felony yourself. Google the definition of: "Misprision of a felony".....

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

God I hate clickbait.
Just make a regular title so people can decide if they want to read your post or not. Are you that needy that you have to trick as many people as possible into reading your post by claiming to have witnessed a murder?

Considering this is Pinside I knew it was going to be about a pin getting destroyed before I clicked on it. If it was about an actual murder I think that would have been a bit too serious for this site.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-witnessed-a-murder-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.