20230105_053644_resized (resized).jpg
20230105_051859_resized (resized).jpg
20221222_134333 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1672847370712 (resized).jpg
0e94caf5161cc828aef630d14803f9f64b4c48e4 (resized).jpg
D029D37A-B27B-4080-996D-7B962A1D2C57 (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).jpg
768358 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I’m very thankfully for all of the toys and mechs below on Toy Story lol.
Pop up jump ramp (not evening mentioning the entire landing area that is very well done with RGB lighting)
2 pop up Benson posts
Spinning disk
Pop up character mech
Physical kickback (not virtual...)
Drop target
Physical ball lock
10" LCD
Other features
4 pop bumpers
JJP RGB hot rails

Long time, but see you’re having fun running a fanboy sales thread for JJP. Ultimate fan troller, telling us all how you hated TS4 and now completely reversed that. Nuts my friend, just plain nutty, lol. Most all can see right through it, since you’re an owner now. Your list of so called “toys” is so funny to read. Never seen a poster reaching so hard to make it look like there are actual toys on a game about toys that has no actual real toys, lol. Too hillarious, listing the Leds (hot rails), 10” LCD, etc as toys, lolololo, good one! There isn’t one single thing on your list that counts in most people’s book as actual mechanical ball interactive toys. Best laugh I’ve had in a long while, so keep it up! Happy Thanksgiving to you too buddy!

#201 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

You know what....it's such a nutty list and so obviously meant to be made fun of....could this be the ultimate reverse troll? Someone who actually dislikes TS4 and is imitating a JJP groupie? They can't actually believe they're making TS4 look better with such nonsense posts where RGB lights = playfield toys.

This is definitely a reverse JJP troll thread. I remember well reading Freaks posts about how TS4 had no “toys” in the game and how upset he was that a game about toys had no toys. Plus he was incensed JJP was charging such outrageous prices for it too. Guess views tend to change when someone becomes an owner through a trade, lol. Would suggest the guy that got his GB, might have gotten a steal of a deal. GB is loaded with actual toys after all.

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Agreed. Also I'd like a "Levi was right" shirt.

“Levi was right”!

On a positive note TS4 would look great in this expectant mom’s new room…

11244788-DF18-4AA4-B8E1-2D10D59A1348 (resized).jpeg11244788-DF18-4AA4-B8E1-2D10D59A1348 (resized).jpeg
#210 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

My goodness this thread has been great to see a select few have an absolute meltdown over someone saying why they enjoy a game. Just damn lol.
Only a JJP thread does this ever happen in. A thread to bash a game is fine but compliment it? Oh no you don’t. Thank goodness for the ignore feature.

Big difference between saying you’re enjoying a game and outright promotion trolling us all with a bunch of nonsense, publicly justifying your trade. Appreciate this thread you’ve created, which has now cemented in my mind all the reasons why this game is empty. It’s comical your attempt at trying to convince us there are actual toys in a toy-less game about toys. Lol Thank you for one of the best JJP troller threads ever created. You’ve worked hard.

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A jump ramp is a toy, a spinning disk is a toy, a pop up character mech is a toy. Other items such as the Benson posts, physical ball lock, kickback, and the new 10” LCD can fall under features. They are part of the game so deal with it. You can keep acting as if they don’t exist but that won’t change reality lol. Now there’s a mic drop for a ya
Also, why are most of your posts in threads bashing JJP games? Hmmm.

Freak, just to let you know.
A. Jump flaps are part of a raised lane. It’s like saying the wireform lane the ball jumps over on Jurassic Park Home Edition Jack Danger designed is a toy, lol. Too funny!
B. Spinning disk is not a ball interactive toy by anyone’s stretch of imagination. AIQ has a post on top of the multidirectional disk that changes direction according to how you hit it, then raises to open a below the PF area for the ball to travel. Now that’s a true ball interactive disk. TS4 disk basically doesn’t do much.
C. Pop up little girl head is an obstacle for the ball, not a ball interactive mech toy.
D. Since when have ball locks become toys??? More lolololo!!!
E. The lame, lets cover the back third of the PF (since we’re too cheap to include a real mech) $10 screen, is in no one’s realm a “toy” or even a feature that anyone wants. Pinball has passed the gimmick second screen ages ago, when JJP dumped them after their 10 year ago offerings. Even Stern dumped the second useless screens too after Bat66 and SW.

