(Topic ID: 8908)

I wish I could keep them all

By DougPiranha

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Its kinda sad when a machine sells and you should be happy but while playing the last few games you realize you hate to part with it...I was able to hit 2 big bangs on PZ before it likely goes.

#2 12 years ago

I know the feeling..... I'd prefer to never sell anything.

#3 12 years ago

I may be in the same boat next year. I have never sold a pin before and love all the pins I currently have. However, I am a huge AC/DC fan and if Steve Ritchie's next pin is AC/DC and it comes out next year I don't think I could resist getting one; but I would have no room for it without selling one of my pins. That's gonna be one tough decision if/when the time comes...

#4 12 years ago

AC-DC is a cert so get ready to make the decision and good luck

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

Its kinda sad when a machine sells and you should be happy but while playing the last few games you realize you hate to part with it...I was able to hit 2 big bangs on PZ before it likely goes.

Feel the same. Just started collecting in 2008. Sold my Earthshaker, Taxi, Whirwind, and Hurricane. Miss them all. I've since vowed in part to never sell another pin. we're all hoarders in the making...

#6 12 years ago

I think a lot of us are in the same boat. After collecting for a while, we get a collection of pins we are happy with, and the thought of letting one go is upsetting. I only have room for 4, and I'm very happy with the ones I have now. However - I know there will be a good deal that will pop up on one of my wishlist pins - and....I'm not sure what I'll do...

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

we're all hoarders in the making...

How true that statement is. I am out of room and the wife has made it quite clear that she does not care for the cluttered look, she thinks 7 games maxed out the space and I've fit in two more. I do not want to part with any of the games , yet I can not buy without selling one now. AFM will never leave, but I donot really want to part with any of my games. Next will probably look at one of the better stern games but I just like the feel of the bally/williams

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from justonemore:

How true that statement is. I am out of room and the wife has made it quite clear that she does not care for the cluttered look, she thinks 7 games maxed out the space and I've fit in two more. I do not want to part with any of the games , yet I can not buy without selling one now. AFM will never leave, but I donot really want to part with any of my games. Next will probably look at one of the better stern games but I just like the feel of the bally/williams

Your screen name certainly says it all. But, if I had your collection I would probably be content. Just one more to say you have "ten pins", does have a nice ring to it.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from justonemore:

I do not want to part with any of the games

Other than the possible exception of CP, I wouldn't want to part with any of your games, either...

#10 12 years ago

I don't mind selling them at all. It frees up cash to get something else. I do kind of miss I500 though.

#11 12 years ago

I'm getting close to crunch time, despite opening up a second room in the basement, gameroom #2. Eventually, I will have to move

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm getting close to crunch time, despite opening up a second room in the basement, gameroom #2. Eventually, I will have to move

Hell yeah ... I'm planning to move in the next few years, and one of the priorities is to get a house with more room for pins!

#13 12 years ago

I doubt I will though. I like where we are, and I built a 12' bar, and did many alterations, and I don't have time to do pinball and all this again. Quite honestly, I'm getting close to having all the machines that I really want, so I can manage with the space.

I find it also gets hard to play them all frequently too, and in this, I start losing the feel for some of the main shots in some games. When I only had 4-6, I would get litz almost every game. Now, it's about 1-2 in ten games.

#14 12 years ago

I guess I'm more of a fixer than collector or player. I want to get down to 1 pin from current collection. Spousal unit hates machines taking up our newly finished basement. I'd like to have a rotating collection, shoot I'd like to have a lot of things! Pinball machines take up more space than stamps, though, and realize your floorspace has value if you are still paying on a house. You have to be bordering on obsessive to be a serious collector of anything, I guess. I'd like to settle down one day with a AFM or a LOTR.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

PZ is a beautiful game with great flow. I can understand why you'll miss it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-wish-i-could-keep-them-all and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.