Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you like to see a arcade top 100 on Pinside?”

• No, keep it all pinball 75 votes
      68%
    • Yes, I would like a arcade top 100 here also 30 votes
      27%
    • What is a arcade game? 5 votes
      5%

(110 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Pinball is back big time! And arcade games are coming back also. Anyone else wish Pinside would start another top 100 with comments for arcade machines?

#2 4 years ago

This is PINside

#3 4 years ago

Nope there’s enough non-pinball related crap already on Pinside to filter out. For the record I also have arcade games.

#4 4 years ago

go to vidside.com

#6 4 years ago

No. I don't need every newb starting a whiny bitch thread aboot another top 100 board.

#7 4 years ago

Why?

#8 4 years ago

If we are begging for features I would vote a solid state only bang for your buck list. The current bang for your buck list is all EMs. Yes, I've seen threads on this but the best machine for x amount comes up often.

1 week later
    #9 4 years ago

Certainly not arcade machines. I've often wondered why not include virtual-pin manufactures like PinballUSA and VPCabs.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Certainly not arcade machines. I've often wondered why not include virtual-pin manufactures like PinballUSA and VPCabs.

Virtual pins are silly, they're basically video games. You can simulate pins all day long.
    Pinball is about going analog! Virtual pins are like the baby steps. They’re also helpful for decision making on your next purchase, but virtual pinball will NEVER compare to old-school, physical pinball

#11 4 years ago

I would like pinside to have a collection space for arcades. It would be nice to be able to keep track

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Here you go. <control-d></control-d>

I have seen that before. I just wish Pinside would do it because I like their way of doing the top 100 better.

#14 4 years ago

Pinball is real, video games are virtual. That’s the reason I prefer pinball!

#15 4 years ago

Arcade games aren't even being made anymore and even the "classics" are so lame 30+ years later.

#16 4 years ago

Klov

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Virtual pins are silly, they're basically video games. You can simulate pins all day long.
    Pinball is about going analog! Virtual pins are like the baby steps. They’re also helpful for decision making on your next purchase, but virtual pinball will NEVER compare to old-school, physical pinball

10-4.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Arcade games aren't even being made anymore and even the "classics" are so lame 30+ years later.

Huh? Lots of new arcades. Many amazing ones also.

#19 4 years ago

When you click on Top 100, it already has several sub categories you can click on. That is all I was trying to get going, another Top 100 sub category for arcade games that could be rated and comments and details left for.

I 100% agree that pinball machines are the ultimate fun, but for some variety it is nice to play Centipede, Pole Position, or a round of Golden Tee also.

Other sites do have arcade stuff, I just like the Pinside way, with the ratings and comments and other entertaining info.

#20 4 years ago

You just need to join KLOV.

#21 4 years ago

I am in, good idea.
    Most of us have a few vids or gameroom toys anyway.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

You just need to join KLOV.

I have looked at that site. Their top 100 confuses me. It is done by year and abc order from what I have seen.

I like the way Pinside does member ratings, with the comments and all that.

Am I missing something, is KLOV also doing a top 100 with member ratings and comments also?

I am not even trying to change anything at all about Pinside, Pinside is perfect. I was just trying to get some support for maybe them to add a Arcade sub category in the Top 100 sub categories.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Huh? Lots of new arcades. Many amazing ones also.

Meh, all redemption and driving and shooting games. Those aren’t getting ranked anywhere in any top 100 of arcade games. Gonna be all the typical Centipede and Asteroids crap.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-wish-pinside-would-start-a-top-100-for-arcades-also?hl=ruralcollector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.