Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

86964B6D-7071-49E6-840C-D5E6AAFF7E4A (resized).jpeg
applause2.gif
Dolly_Parton_pinball.jpg
WOF.jpg
genesis_pinball_2.jpg
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

They're are some machines I am not interested in because of theme or art. No clowns, no sports, no cars, no poker, no pool (is that a sport?) and no Gorgar. I may be doing myself a diservice but some of these machines I don't want in my house because they're creepy or lame. I had a hurricane for a short period and I could feel it staring at me. Everytime I see a Shaq for sale I check the pictures out because it cracks me up. Poker themes dont interest me unless it was a Jackbot. Same with pool or maybe its just Eightball Deluxe. I feel like if I brought a Gorgar into my house it would burst into flames.

Does anyone else stay away from certain machines for no apparent reason? Let us compile a comprehensive list of machines that irk us.

#2 10 years ago

Genesis terrifies me.

genesis_pinball_2.jpggenesis_pinball_2.jpg
#3 10 years ago

World Cup Soccer

#1 It's soccer
#2 It's too F'n teal
#3 I hate the dog

#4 10 years ago

bay watch. its a real fun game. its just that I cant stand david hasslehoff. he is a major butthead.
and pam Anderson, she is a bunny hugging skank. honestly, she has smoked more meat than hickory farms.

#5 10 years ago

Funhouse isn't allowed in my home (unless my girlfriend moves out.) Too damn creepy for her. Ironically, RoadShow is allowed.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

World Cup Soccer
#1 It's soccer
#2 It's too F'n teal
#3 I hate the dog

Okay, so it is soccer... it's got that going against it...

BUT IT'S SO GLORIOUSLY TEAL! Plus, the dog's better than the Striker Xtreme backglass.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Funhouse isn't allowed in my home (unless my girlfriend moves out.) Too damn creepy for her. Ironically, RoadShow is allowed.

Red is more creepy than Rudy, IMO....

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Red is more creepy than Rudy, IMO....

Any particular reason why?

#9 10 years ago

- muppets
- queen
- Big Bang theory

#10 10 years ago

I'd buy anything if the price was good enough. So many good games have bad themes or music, I don't want to let that stop me. That said, I'm cheap, so I can safely say, I will never buy a new in pinball machine.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Baywatch. Its a real fun game, it's just that I can't stand David Hasslehoff.

Just buy one of the alternate Baywatch translights (with hot girl lifeguards on it) and lose the Hoff.

#12 10 years ago

Stern!

#13 10 years ago

Popeye

#14 10 years ago

I thought Star Trek. Then I played one......

#15 10 years ago

... game that "just needs a fuse".

#16 10 years ago

I am sure FH and CV are great games and I am missing out but way to creepy. I even missed out on a really good priced FH because I knew I would just be buying to flip.

#17 10 years ago

Class of 1812 and ripplys believe it or not , those two are just to creepy ........ohh and gameplay are horrible.

#18 10 years ago

Anything made by JJP nib, have no issue with their machines, but if the owner is a total tool sorry not giving you one penny. Worst experience so far in pinball dealing with Jack. Shame because LTG is fantastic and the Hobbit interests me. It's ok I don't like playing games with a flashlight to see the ball anyways.

#19 10 years ago

To me, Genesis has earned cult-classic status.

The backglass cracks me up, eventhough it is rather dismal from an artistic point of view.
I've played Genesis, and like it enough to add to the collection if I came upon a great deal on one.

To me, the worst part of Genesis is the awful purple ramps.
Seems like clear replacement ramps would be well received and sell well.

#20 10 years ago

Guns and Roses as I hate everything about the band.

#21 10 years ago

Wheel of Fortune. Looks like pretty fun game, but the art is possibly the worst ever in my book.

Of course, for the right price I would pick up almost any pin. With one exception, see below WOF;

WOF.jpgWOF.jpg
Dolly_Parton_pinball.jpgDolly_Parton_pinball.jpg

Dolly Parton... never, no matter the price (rethemed, yes)

#22 10 years ago

I used to say sttng for the theme, but mainly the translate. Thank you repro, and now I own.