Reality check: TS4 is a nice enough game for a little girl and her daddy to play, just as JJP depicted and marketed as such in their well done promo video. But it’s not much more than that.

My question to you is, why are most of your posts always bashing Stern games at any chance you get (except TMNT)? None of us hold stock in any of these companies. It’s not our school Alma Mater were discussing, its just a game. We are not picking on JJP, as I’ve purchased their games too. It was only when they released a game completely contrary to the original sales pitch of giving us all more for our hard earned dollars, is the real reason TS4 is plummeting in value everywhere. If this game would have been loaded like their first four it’d be a different conversation, even though priced way out of the stratosphere at $12k to $15k. But with the plummeting value, I get why you’re trying to pump it up for all its worth too, since you’re an owner now. Most all owners are going to do this, till they get so bored they on-sell it.

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Where is your proof the 10 inch screen is $10? And the virtual pinball mini game to start a multi
ball plays better than actual virtual pinball.

Here is the proof you seek. Checked with Alibaba, if bulked purchased they are $10 or lower depending on how many purchased.

CECED419-3BF5-427C-8292-1E5C3E21528D (resized).jpegCECED419-3BF5-427C-8292-1E5C3E21528D (resized).jpeg
#230 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

By your definition of interactive toy mech ball controls the toy. I could say the same about all godzilla models. I own and route both. I have a gz premium. I would rather have a nib with warranty JJP than a used stern le for more money and guy is saying mint condition with no playfield protector on it. With a ton of dimples on it.

Here is what the OP Freak who started this thread originally said himself about the lack of ball mechs and how barren TS4 really is. He changed his tune because he traded for one….owners tend to do that. He showed the underside of TS4 in his post and had commented how empty the PF really is showing there’s not much there. Especially commenting in numerous other posts how its devoid of mechs. He got a fair amount of upvotes for blasting TS4s emptiness. Lol

551E9AF1-339E-41D7-9969-928EFD83F3ED (resized).jpeg551E9AF1-339E-41D7-9969-928EFD83F3ED (resized).jpeg Freak then posted GB guy closing the door to this mechless overpriced wonder. B84CB713-1E62-4493-9F4A-DB4915D27E3F (resized).pngB84CB713-1E62-4493-9F4A-DB4915D27E3F (resized).png

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

That is Not the one jjp used. It has to be commercial grade for how many hours it will on in a location and compatible with their software. That is a incomplete you still need a board body with a hdmi port.

Lol, I’d have to look back, but the so called “commerical grade” one JJP used is even cheaper. Someone dug it up and showed the exact one with fittings and all for $10. Look at how OP Freak bashed that worthless screen relentlessly. Here’s more of his own words.

9551C266-DF43-4433-B489-90161E206099 (resized).jpeg9551C266-DF43-4433-B489-90161E206099 (resized).jpegAgain attesting by his own words to the fact that TS4 has no mechs and the 10” screen is basically worthless. His words, not mine. C625C558-9C44-4F38-BE63-15A68D55EE30 (resized).jpegC625C558-9C44-4F38-BE63-15A68D55EE30 (resized).jpeg

#330 1 year ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Paint thinner to remove the TS4 artwork! Only kidding guys.

