Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mojozone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM00010.jpg
    CAM00026.jpg
    CAM00020.jpg
    CAM00021.jpg
    CAM00015.jpg
    DSC02110.JPG
    DSC02117.JPG
    DSC02125.JPG
    DSC02112.JPG
    DSC02116.JPG
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

We have family in the Minneapolis area, so on our way back to Iowa..we decided to stop by and check it out. We had a great time. Played a lot of pins i never thought i would get to try. Here is a short list of games that left an impression on me.

Hercules. right when i walked i saw it, didn't know they had one, i was more just excited to see it, then play it, and of course it played slooooowww. but it was fun to try it.

Orbitor 1 - acid flash back. was kind of the same feeling as Hercules.

Surprise game of the day was the Devil's Dare. I feel in love with this game, i thought it was fun, cool art work. solid early 80s game. I am now on the look out for a DD.

Other games that i really liked were Medusa, BoP, Sorcerer, Centaur 2, HS, JP,DM. The wife liked Comet and HS the best. Everything was in great shape, and well taken care of. the only problem that we saw was that Funhouse's coin mech wasn't excepting any coins so we couldn't play that one. I will attach some pictures. There were so many games and we only had an hr to kill.
    ~Nick

DSC02116.JPGDSC02116.JPG DSC02112.JPGDSC02112.JPG DSC02125.JPGDSC02125.JPG

#2 11 years ago

more.

DSC02117.JPGDSC02117.JPG DSC02110.JPGDSC02110.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Dang.............I only live 5 minutes from there. We could of had a Pinside Bromance.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I only live 5 minutes from there.

you are lucky phpg that place is pretty stellar. How is the food there? im sure the beer is just fine. We are going to try to go up there again in the fall and spend more then an hr there.

#5 11 years ago

I was there Sat night. It's always a lot of fun. They have reorganized the machines so that are all in the game room now. Its nice because it feels like one big arcade. I think with the recent move they had to take out a few machines. I was there a few months ago and there are some machines missing.

Who dunnit, getaway, fish tales and dr who to name a few.
    Still a fantastic collection.

I was hoping to see a x-men but nothing. According to the stern page Mort's will end up with the X-men and the launch party.

Food is standard bar food.

At night after 8 I think they run happy hour Apps. I didn't think the burger was all that but the big pile of Tots we had were really good.

Give yourself a few hours when you go. It's well worth the time and the trip.

Chris

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

WHO dunnit, getaway, Fish Tales and dr who to name a few.

I believe these were all owned by Erik and I heard he moved the Who Dunnit out of there, must have grabbed the rest of his as well! That's sad, because I really wanted to try out who dunnit!

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

because I really wanted to try out WHO dunnit!

Me too. There is still plenty there that i didn't get to play, so that is good for my next trip north.

#8 11 years ago

Definitely a great place to hang out. Donny (the owner) calls it a "destination location" and it truly is.

Since you are coming from the south, you should stop in and check out LLoyd's SS Billiards! Not as many pins, but a wonderful owner and a great selection of machines to play! Lots of new sterns and if the time is right, he may even have a Big Bang Bar, MM, or AFM out for you to try, now how many places can boast that?

SS BILLIARDS
    732 11th Avenue South, Hopkins, MN
    (952) 938-9259 ‎ · ssbilliards.com

Next time you are in the neighborhood, post a message on here, I'm usually up for some beer/pins!

#9 11 years ago

Never heard of it, go to ss regularly, but where is blainbrook bowl?

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

I believe these were all owned by Erik and I heard he moved the WHO dunnit out of there, must have grabbed the rest of his as well! That's sad, because I really wanted to try out WHO dunnit!

I was there for the tournament last night. Eric did pull all his games out. He has a ton of good ones there; STTNG, Getaway, Doctor Who, Family Guy, Spiderman, Who Dunnit, Fish Tales, Jackbot, World Poker Tour...and I think there are a couple more too. Said to see all those games gone. Fantastic place, with a great selection, but without those games, almost all the mid-90's Bally/WMS DMDs are gone now.

Blainbrook Bowl is north of the Twin Cities in Blaine.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I was there for the tournament last night. Eric did pull all his games out. He has a ton of good ones there; STTNG, High Speed 2, Doctor Who, Family Guy, spiderman, WHO dunnit, Fish Tales, Jackbot...and I think there are a couple more too. Said to see all those games gone. Fantastic place, with a great selection, but without those games, almost all the mid-90's Bally/WMS DMDs are gone now. []

That is truly sad! Wonder why he did that? Maybe he just wanted them all at his house to play! Can't really blame him with that lineup...

