5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KossMan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20181104-193843 (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

I would have bought this one for the art work alone, I like it.

https://www.pinballnews.com/news/zizzle4.html

#2 5 years ago

I mean, I would slightly want it more than the other Zizzles...but I still wouldn't way to pay more than $50 for one. It's lame that even the third game was going to be more or less the exact same thing. Even the Bally Home models would make very minor changes to make them at least look totally different (like an extra flipper on Evil)

#3 5 years ago

It was a nice attempt at something but cost way too much. I think these were retailing for close to $500 at release.

I believe in the end these were in the bargain bin at Best Buy for $50.

Not even that patented JPop magic could save this project, but I’m sure he got paid while others lost a ton of money as usual.

#4 5 years ago

Asteroids , nice artwork.

"Assterds" According to Todd Tuckey.

#5 5 years ago

Being an owner of all 4 zizzles that were commercially released I will say that I was very disappointed when this title (and zizzle) was scrapped. It would have been nice however to see some alteration to the playfield (aside from art) to give it some uniqueness compared to marvel heroes and potc.

This price point on these machines was a bit high when they were for sale ($400 range). I'd say that if the machine was just a little more sturdy they would have been worth the money. The stock flipper buttons were AWFUL. The plunger was prone to breaking if forced too hard. Coils would burn out if buttons were held on for too long. Occasionally a ball would jam in the pop bumpers and cause them to break or burn up. The 1st gen machines had 2 design flaws where a wild ball could get stuck behind the rails that define the playfield or get stuck behind the plastic targets, with the only remedy being to flip the whole machine upside down to unstick the ball. Gen 2 fixed this problem by covering the unused playfield area with plastic so the ball couldn't get stuck and a redesign of the plastic targets which prevented the ball getting stuck.

I saw several (and bought two) dead zizzles that had fried PCB/MPU boards. I have a theory that if a kiddie held both flipper buttons down constantly for too long it would blow a voltage regulator on the board and fry it. These had no type of end-of-stroke switch to drop the 24v running to the flipper coils.

Had all of these things been corrected (especially the buttons) and maybe a few GI lights placed in the machine then in my opinion $400 would have been well worth it.

On a side note I modified a few of my machines with an Arduino board and added real arcade buttons and scrapped the stock buttons. This made a HUGE difference. The Arduino handles all of the coils with a separate power supply to protect the MPU/CPU. I coded in virtual end-of-stroke so after a half second the controller drops the voltage by 80% to the coils to prevent burnout. Also coded the pop/slings to 'pulse' power to them instead of staying on constantly when the switch (skirt) is activated. Also added a 3-second safety shutoff so if any coil is on for more than three seconds the code shuts off power to that coil. Added a bumper post between the flippers since the gap is way too wide. With these mod the games are actually really fun to play. Too bad these feature couldn't have been provided out of the box. If they were then Zizzle might still be around.

#6 5 years ago

I have two dead ones, want to modify them for me?

#7 5 years ago

Christmas must be just around the corner...

Screenshot_20181104-193843 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181104-193843 (resized).png
    1 year later
    #8 4 years ago

MoSeS_1592 Awesome fix for this. Did you ever release your Arduino code for this upgrade? I've seen a GitHub release for the Australian version Star Galaxy pinball machine using 3 Arduino boards.

Zizzle clone - https://www.mightymast.com/product_details.php?p_id=293

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from KossMan:

MoSeS_1592 Awesome fix for this. Did you ever release your Arduino code for this upgrade? I've seen a GitHub release for the Australian version Star Galaxy pinball machine using 3 Arduino boards.
    Zizzle clone - https://www.mightymast.com/product_details.php?p_id=293

I never posted it publicly for download but I'd be more than happy to send you the .ino file sketch if you'd like.

2 weeks later
    #10 4 years ago

MoSeS_1592, Yes I would enjoy seeing the code you developed. Very much appreciated.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-wish-this-zizzle-had-come-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.