Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mojozone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM00010.jpg
    CAM00026.jpg
    CAM00020.jpg
    CAM00021.jpg
    CAM00015.jpg
    DSC02110.JPG
    DSC02117.JPG
    DSC02125.JPG
    DSC02112.JPG
    DSC02116.JPG
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I was thinking Jerk Pulled Pork sammys and some kind of slaw or something. I have a honey weizen, orange witbier, black lager, and a american brown ale on tap too.

Boom! I'm not much of a cook, but I'll try to show up with some sort of contribution as well.

Black lager and American brown are right up my alley.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from DuckBrian:

Les,You know you are welcome to the Dungeon anytime to play my beautiful WhoDunnit!! In fact, thinking of doing a get together Saturday night with some of the locals. Let me know if interested. Same goes for you Tony!Brian

I'm always interested. It's the wife and the 1 year old I need to cooperate.

#53 11 years ago

I would come and meet up with you guys but I don't want to intimidate you with my short ball times.........oh wait, you mean to tell me its not like golf where you want the lowest score?......ok well i will practice up a meet up with you guys in the near future.....I need my medieval madness fix so I will probably hit ss fri, maybe i can make it up to blainebrook sat.....have a good week

#54 11 years ago

Anybody feel like putting in some money (nothing big of course....I'm saving for a pin) for some things like high game, doubles, one hand, etc?

#55 11 years ago

Count me in on the list that misses Who Dunit? I beat Tina in a tiebreaker for 2 bil points in one tournament. Funny since she used to owned one.

Eric's pins will be missed, save for ST:TNG. I had the absolute worst luck on it. Many moons ago on other ST:TNGs, I was able to blow up the Borg ship. That one I drained out within seconds.

Last Sunday's tournament, I somehow scored 3rd place in the B-segment. I never got that high before. Highest I ever got before was 6th overall in A-segment.

For any off-site pin gatherings near BB, I'd be interested. PM me.

#56 11 years ago

Anybody feel like putting in some money (nothing big of course....I'm saving for a pin) for some things like high game, doubles, one hand, etc?

Absolutely.

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from haunted1:

I would come and meet up with you guys but I don't want to intimidate you with my short ball times.........oh wait, you mean to tell me its not like golf where you want the lowest score?......ok well i will practice up a meet up with you guys in the near future.....I need my medieval madness fix so I will probably hit ss fri, maybe i can make it up to blainebrook sat.....have a good week

You should swing into SS on Thursday night. It's the monthly tournament. Be there by 6:45 and get a free burger and fries from the deli a few doors down.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

You should swing into SS on Thursday night. It's the monthly tournament. Be there by 6:45 and get a free burger and fries from the deli a few doors down.

John, we need to shake hands and formally meet sometime. I've been at the last two tournaments and I'm pretty sure I know which guy you are. Of course, I'm always intimidated because your initials are on all of the games there. I won't be able to make it this Thursday as I'm picking up a fellow pinsider from the airport.

You should let me buy you a beer before next months tournament or swing by my place sometime. I'd love to show you my collection. I'd only let you stay so long though. I wouldn't want your initials all over MY machines too!

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I wouldn't want your initials all over MY machines too! []

Don't you hate that!!!!

#60 11 years ago

Don't you hate that!!!!

I'm pretty anal about it. So, if a friend takes the high score, I won't allow myself to play any other game until I take it back.

#61 11 years ago

I don't have to worry with N'Vibe.

#62 11 years ago

I wish I had some more pins. Blainbrook later. Cool?

I was thinking Jerk Pulled Pork sammys and some kind of slaw or something. I have a honey weizen, orange witbier, black lager, and a american brown ale on tap too.

uhhh.. with the above and the fact the you own 3 pretty AWESOMEpins... I don't see a need to go any where else! Plus, after that many beers (cuz you gotta try them all!) who's gonna be able to drive?!?!

Yep, I'll be there, Not positive on the time, but my day is pretty open at the moment. Need/want me to bring anything? Food/beer/18yrold virgins?

#63 11 years ago

John, we need to shake hands and formally meet sometime. I've been at the last two tournaments and I'm pretty sure I know which guy you are. Of course, I'm always intimidated because your initials are on all of the games there. I won't be able to make it this Thursday as I'm picking up a fellow pinsider from the airport.
    You should let me buy you a beer before next months tournament or swing by my place sometime. I'd love to show you my collection. I'd only let you stay so long though. I wouldn't want your initials all over MY machines too!

I remember you from the tournaments. It's cool to see different people showing up. Sorry you can't make it this week, but I will definitely take you up on that offer. I'm flattered that you feel intimidated by me, but please don't be. I am super friendly and would gladly talk pinball, rules/strategy, whatever with anyone who would listen. I just love to play and think it is pretty cool when others do too.

If anyone else is going this Thursday to SS Billiards for the tourney, I will be a little late, but impossible to miss as I am coming right from softball so I will be in my softball uniform. Definitely come up and say hi.

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Need/want me to bring anything? Food/beer/18yrold virgins? []

You have a point. Thanks I want 5 total pins and a all-in-one arcade. You can bring whatever you like.

#65 11 years ago

Thanks I want 5 total pins and a all-in-one arcade.