Too funny!
The main and only guy I saw calling people names and directly PMing others, was the Freak himself. He directly PM’d me too. I did not respond in kind. I think he himself summed up this whole thread with his first impressions. (You know what they say about first impressions, they’re usually always right.)
613ED2EA-D14B-4136-848F-DF2E0B85D3F1 (resized).jpeg613ED2EA-D14B-4136-848F-DF2E0B85D3F1 (resized).jpeg
What happened here is Freak still doesn’t think the game is worth $16,500.00 with tax and shipping (or even $12k), but he does think its worth trading a game he only paid $7k for, less than half the price of TS4. Then he wanted to pump the value for all its worth after purchasing, because he will be selling it in the future, just as he’s done on most of his other JJP games. But he knows he only paid $7k for GB, so anything over that price he gets for TS4 is gravy. Actually very smart deal he made, even though it seems the GB trader got the better one. Good luck to you PanzerFreak. Lighten up and enjoy the forums no matter what. We are all in this together against all manufacturers trying to scalp us. Lol

#340 1 year ago

Looking back thread: Freak was right on point in his observation on TS4 having no custom sculpts of any significance. He couldn’t believe JJP was so “cost cutting” in $12k to $15k machines to load them with inexpensive cake toppers.

A637A5A3-91F0-4A47-8B18-30E71CE88136.jpegA637A5A3-91F0-4A47-8B18-30E71CE88136.jpeg

#353 1 year ago

Back on this threads subject matter of the Freaks opinion about TS4. Here is another revealing first impression he had.
FB01B6B1-41EC-4879-A29E-1FCA4834A5C2.jpegFB01B6B1-41EC-4879-A29E-1FCA4834A5C2.jpeg Freak like many of us, interested in TS 1-3. TS4, is an easy pass he indicated and especially with no toys to boot. “Just can’t love it at $12k”, he said.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Look man, I get what you're saying, but you realize he said, "I was wrong." So, all the things you keep bringing up or moot, don't you agree?

Look man, not moot at all. First impressions are usually correct almost all of the time. That’s worth pointing out in the discussion. We can change our minds about things, if we are able to get a super deal and wish to pump our deal’s value up, even though we still feel inside the same way we did before. A super deal has the power to “change our minds” to our advantage, to want to promote, instead leaving that deal on a downward spiral that deal happens to be on now. We can all feel or even admit we were “wrong” when it suits our new objective/narrative better. That is what is happening here.

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

That's what makes it interesting. WAS he wrong back then? All his original slams on TS4 are still there in the machine itself: toyless, giant cheap tablet covering upper playfield, blnad layout, cheap cake toppers as "sculpts", total mishandling of the license, very overpriced, etc.

Good points!

#365 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Game should just be called “Story 4” because it has NO Toys.

Hillarious! Story 4, accurate title! That funny goes along with one of the Freaks best jokes…

4D4DD214-0AC2-4C6E-9699-BF168133F7B1.jpeg4D4DD214-0AC2-4C6E-9699-BF168133F7B1.jpeg

#425 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I know what you're thinking; that this reaction is hyperbole. But, let me just say that there's something magical about this game that makes it the best game. hard to explain. It's kind of like Iron Maiden. The game is simple, and the shots are fun. There's a million games that share those attributes. The kicker here, as with IMDN, is that the game is uniquely designed and built with an intangible quantum of RARE touch and artistry. Iron Maiden is the only other game I can describe like this. There is something special that the team did with these games (imdn and toy story) that give them the special "thing" that makes them perfect games.
Some older games that accomplished the same uniqueness are Medieval madness, Monster Bash, and TOTAN. Those games accomplished the same type of intangible user experience which one cannot deny. In modern pinball it seems more difficult to achieve. I can say that Toy story is the best game ever because it is easy to enjoy, shoot, and become immersed in by the player. just like IMDN. I'm not in love with the Movies; they're fine, but not timeless classics IMO. Regardless, the whole package, and especially the shots and lights, give the player what I consider to be the best pinball experience overall. Consider IMDN, a niche theme which is now considered one of the best games ever by players. Not because of the theme, of course, being a "niche" theme, and not ubiquitous. They are great because they are totally immersive, and irresistible games which are easy to understand and become good at, yet keep you wanting to dive back in because of the intangible, special experience that they offer.
pinball isn't as simple as good or bad. Great games become timeless and legendary because of the touch and fine tuning put into the game to turn a great game into a timeless classic. I love 90's games. They're mostly great; because of the fine tuning and special touches built into them. Now, with better tech, and the benefit of experience, JJP is able to accomplish what is near impossible: They are efforting to give us games which are ultra unique, special, and complete. They are after the home owners/collectors. My love for IMDN for the same reasons is reason to demonstrate my mostly impartial take here. Stern has done the same thing before, and they can again. Right now, though, TS is THAT game. The game which is impossible to resist.
This is just my opinion. I love pinball, and have found my best game. This after my fav was IMDN, GNR, and Wonka.

