(Topic ID: 149635)

I wish they would have made________ a pin!

By Ckykedworld

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 427 posts
  • 256 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cody_chunn
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B64E2237-5907-4035-B8D9-95C5F3388C24 (resized).jpeg
    BSG (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    slight nonsense (resized).png
    cop rock (resized).JPG
    staytuned (resized).jpg
    he-man_and_the_masters_of_177_1280 (resized).jpg
    i come in peace (resized).png
    buck (resized).png
    bacc07a74c6bb8789ca2b19947ad0b4f (resized).jpg
    304160pretty-little-liars_300x400 (resized).png
    IMG_1049 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0545 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20160929_104824.jpg
    jaws (resized).jpg
    There are 427 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 7 years ago

For the call outs alone, I wish somebody would make

MXC!

MXC_(resized).jpgMXC_(resized).jpg

#302 7 years ago

Seems HBO shows get all the pins. Would have loved to seen a Dexter pin made. Could have locked balls in his wooden collection box. Maybe have something similar to Tommy with bloody wrap covering the flipper view. Just nothing to do with lumberjacks.

Dexter_(resized).jpgDexter_(resized).jpg

#303 7 years ago

Futurama
    Gremlins
    Short Circuit
    "Weird Al" Yankovic

#304 7 years ago

I thought this would be great...Bike wizard mode, Alamo mode... And his laugh every side drain....almost designs itself...

#305 7 years ago

Forgot...Alamo basement mode....

#306 7 years ago

Adventure Time
    [image]https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/adventure_time-rpg.jpg[/image]

Also, I agree with Futurama, Archer, Rocky Horror, Hitch Hiker's Guide(the book, not the dumb movie), Time Bandits.

#307 7 years ago

The Neverending Story. You could have falcor flying around the playfeild. You could have swap of sadness multi ball and have falcor fly over the ball and save it from getting sucked under the playfeild aka swap of sadness kind of like how the tales of the arabian nights ball mech works.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088323/

#308 7 years ago

hardb00h_(resized).jpghardb00h_(resized).jpg

#309 7 years ago

Fast and furious, blues brothers

#310 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Max Headroom! I'd love to see a game where you assist him in taking down the modern (or retro-modern) capitalistic advertising monopoly, only to have it go gleefully too far and become a nightmare, and the only person who can stop him from utterly devastating the world is you

there was a crappy game on the c-64, but it had some interesting puzzles for it's time:

I LOVE that cyberpunk futurism stuff
    Johnny Mnemonic, Lawnmower man, Blade runner, Strange days, Escape from NY, robocop, Hackers

#311 7 years ago

Read them all and a lot of great ones named. Would love to see: TV series LOST, Dexter TV show, Breaking Bad, Mad Max series, Sherlock Holmes, Mission Impossible series, updated James Bond, Die Hard series, Blade Runner, Harry Potter, Battlestar Gallactica, Mobster pinball- Capone, Dillinger, Luciano, Bonnie and Clyde etc., updated BTTF

#312 7 years ago

Ali's how about Twin Peaks?

#313 7 years ago

Ali's how about great boxers of all time

#314 7 years ago
    Quoted from Scooter108:

Ali's how about great boxers of all time

A tribute pin to ALI would be great

#315 7 years ago
    Quoted from weapon76:

A tribute pin to ALI would be great

Done!

Ali_(resized).jpgAli_(resized).jpg

#316 7 years ago

Yeh ive seen it on stern page, i was thinking of a modern version with clips of his memorable fights on a lcd display during game play if stern does release 1... just a idea, i know it's out of context of this thread

1 week later
    #317 7 years ago

NHL, Motorhead, & Castlevania.

#318 7 years ago

Rush, the band - 1

A very good Star Wars - 2

NHL - 3

#319 7 years ago

Welcome to Chipped, everyone's favorite cooking game show! Each cooking round is a timed ball, and the better you do, the more rounds you get. At the start of a round, you're given three ingredients, which start out normal and progress to comically bizarre (round 15: all spiders), and you have to hit certain shots to make your dish correctly. As you progress, you watch your dish be cooked and assembled in the in-playfield screen via Cooking Mama-esque animations, but watch out! If you hit the wrong shots, you'll goof up. At the end of the round, your dish is presented to the judges (parodies of people like Alex Guernaschelli), and you have to stay above a certain cumulative judging score to stay in the game. For an easter egg, hit only the shots you're not supposed to and create a lethal dish! Kill all three judges to start dead judge frenzy, which scores negative points and puts you on a separate high score roster.

edit: and how about Willy Wonka? Since the musical is transferring to Broadway, that would open up a lot of options for music and freshly-recorded dialogue. It could be a progressive game - first you have to qualify and collect all five golden tickets. Each golden tickets starts a bonus scoring, e.g. every time you hit a bumper, Augustus eats another chocolate bar and his weight increases (accompanied by an appropriate DMD animation), or every time you flip the spinner Violet gets another brand deal, or every time you circle the mixing funnel Veruca's dad buys her another (increasingly ludicrous) thing, or every time you hit the side standups with the upper flipper Charlie collects another piece of garbage, etc. While doing this, you count down the clock to open the factory, build towards Wonkamania frenzy (which awards more points the closer you are to opening the factory, and becomes a post-drain bonus if you don't collect it before doing so), and collect random awards from the wheel, which is themed as a professor's high-tech gold-finding machine (if unlucky, it strikes out and grabs a gold filling from a passerby, awarding you nothing).