That's exactly what I want as well. Oh, and possibly a MegaTouch if space allows.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I will be a little late, but impossible to miss

He'll also be impossible to miss as he gets into wizard mode in about every-other game he plays.

John, let me know if you're in the south Metro in the next month. You're welcome any time. If I don't see you before then, I'll PM you closer to the next tournament and I can buy you a beer before it starts (provided you don't have softball)

#67 11 years ago

#68 11 years ago

He'll also be impossible to miss as he gets into wizard mode in about every-other game he plays.
    John, let me know if you're in the south Metro in the next month. You're welcome any time. If I don't see you before then, I'll PM you closer to the next tournament and I can buy you a beer before it starts (provided you don't have softball)

Will do. I live in Woodbury, so I am always "in between" the north and south metro. Blainbrook and SS Billiards aren't even really quick trips for me, but I work out in Bloomington, so I manage to get around a bit. Seems like all the pinball action is in the north, south and west metro...and of course I am in the east.

I only have a couple weeks of softball left on Thursday nights, so the schedule should be more open for next month and beyond.

#69 11 years ago

You can bring whatever you like.

I wish I'd be back in town Sat. I'd invite myself to your gathering, But would bring a pin along to hopefully get me in the door

After all, your only around 150 miles away. Easy jaunt to play some pinball with fellow pinsiders.

#70 11 years ago

Blainebrook has dollar bowling on sunday's.
    Its the same price as the Stern games.
    Tron is worth every penny of that.

#71 11 years ago

I was thinking 10 or 20 and have 5 categories or something....I don't mind staying at my place but I can't do it too late I have sons' birthday bash Sunday....and im old

#72 11 years ago

Don't forget the big week end out there coming up

https://pinnesota.com/

All the pins should be in super shape that week end.

4 months later
    #73 11 years ago

I love this place. I discovered it about 6 months ago (only have been playing for 1 year) and I've been there at least once a month. It's a 30 to 40 minute drive for me. I usually get lunch/dinner at one of the MANY restaurants that are right off Central Ave (personal favorite = Tavern on France). Blainbrook also has *delicious* nachos. I've had those a few times before or after playing pinball.

As far as pinball goes, Blainbrook Bowl (BB) is a pinballer's dream. There are almost 50 games from the 70s through today. Just about every game is in great condition. There is a clipboard with a work-log hanging up where you can report issues with the games if you find any.

My current favorites are South Park, Addams Family, Dracula and Jurassic Park (no Match/Replay?). I miss Fish Tales.

The only sad thing about the place is that I never see a good crowd playing pinball. It could just be the hours that I'm there? I'd love to see that place packed and generating $$$.

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

I love this place. I discovered it about 6 months ago (only have been playing for 1 year) and I've been there at least once a month. It's a 30 to 40 minute drive for me. I usually get lunch/dinner at one of the MANY restaurants that are right off Central Ave (personal favorite = Tavern on France). Blainbrook also has *delicious* nachos. I've had those a few times before or after playing pinball.
    As far as pinball goes, Blainbrook Bowl (BB) is a pinballer's dream. There are almost 50 games from the 70s through today. Just about every game is in great condition. There is a clipboard with a work-log hanging up where you can report issues with the games if you find any.
    My current favorites are South Park, Addams Family, Dracula and Jurassic Park (no Match/Replay?). I miss Fish Tales.
    The only sad thing about the place is that I never see a good crowd playing pinball. It could just be the hours that I'm there? I'd love to see that place packed and generating $$$.

The first Sunday of every month there is a free tournament there. Starting in January, the second Saturday of every month is going to have a tournament too. Pinball league was on Wednesday nights there, and that just ended. New league starts up in April.

#75 11 years ago

It's a 45 minute drive for me but I try to get up there once a month. Thanks for the heads up Les.

#76 11 years ago

I don't have to worry with N'Vibe.

Pfff I had my initials on Congo like my 2nd game :-p

2 weeks later
    #77 11 years ago

I have driven past this place many times and always wanted to stop in and check it out. I used to live just down the street from SS. Played both pool and pinball there many many times.

3 weeks later
    #78 11 years ago

Word is from Facebook there's going to be an Avengers launch party on the 22nd of Feb.

#79 11 years ago

Can't comment on the launch party but I was there yesterday and they already have an Avengers on the floor. I was happy to see it but I'll have to reserve judgement until I get a few more games under my belt.

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

It's a 45 minute drive for me but I try to get up there once a month. Thanks for the heads up Les.

Let me know if you go up there on a fri or sat, maybe me and the boss can meet you up there.

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Word is from Facebook there's going to be an Avengers launch party on the 22nd of Feb.

Correct, this is a go as a national release date. Blainbrook is included.

6 months later
    #82 10 years ago

annual trip to the twin cities today, had the in-laws watch the kids, and my.wife and i went to blainbrook. To play some pin, was excitied that mettalica was there to try. Played so many titles my head was spinning. Not sure if it was that or the blue moon.

CAM00015.jpgCAM00015.jpg CAM00021.jpgCAM00021.jpg CAM00020.jpgCAM00020.jpg

#83 10 years ago

Drizunk

CAM00026.jpgCAM00026.jpg CAM00010.jpgCAM00010.jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-went-to-blainbrook-bowl-in-mn-today/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.