(Topic ID: 17618)

I will buy your AFM or MM so you can buy X men.

By Av8

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TaylorVA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

do you need to liquidate that's 15 year old pin? Im buying.

#2 11 years ago

Not to judge or anything, but I'd rather have a 15-year old pin than one that's still on the drawing board.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Not to judge or anything, but I'd rather have a 15-year old pin than one that's still on the drawing board.

not me good bye 1996 TOTAN hello 2012 LE X-MEN

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

not me good bye 1996 TOTAN hello 2012 LE X-MEN

Careful Donny, they could change their mind and think like you .

Jim

#5 11 years ago

I have a beautiful AFM I would let go for 12k. Lmk.

#6 11 years ago

Ah no afm is worth 12k. you could buy every piece and make one for 8-9k.

how much are x men le s going for?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#8 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If a TRON LE is worth 9k+ than my AFM is certainly worth 12k.

I agree.
AFM is like MM "light" IMO. If a collector MM starts at $12k+, then a collector AFM really deserves to be at least a $9 or $10K pin now.
Tron LE on the other hand... More like a $7k pin at best.

#9 11 years ago

+1 with Drano.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If a TRON LE is worth 9k+ than my AFM is certainly worth 12k.

Complete non-sequitur!

#11 11 years ago

Back on subject. You know you want NEW Xmen. I am a good buyer that has cash but not going to pay ebay prices. Im looking for a fair transaction for both parties.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

TaylorVA said:If a TRON LE is worth 9k+ than my AFM is certainly worth 12k.
Complete non-sequitur!

You forgot the .

There's a routes MM FS for 12k. Certainly a CQ AFM is worth the same.

Have they given LE pricing for xmen?

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

TaylorVA said:If a TRON LE is worth 9k+ than my AFM is certainly worth 12k.

I agree.
AFM is like MM "light" IMO. If a collector MM starts at $12k+, then a collector AFM really deserves to be at least a $9 or $10K pin now.
TRON LE on the other hand... More like a $7k pin at best.

What it deserves to be is irrelevant. It's not a $7k pin at best. It's selling for $9000-9500 etc. That's what it's worth. Supply & demand determine prices. Not what a pin deserves. And because supply & demand are high for Tron LE does not raise the price of AFM.

#14 11 years ago

Someone has to say this- what if X-men turns out like Transformers? Looks great, lots of hype, but just didn't click with most people.

I'll keep my 15 year old Bally Williams machines that are proven and hard to replace. These NIB Sterns are a dime a dozen nowadays. Plenty to go around. Not so much for nice MM's, AFM's, MB's, etc., etc.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

What it deserves to be is irrelevant. It's not a $7k pin at best. It's selling for $9000-9500 etc. That's what it's worth. Supply & demand determine prices. Not what a pin deserves. And because supply & demand are high for TRON LE does not raise the price of AFM.

Stop using logic, dang it!!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Donnyman said:not me good bye 1996 TOTAN hello 2012 LE X-MEN
Careful Donny, they could change their mind and think like you .
Jim

Jim You havnt called.. You havnt Written.. I'm Hurt =)

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

What it deserves to be is irrelevant. It's not a $7k pin at best. It's selling for $9000-9500 etc. That's what it's worth. Supply & demand determine prices. Not what a pin deserves. And because supply & demand are high for TRON LE does not raise the price of AFM.

I won't have to look hard to show examples of AFM selling in the $9-$10K range either, and many would argue that it also does not deserve to be worth that much.
Worth and value are very subjective concepts. Pointless to argue really.

I love my Tron pro, but if the LE was so great, why are so many owners looking to sell it so soon after getting it? We all know it's artificially inflated. My MM or AFM never had to have their values propped up by some silly decision to make just 400 of them. The entire idea of an LE is to inflate values in order to sell more of the base product.

#18 11 years ago

Only 500 Le Xmen. Has Trolls like MM, Disk like NGG but with magnet and flow like Tron.

NEVER MIND my original post. I just bought Xmen Villain Red. You cant take it with you.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Someone has to say this- what if X-men turns out like Transformers?

Look, I like Transformers...but only after I lucked into one recently.

During the TF "hype" stage, I just wasn't impressed, though. There was just nothing about it that stood out and made me think "woah...that looks SO cool!!" No magnets, no nifty tricks, no cool toys. Just one pop-up ramp, and stuff I didn't care at all about (QR codes, for example).

A lot of people were hyped simply because of the Transformers THEME, and were reading things into the pin that just weren't there.

X-Men, on the other hand...has a LOT of stuff that has me drooling.

I'm a sucker for magnets, and this game will have that sweet, sweet spinning magnet. Go look at the Twister multi-ball start and tell me that thing isn't badass!

Hand drawn art? Custom toys? Loaded custom soundtrack? Tons of interactive toys? Magnets everywhere? Pop-up targets like the trolls like in MM? Borg (who's been on FIRE lately) has had a year to work on this instead of 60-90 days? Man, this thing just has a lot going for it...

Yup...I'm drinking the kool-aid. =)

Pete

#20 11 years ago

THATS is freakin cool. Thanks for posting vid

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

THATS is freakin cool. Thanks for posting vid

Well, I posted it in the X-Men thread, but at 1000+ posts, it can be tough to find. =)

Pete

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

markmon said:
I love my Tron pro, but if the LE was so great, why are so many owners looking to sell it so soon after getting it? We all know it's artificially inflated. .