Nice opinion write up. Finding that rare person where TS4 lines up with their ideals is just what JJP wants. The main issue with most people that may also have some of this feeling is glaringly the extremely high price they’re charging. You could purchase two NIB IMDN style priced machines versus one TS4 to achieve your ideals in pinball and have two games instead of just one to enjoy.

#429 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The idea of “I could have bought 2 NIB Stern pros!” is the poor TS4’s owners worst face palm moment to have to witness. I mean yeah, we are talking Pro machines, but come on, the thought has some serious merit, and would even make an old “premium only” guy like me rub my chin at least once before dismissing it out of hand. TMSFY
oops! I forgot, the right term now for TMSFY is YMMV*.
*- see the pinball pet peeves thread to understand the TMSFY / YMMV argument.

Well you’d be correct not being able to compare WOZ with a Pro, but as numerous people have already pointed out, TS4’s accouterments are on par with a Pro. So the comparison, “I could have bought 2 NIB Stern pros” works. TS4’s now famous “bare PF” is what prompted people to post this meme (borrowed from TS4 hype thread):
F8F1668F-9BB7-4676-99AB-2F6E90EF34FD (resized).jpegF8F1668F-9BB7-4676-99AB-2F6E90EF34FD (resized).jpeg

#441 1 year ago

Well Spooky just closed down this threads theme by offering the opposite of empty TS4 CE for $15k, by actually selling a loaded Scooby Do CE for a mere $5,231.00 less money, at only $9,769! JJP you need to take lots of notes on how to do an animated theme, loaded with everything sans the 10” screen covering the back 1/3 of the PF, lol. Wow does this put in perspective the poor value of TS4 and cement the Freaks first impressions as being correct. And its widebody like WOZ, Hobbit and POTC no less.

#444 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Add another grand for tax, fees, & shipping.

But TS4 and Bond also have more than a grand for tax, fees and shipping.

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'd have to see the BOMs including licensing costs as a start to understanding the difference. In the end margins might be pretty close, who knows.

Not a chance of being close. TS4 is almost empty with a $10 screen covering that back 1/3 of the PF and a cheaper subpar license from the TS franchise. Hence the real reason JJP chose it instead of 1-3. Spooky’s BOM is obviously much greater, as it has actual mechs all over the place and is a widebody. TS4 has almost none of that.

1 week later
#535 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]
I want to thank you both for keeping this thread alive and well in my absence with some of the best trolling Pinside has seen in years. You guys kept the false truths, putdowns, and more up over these past two weeks and I commend you both for it. I mean Thunderbird you even said while I was gone that I bought Toy Story 4 CE just to sell like my other JJP pins. I've bought every JJP pin, have only sold Dialed In and Pirates and today own 5 JJP's but I mean yeah that's another excellent troll comment. Congratulations, here is a special certificate for you both!
With that being said I'll be posting a new Toy Story 30 day review thread soon, trigger warning a list of toys and mechs will likely be included. Also, what are the toys on Scooby Doo? You can't say a spinning disk, and jump ramp are not toys and at the same time say a plastic vibrating bobble head and ball locks are toys lol. I see what what you guys are doing Again great work, bravo for a great performance, keep it going!
Now I need to get back to playing some Toy Story 4 in my new custom PanzerFreak flip flops made by Kaneda himself, very comfy.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Had completely forgotten about this thread and now you resurrect it again, lol!

