By rogerdodger

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi Guys:

I am on my third Houdini!!

I bought my first one early on, sold it, regretted the sale and bought another one. You know how that is!

I then sold my second one, regretted the sale (again) and now have my third one and am still in love. What a great game!

Early on, many here didn't like the game, saying it was too hard and not a smooth shooter, bricked shots, etc.

Now mine is dialed in perfectly, I don't find it to be hard and it has, in fact, made me a better player.

I am convinced that with such a great title, if AP would re-release this game with some alterations to the playfield (to please those who criticized it originally), they would sell a ton more. I would imagine that this would be much more cost effective for AP to do, over designing a whole new game.

We all know the outstanding build quality of AP games and the legendary after-sales service so, for those of you who have played or owned Houdini, would you agree that a re-issue of Houdini, with changes, would sell well?

Roger

#2 1 year ago

Never in a billion years will they do this. Outside of yourself, there may be a total of five more people that would buy one, depending on these fixes. The shots being too tight can't just be wiped away. Plus they'd charge way more, now.

#3 1 year ago

I don't mind the tight shots since I have it at home on free-play. I have no complaints other than that it can be a long playing game in competition.

#4 1 year ago

I too sold my Houdini and then got it back a couple of years later. Its a fantastic game and I would have loved if it had a second ramp instead of the ball toss. Its a good gimmick, but its still a gimmick over the substance of hitting a ramp shot. I think 2 ramps would have double their sales. I wouldnt hold your breath or you'll suffer Houdini's fate.

#5 1 year ago

Not an exceedingly popular title. Certainly not such that AP would redesign and re-release it. Glad you enjoy it though.

#6 1 year ago

Brilliant game - actually far better than I had thought! I got a Houdini as part of a 2 for 1 trade along with Oktoberfest, which is also amazing.

I don't really get this criticism of the shots being too tight, they are all perfectly makeable and you can really get some nice flow going on it with a bit of dialing in. The toys and sculpts are fantastic, it has plenty to do in the code and it's nice and varied, the catapults (yes there's actually 2 of them) are rock solid and consistent - and its basically just a tonne of fun to play.

I reckon it's super underrated - and for the price these go for it's an absolute steal. I have one gripe about it and that's the sound quality. It has such great music and effects, why on earth didn't AP put a subwoofer in the cabinet? Once you add a sub (external in my case) it's perfect.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Brilliant game - actually far better than I had thought! I got a Houdini as part of a 2 for 1 trade along with Oktoberfest, which is also amazing.
I don't really get this criticism of the shots being too tight, they are all perfectly makeable and you can really get some nice flow going on it with a bit of dialing in. The toys and sculpts are fantastic, it has plenty to do in the code and it's nice and varied, the catapults (yes there's actually 2 of them) are rock solid and consistent - and its basically just a tonne of fun to play.
I reckon it's super underrated - and for the price these go for it's an absolute steal. I have one gripe about it and that's the sound quality. It has such great music and effects, why on earth didn't AP put a subwoofer in the cabinet? Once you add a sub (external in my case) it's perfect.

Couldn't agree more. Houdini is amazing. I love mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-wish-ap-would-make-a-revamped-version-of-houdini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.