Once the factory gates are open, you enter and play through a chocolate room multiball before moving on to dispatching the kids. Examples: Augustus goes first, naturally, and in this hurry-up mode you build the pressure on the tube to send him up the pipe. Violet's mode is a looping shot, in which you must roll her to the juicing room before she explodes, and functions as an inverse hurry-up - the longer you take to get her there, the higher the payout, unless she explodes, in which case you only get a little bit (for what can be "scooped up"). Mike is a video mode (duh).

Also in the factory are glass elevator modes, which take you to non-kid rooms and award you bonuses and mini-modes and whatnot. This and the gold-finding random awards wheel both give you a mini wizard mode upon completion. You can ride the boat (a lightshow hurryup), light the lickable wallpaper standups (snozzberries!), and so on. When you've done away with all the kids, you enter the final wizard mode, which is where all the bonuses built up before entering the factory come into play, as well as everything else accomplished. Like LITZ, this is a timed all-ball multiball frenzy, the aim of which is to build the speed of the glass elevator, and as the balls drain you watch the animation to see how far the elevator goes ("Gee, Mr Wonka, we've gone straight to the moon!" "Never underestimate the power of chocolate, Charlie"). A high score nets you a free everlasting gobstopper (gumball), if the operator has it enabled.

#320 7 years ago

"SAW" would have been a perfect fit for pinball because of all the physical traps / ideas that could have been used. The return of the TOTAN spikes would be right at home here. Combine lots of hurry-ups, Tobin Bell custom speech etc. and could have been really cool. "You want to play a game?" You could be in the game and have Tobin's call outs guide you thru the traps. And that theme song never gets old. Missed opportunity with this one.

Saw-5_1920x1080_(resized).jpgSaw-5_1920x1080_(resized).jpg

#321 7 years ago

JJP for Battlestar Galactica

#322 7 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

"SAW" would have been a perfect fit for pinball because of all the physical traps / ideas that could have been used. The return of the TOTAN spikes would be right at home here. Combine lots of hurry-ups, Tobin Bell custom speech etc. and could have been really cool. "You want to play a game?" You could be in the game and have Tobin's call outs guide you thru the traps. And that theme song never gets old. Missed opportunity with this one.

I really hate those movies so it kinda hurts for me to admit that you're completely right, it would actually make a pretty good pinball game if done correctly.

I'm still voting for Friday the 13th though

1 month later
    #323 7 years ago

Childhood classic duo

S_16980-MLB20129797125_072014-O_(resized).jpgS_16980-MLB20129797125_072014-O_(resized).jpg

#324 7 years ago

Scooby Doo and Queen

#327 7 years ago
    Quoted from Weust:

Rick and Morty
    The creators answered me already they are interested.

Don't know how I missed this cartoon but catching up now on the first season and it's absolutely genius and hilarious. This show blows simpsons and futurama out of the water, and if anyone built this pin I would HAVE to have it.

#328 7 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

For the call outs alone, I wish somebody would make
    MXC!

Hey not so loud. I was planning on a homebrew game based on this. By the way, you're my new best friend.

#329 7 years ago

Legend (fantasy movie from 1985)
    The dark lord unicorns elfs trolls
    Think about it Could be great!

or a bob marley pin

#330 7 years ago

music pin: The Carpenters (Or do all music pins have to be screamers?)
    cartoon pin: Garfield (Most people love the big orange cartoon cat.)
    next JJP title: Victoria's Secret Models (To make use of that big screen.)

#331 7 years ago

Alternately, Tom of Finland.

#332 7 years ago

Pinball Gremlins. Don't quit your day job to make it.

#333 7 years ago

Playfield without Ghosting
    I kid I kid

#334 7 years ago

sorry if its been mentioned before, it seems like the most obvious considering there are flying silver balls

phantasm-angus-scrimm-300x337_(resized).jpgphantasm-angus-scrimm-300x337_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #335 7 years ago

A Vid1900 pin perfect!

#336 7 years ago

They REALLY need a Black Lives Matter pin.

#337 7 years ago

Xmas with classic B/W script.You know Bad Santa style
    Everybody loves Xmas 8-80 appeal, tons of music available,modes for days.
    Bring back midnight madness for Night before Xmas mode.......shit let me stop
    I can't believe no one has made one yet.

#338 7 years ago

The A-team, the series off course.

#339 7 years ago

Labyrinth
    Fifth Element
    Perfect Strangers (So many Balki callouts!)
    Cowboy Bebop
    Steve Zissou

#340 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Pinball Gremlins. Don't quit your day job to make it.

Ha!

How about Scooby-Doo?

#341 7 years ago

Rocketeer was one I forgot. That could be awesome.

#342 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrianZ:

Ha!
    How about Scooby-Doo?

I'll pass on that.

4 weeks later
    #343 7 years ago

Twin Peaks
    Ramones

#344 7 years ago

MegaDeth

#345 7 years ago

MadHouse a spiritual successor to FunHouse. An urban legend states that Rudy comes alive on his own once any hand is placed inside of him. The doll is sent off to a psychiatric institution since it seems to have a mind of its own and unstable at that. Explore the mental institution in hopes of finding the haunted ventriloquist doll. There will be a DMD this time. If you build it, it will sell.

#346 7 years ago

Since there seem to be more than enough players that can relate.

ffbrothers (resized).jpgffbrothers (resized).jpg

#347 7 years ago

Cough: Cheech and Chong: Cough

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#348 7 years ago

Harry Potter, designed by Pat Lawlor built by Jersey Jack.

#349 7 years ago

I'm sure BeetleJuice has been said.

There are 427 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-wish-they-would-have-made_-a-pin/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.