Please, show me the flood of Tron LE's up for sale. I don't know where you live, but Tron LE's are hard to find from my experiences (especially at reasonable market price). I've been trying to find one for months.

Perhaps you're confusing Tron LE with Transformers LE? Used TFLE's are plentiful and available at blowout prices.

#23 11 years ago

No flood of Tron LE, but a good steady trickle. I see at least one or two a week for sale and this has been going on for at least a month or two.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

No flood of TRON LE, but a good steady trickle. I see at least one or two a week for sale and this has been going on for at least a month or two.

I see what you're saying, but when they come up for sale for $9K used, I don't consider that a realistic seller or for sale ad.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

No flood of TRON LE, but a good steady trickle. I see at least one or two a week for sale and this has been going on for at least a month or two.

Well, what happened was that you had a lot of folks that bought their Tron LE's at $5500-$6000.

Then, when the price exploded ($8k, then $8.5k, then $9k+)...all those people had to seriously think about selling their game for a whopping $3k profit. For some collectors, that kind of turnaround is hard to pass up.

Personally, I wouldn't even sell mine for $15k. (Well....I would if I could buy another one at $9k).

Pete

#26 11 years ago

I know why it happens. But if the LE was really THAT much better than the pro, I'd be holding onto it no matter what.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I know why it happens. But if the LE was really THAT much better than the pro, I'd be holding onto it no matter what.

I had a totally tricked out pro. I was the first one to post a thread on putting EL wire on the ramps. And I just sold that and bought an LE. So there you have it.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Only 500 Le Xmen.
I just bought Xmen Villain Red. You cant take it with you.

You can add X-Men to your Pinside collection (thanks Robin)... I just pre-ordered a Wolverine version from JJ 3 hrs ago. Night Crawler and the Trolls will be side by side at my house Oh and shipping to the terminal with full insurance to Anchorage from GEX via Chicago is only $350!!! Usually the rate quotes I get are in the $750-1K+ range. Hmm looks like that savings means another sheet of PDI glass or JJP will be on order in the near future.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Someone has to say this- what if X-men turns out like Transformers? Looks great, lots of hype, but just didn't click with most people.
I'll keep my 15 year old Bally Williams machines that are proven and hard to replace. These NIB Sterns are a dime a dozen nowadays. Plenty to go around. Not so much for nice MM's, AFM's, MB's, etc., etc.

If it turns out to be a dud and you don't enjoy it....you take a $1000 hit and sell it off to someone that does want to give it a chance. If it turns out to be a good game, but it's not for you...you sell it off and break even. If it turns out to be a great game, but you don't enjoy it...you sell it and make $1000 profit. If you love it...you keep it. It's pretty simple really.

Bottom line is that if you are really interested in an X-Men LE, now is the safest time to get it. You might find one later down the road for cheaper if the game isn't well received, but if it is a well liked game....the price is only going up.

Keep in mind there won't be thousands of these games made like MM and AFM. We are talking 500-600 games that have all the toys and gameplay. I'm not saying they will ever be pulling down MM prices or even should, I'm just saying there will not be as many out there (in existance) to buy or try.

#30 11 years ago

Damn... $350 from Denver to Chicago is good?!? I just got a quote from Denver to Buffalo with 5k insurance with liftgate on both sides for under $215 from 2 different companies

Quoted from LITZ:

Av8 said:Only 500 Le Xmen.
I just bought Xmen Villain Red. You cant take it with you.
You can add X-Men to your Pinside collection (thanks Robin)... I just pre-ordered a Wolverine version from JJ 3 hrs ago. Night Crawler and the Trolls will be side by side at my house Oh and shipping to the terminal with full insurance to Anchorage from GEX via Chicago is only $350!!! Usually the rate quotes I get are in the $750-1K+ range. Hmm looks like that savings means another sheet of PDI glass or JJP will be on order in the near future.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Damn... $350 from Denver to Chicago is good?!? I just got a quote from Denver to Buffalo with 5k insurance with liftgate on both sides for under $215 from 2 different companies

The game was purchased from GEX, but the machine is shipping direct from CHI to ANC Alaska insured for $350.

#32 11 years ago

There is no technological differences between the "classic" Bally/Williams stuff and the new Stern stuff.15-20 years ....no change.As a matter of fact Stern,by their own admission, has taken stuff OUT of games.
No more habitrails
No more subways
No original themes
No G.I. in the backbox
No stereo sound
I'm sure there are other points.Don't even get me started on the software.The ONE THING Stern has over the B/W stuff is it's brand new.Pretty much that's it.Stern for a variety of reasons, will never be able to build something like TZ or MB,nevermind developing something like Pinball 2000.Sad but true,Scott

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Drano said:TaylorVA said:If a TRON LE is worth 9k+ than my AFM is certainly worth 12k.
I agree.
TRON LE on the other hand... More like a $7k pin at best.

It is relevant when the pricing trends carry across the board. AFM has been trending upwards just like Tron and MM so It is reasonable to judge one pins value by the rise of another.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 21.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-will-buy-your-afm-or-mm-so-you-can-buy-x-men and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.