IIRC, he sold that Spidey. From the pics, it looks like Donny still has a WoF there

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Never heard of it, go to ss regularly, but where is blainbrook bowl?

Blainbrook Bowl
    12000 Central Avenue Northeast
    Minneapolis, MN 55434
    (763) 755-8686

Bar + food (good restaurant/bar food), Bowling, and boat loads of pins and some Ticket Redemption machines as well as a few sit down arcades.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

I believe these were all owned by Erik and I heard he moved the WHO dunnit out of there, must have grabbed the rest of his as well! That's sad, because I really wanted to try out WHO dunnit!

The above is correct. Most were sold long before they left.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

That is truly sad! Wonder why he did that? Maybe he just wanted them all at his house to play! Can't really blame him with that lineup...
    IIRC, he sold that Spidey. From the pics, it looks like Donny still has a WoF there

WOF is still there. That was one of the qualifying games in the tourney last night. Looks really nice with the LEDs in there.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Grats on the sale(s)!

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I miss my old Who Dunnit.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I miss my old WHO dunnit.

Stay tuned Got NOS Tony's Palace plastic for it too!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Stay tuned [] Got NOS Tony's Palace plastic for it too!

Heck, if you are looking to trade for it, let me know if anything I have interests you...

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

The wife liked Comet and HS the best.

Put your DD on hold and snag one of these two. Distract the wife with a game she likes!

#20 11 years ago

Ive been to SS a couple times, and was able to play the BBB which was really fun. Deacon, you are right HS would be the first in line. The wife does have a charlies angels that keeps her busy

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

We are going to try to go up there again in the fall and spend more then an hr there.

Feel free to PM me next time you head up. I'd be happy to host you and the wife at my place for a beer or two and a few games. I'm no more than 10 minutes off of I-35 on your way up to Blaine.

#22 11 years ago

Thanks tony, that is very kind of you.

#23 11 years ago

I can vouch for Tony's niceness. Heck of a guy.

#24 11 years ago

I am 5 minutes................if that..............from Blainbrook and would love to have some "challengers" over to my place. Hoping to add a 4th game this fall/winter. Usually 4 home brews on tap and on some weekends I have the outdoor smoker going (ribs, sausage, brisket, etc).

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I was there for the tournament last night. Eric did pull all his games out. He has a ton of good ones there; STTNG, Getaway, Doctor Who, Family Guy, spiderman, WHO dunnit, Fish Tales, Jackbot, World Poker Tour...and I think there are a couple more too. Said to see all those games gone. Fantastic place, with a great selection, but without those games, almost all the mid-90's Bally/WMS DMDs are gone now.
    Blainbrook Bowl is north of the Twin Cities in Blaine.

Les,
    You know you are welcome to the Dungeon anytime to play my beautiful WhoDunnit!! In fact, thinking of doing a get together Saturday night with some of the locals. Let me know if interested. Same goes for you Tony!
    Brian

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from DuckBrian:

Les,
    You know you are welcome to the Dungeon anytime to play my beautiful WhoDunnit!! In fact, thinking of doing a get together Saturday night with some of the locals. Let me know if interested. Same goes for you Tony!
    Brian

I'd come over but I am having some people over too.

#27 11 years ago

I'd come over but I am having some people over too. []

DUELING GET TOGETHERS!!!! FIGHT!

Hey @DuckBrian, did I meet you @ Tony's on Sat? I'm Josh, weird dude with the beard-like thing.

#28 11 years ago

What's a beard like thing?

#29 11 years ago

In the sake of get togethers, I'm inviting everyone over on Saturday as well. Let the battles begin.... kidding!

Actually, I think Tony invited me to tag-a-long to your place Pinhead (of course only if you're ok with that).

#30 11 years ago

Do you guys know Donny (owner)? Just curious about that DD and if he would part with it down the road.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Actually, I think Tony invited me to tag-a-long to your place Pinhead (of course only if you're ok with that).

Yes and yes. Yes yes.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Do you guys know Donny (owner)? Just curious about that DD and if he would part with it down the road.

Yes he doesn't sell many that I know of. I want his Tron.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from DuckBrian:

Les,
    Brian

Hi Seitz

#34 11 years ago

Hey Duckbrian...................finishing up your ACDC hopefully tomorrow. It looks good! You have to post a pic. I don't think Pinsiders wanna keep seeing them on my LOTR.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

DUELING GET TOGETHERS!!!! FIGHT!
    Hey @DuckBrian, did I meet you @ Tony's on Sat? I'm Josh, weird dude with the beard-like thing.