BK for me - I've never got the appeal of that machine, and has nothing to do with the age, love my firepower.

#23 10 years ago

Genesis is a great game.

#24 10 years ago

I will never buy a pin that cost more than $6000. That's the only thing banned in my collection.

#25 10 years ago

nother game

#26 10 years ago

nything from Sears again, the appliances are junk and so is the service.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I will never buy a pin that cost more than $6000. That's the only thing banned in my collection.

hah, it's like that saying I would never join a club that would have me for a member eh Neo?

#28 10 years ago

raven, ugly ass pin!
dolly parton is a ugly too!!! i used to have one gone after a week.

#29 10 years ago

EM pin. I'm just not a fan..

#32 10 years ago

I don't like translites with photography...I prefer artwork of some kind...I do have a Jurassic Park which is sort of a hybrid...

#33 10 years ago

...NFL pinball machine by Stern 2001 with any of the following teams on the backglass:
Cowboys, Eagles, Falcons, Jets

For a great deal this pin would be ok with any of the other teams on the backglass.

#34 10 years ago

WAY too many to name.

But way up on the top 100 list?

I'm not a big fan of TZ or TSPP, or SS.

#35 10 years ago

...any of the following:

Sea Hunt by ALI - 1972
Pirate Gold by CCM - 1969
Orbitor 1 by Stern - 1982
Shrek & FGY by Stern - 2008 (game play is ok, but theme & call-outs not for me)
The Rolling Stones by Stern - 2011 (I'll play it on location for a few games, but that's about it).

...any of these by Bally:
68 Rock Makers
75 Wizard (Sorry, just don't care for it)
78 Dolly Parton (would be ok to have concerning gameplay if it was rethemed)
79 Rolling Stones (ditto retheme)
81 Medusa
85 Eight Ball Champ
87 D & D and Hardbody (outlane design and Magic/Flex Save doesn't interest me).

...any of these by Williams:
68 Student Prince, 73 Darling/Jubilee, 74 Skylab, 75 Big Ben, 79 Gorgar, 90 Funhouse, and
94 R & T's Road Show

...any of these by Gottlieb:
69 Airport, 69 Road Race, 72 Jungle / Wild Life, 74 Duotron/Magnotron, 80 Roller Disco, 82 Devil's Dare,
82 Rocky, 94 Freddy: ANOES

#36 10 years ago

No such thing as "never", at the right price I'll buy anything. I will never seek or pay market price for any "Pro", "home" or "the pin" cheapo model though.

#38 10 years ago

Any pins with banana flippers.

#39 10 years ago

I'd never buy any of the music-themed pins. All the ones released to date are bands for which I have no interest or actively dislike.

#40 10 years ago

nonworking EMs

#41 10 years ago

...a lockdown bar from centerflank.
I've heard too many rumors

#42 10 years ago

Send them my way!!

#43 10 years ago

RBION - just plain creepy
AC/DC pro - The face on the playfield is awful. Yep, it stopped me from buying one.

#44 10 years ago

ss Gottlieb?

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

hah, it's like that saying I would never join a club that would have me for a member eh Neo?

I don't think it's the same , because I have the option to join the overpriced club. I just choose to get more for my money and don't piss it away so easily.

#46 10 years ago

Found myself focusing only on the thumbs to decide which posts to read.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't think it's the same , because I have the option to join the overpriced club. I just choose to get more for my money and don't piss it away so easily.

There's nothing to be ashamed about. If I could afford the big dollar pins I would get them.

#48 10 years ago

Flipperless

#49 10 years ago

Something to ride home with in Singapore without first checking under the hood (if you know what I mean <cough, cough> and yes that's another hint).

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Genesis terrifies me.

genesis_pinball_2.jpg 35 KB

I have never even seen this T.V show but that back glass has evil powers I had a nightmare about it last night.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 179.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, MA
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-will-never-buy-a?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.