480634E9-15F6-456A-8FB9-83B20A886803 (resized).jpeg480634E9-15F6-456A-8FB9-83B20A886803 (resized).jpeg

Hooray! Our buddy Freak is back!! So happy, as you were the creator and star of this ultimate trollers show, making it such fun!!! We award you the best troller of all time award, topping any of our efforts.
9436814D-48BB-449F-84DC-CDE2DE1AE69D (resized).jpeg9436814D-48BB-449F-84DC-CDE2DE1AE69D (resized).jpegIn keeping with the “kiddie” theme of TS4, we picked out a certificate befitting childish trollers everywhere, . Glad you’re back! We missed you!!

#538 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Panzer being back still doesn't change the fact that TS4 is an overpriced dud!
The game still sucks worse than Forky!

Well stated! We really saw how overpriced TS4 CE is, after the release of another CE pinball game Scooby Doo with many more features at a mere $5,231.00 less than JJPs outright fleecing with an almost empty PF no less.

#541 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hope it’s better than Halloween and Ultra Man which seem fairly loaded. Remember what happened there?
What exactly are these many more features you speak of? Not seeing them. Keep trying Scooby looks cool but you can’t tout its features and then ignore everything, including code and software design, on Toy Story…it shows your bias.

Do remember what happened with HWN/ULtra, since I made a non-refundable deposit. They are not “fairly loaded” at all; name the mechs they have??? Not bias, as JJP does code most of their machines fairly deeply, but TS4 is the exception, being quite shallow. You’re right, we haven’t seen code/software design on SD yet. SD is being programmed by a total newbie, so that remains to be discovered.

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's a lot in Halloween and Ultra Man, multiple upper playfields, those two mechs that raise the balls to the flippers, drop targets, 4 ramps, and multiple 3D molds. If those two games are loaded then then why are they not universally acclaimed and soaring in value? I've only played an Ultra Man and actually enjoyed it.
You have zero credibility when it comes to saying that Toy Story 4 is shallow. All you do is relentlessly bash the game in a trolling way, you don't acknowledge the features that are in the game, you don't own one, you don't say why the game is supposedly shallow, and yet you say Scooby Doo (a game that no one has seen in person or played) is already better...I own Toy Story 4, have owned every JJP, currently own 5 JJP pins and can confidently say that Toy Story's 4 ruleset is not shallow.
This next comment really isn't for you as nothing I say will change your opinion. Toy's Story's ruleset is in my mind deeper (and more enjoyable) then Guns n Roses which I also own. How can that be when Guns n Roses has 20+ song modes? The modes in Toy Story 4 are all fairly unique, there's 7 approachable yet challenging tasks to attempt the wizard mode, there's 11 carnival modes, there's 6 multiball modes with various depth (Carnival multiball), most of the modes are more objective based then those in Guns n Roses which pretty much all play the same (besides the album modes), and there's two paths to the wizard mode which features multiple stages and a variety of custom animations. Does that sound shallow to you? Probably yes as you have a personal vendetta against the game lol but for the majority of the rest of the pinball community no.
Also, I know you TMNT as you post in the owners thread (where you acted completely different and were actually decent to others). I owned a TMNT Premium for over a year and while that game is deep I would say that Toy Story is the deeper game (reasons above) IMO.
So you can stop your games, your covers been blown for weeks now, just accept your trolling certificate and move on

We need only look to our thread leader’s own words….

15425B3F-729B-496A-9D2A-BA7FB70F4F23.jpeg15425B3F-729B-496A-9D2A-BA7FB70F4F23.jpeg
Via the Freak’s words: the code for TS4 is shallow “not deep enough”. Words written by you before you got a half price deal on a TS4 CE, lol So who exactly has zero credibility???

#546 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Did you not see the name of this thread? It's titled "I was wrong about Toy Story 4, what a great pin". You can post all day long what I said about the game before I saw it in person, before I played it in a setting where it was setup properly, and when I played a game or two in a setting where it was hard to hear everything going on. My comments on the ruleset at the time were based on what others said who didn't even play the game lol, how could I honestly say the ruleset is shallow when I didn't even give the game a chance? Again...I was wrong.
I honesty don't know what you are trying to do at this point. This thread is an example that you can't really judge a game before you play it. It's easy to bash a game based on pictures and YouTube videos alone which is what I did. Same thing happens all the time with other games, it's not good to do. Others will still dislike a pin even after they played it which is normal. Is Toy Story 4 the greatest pin or hell even in the top 10 pins ever made? No but do I find it fun? Yes, that's all I've been trying to say this entire time.
Again the name of this thread is "I was wrong about Toy Story 4, what a great pin"...So what's your point?