Yes, weird dude, that was DuckBrian.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yes, weird dude, that was DuckBrian.

Thanks Kelly, you beat me to it. I will be sending an email out to the group Bry, but would love it if you and your much-better half can swing over on Saturday. I will get something out by tomorrow night for sure. Great to see you at Tony's Saturday. Wanted to make it down to the Ghetto that night but by the time family time was over, I was wiped out and headed straight into a head cold. Didn't think that it was *($*$*ing possible in the Summer; but I did it! No problem if Tony and co. can't make it Saturday as I don't want to infringe on puckguy's gathering...even if he does live in North Toolyville! Us Southsiders will do it up!
    Brian

#37 11 years ago

Eric, it sounds like funchaser (chris) should be able to make it on saturday.

Brian, if you could include me on the email list, I'd really appreciate 'getting in the fold' with the guys down here. This weekend probably won't work for me, but hopefully I'll be able to join sometime soon. tony (dot) middendorf (at) gmail

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

I've bought a few machines off him. He's a nice guy, who's straight forward and honest when it comes to selling machines. He's a busy man, but I think the best way to get a hold of him is @ blainbrook. I've only got him via the blainbrook phone a handful of times, but its worth a shot. From what I've seen, he doesn't actively sell many machines, but I've seen him list a couple on CL from time to time.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yes, weird dude, that was DuckBrian. []

Thanks Old Man! You're always so nice to me.

#40 11 years ago

Blainbrook Bowl is a nice place. I was there about a month ago. When I was there they were just opening up for the day. I switched on the pins that I wanted to play. Felt like a kid in a candy store. A few had startup errors, but that is to be expected with fifty pins in the wild. Too many pins. Not enough time to play. My favorite of all I that I played was HS2.

My wife and two sons enjoyed the visit as well. With darts and other games in the arcade everyone had fun. Food was good and reasonably priced. We wanted to bowl, but ran out of time. Planning to head back there this weekend.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Blainbrook Bowl is a nice place. I was there about a month ago. When I was there they were just opening up for the day. I switched on the pins that I wanted to play. Felt like a kid in a candy store. A few had startup errors, but that is to be expected with fifty pins in the wild. Too many pins. Not enough time to play. My favorite of all I that I played was HS2.
    My wife and two sons enjoyed the visit as well. With darts and other games in the arcade everyone had fun. Food was good and reasonably priced. We wanted to bowl, but ran out of time. Planning to head back there this weekend.

Some of us are probably hanging out at Eric's (pinheadpuckguy) place on Saturday. He lives minutes from Blainbrook. Feel free to PM me if you want to meet up at all.

#42 11 years ago

Hmmmm probably? I was gonna have some "eats" for ya guys as well. I thought afternoon early evening at my place. I wish I had some more pins. Blainbrook later. Cool?

#43 11 years ago

Hmmmm probably? I was gonna have some "eats" for ya guys as well. I thought afternoon early evening at my place. I wish I had some more pins. Blainbrook later. Cool?

Perfect plan. funchaser (Chris) said he's tied up until 4pm on Saturday.

Now I just need to mentally prepare myself to spend an extended amount of time with Northvibe haha

#44 11 years ago

Are you coming earlier? Or are you guys riding together? Jonogo are you coming. I was thinking 2-ish. And yes PDeez will get squirly.

#45 11 years ago

I can come over anytime. I mean, my average ball time on LOTR is about 40 minutes, so I should probably get there early.

We'll probably come separate.

#46 11 years ago

What's your avg time on Shadow? That's the question.

#47 11 years ago

Haha, never played TS actually.

My ball time is nowhere near 40 min on LOTR either. (I'm full of crap) Only ever played it on route. Some with AFM.

I'm very excited to try out TS.

#48 11 years ago

I miss Minnesota! I was just getting into pinball as we moved west. Visited SS and Blainbrook a few times. That drive to Blaine was no fun from Bloomington, but it was worth it.

#49 11 years ago

My LOTR kicks my butt actually. I am pretty decent on TS. I have decent games on AFM.

#50 11 years ago

I was thinking Jerk Pulled Pork sammys and some kind of slaw or something. I have a honey weizen, orange witbier, black lager, and a american brown ale on tap too.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-went-to-blainbrook-bowl-in-mn-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.