Well one point we both agree, TS4 is fun to play a few times at an arcade spending at most a couple of twenty's. Home ownership at $16,500.00 with tax and shipping, is the real question here….

0CC4C494-F5A6-4D46-AF64-4864F763AD0C (resized).jpeg0CC4C494-F5A6-4D46-AF64-4864F763AD0C (resized).jpeg At that extremely high price, Clip Clip is a flip flop. (Or maybe PanzerFreak is the flip flop? Lol, love your new shoes. They’re so stylish! Glad you have a pair…
6BAD2D21-645D-410E-8465-844E05E140AE (resized).jpeg6BAD2D21-645D-410E-8465-844E05E140AE (resized).jpeg

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A lot of people don’t pay sales tax and then maybe $200 - $300 for shipping right? For some reason you love to to tack these values on for JJP pins but then forget them for all other titles as if they are excluded. That behavior is trollish lol, can’t have it both ways.
This thread for me was never really about value, I made a trade for the game that both the seller and I thought was fair. The value argument is hard to make today due to insane pricing. I’ve mentioned a few times though how I think Toy Story 4 is over priced. Same now goes for Stern LE’s at $13k. Pricing is just nuts across the board. We can’t play the game anymore either of “Oh Stern charges $13k, so JJP needs to charge more” or vice versa as that’s what got us here in the first place.

Agree with you. Stern is fleecing us too at $13K or $14,5k with tax and shipping. Way over priced and far beyond a decent dollar to value ratio. Stern not just JJP is guilty here too. Insane pricing is going to bite both Stern and JJP in 2023. Spooky, AP and CGC seem to be the only sensible companies left. I know I’m done with buying from both companies till they have to lower prices back to a reasonable level again, as if $10k was ever reasonable, lol.

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You have some very odd views. Are you, Thunderbird, and that JimWet guy all really Kaneda and using a VPN to post?

Creative way to try and get MoonMuppet and me to back off your prior constant dissing and now praising of TS4. That is a trick only Kaneda would come up with. Are you corporate undercover or Kaneda arguing with himself, first bashing TS4 and now praising TS4, all under the guise of simply being “wrong and changing your mind”??? (Kaneda did after all make flip flop shoes with your account name on them and he hasn’t done that for any other individual? Hmmm, very forky Freak, lol.) Or was this all a sales/promo stunt to get us to buy the PanzerFreak flip flops?

#559 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's a picture for you featuring 4 separate mechs.
[quoted image]

Too comical Freak buddy, you’re referring to 2 posts, as 2 separate mechs. Never have heard of posts being labeled as mechs before. This is a first. It’s even comical you’re calling a 2x2 piece of plastic flap a mech. It’s part of the lane and no more a mech than the simple JP jump lane at the back of JP homepin Jack D designed into the layout. Quite similar to what Pat’s done on the super simple piece of plastic with Duke sticker, in the lane the ball rolls over. But do agree both Stern and JJP have priced themselves out of the market on most future pins, unless they actually give more like they did on LOTR, WOZ or our TMNTs.

#563 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here’s your the “jump ramp” you are talking about in Jurassic Park home edition…An orbit where the ball falls off a 2” inch gap to the rest of the orbit…There’s no mech or anything involved lol.
Again please seek help, you’ve gone off the deep end.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

LOL, love it Freak buddy! Hello McFly? (I don’t think so…) Seeking the Freak’s help on this one. Isn’t that 2 inch jump gap about the same dimensions as the 2 inch Duke flat plastic inline lane gap flap? Seems like a good comparison, but can see why you wouldn’t think so.

14D19ED7-CC65-46B9-BE79-3267C15074E0 (resized).jpeg14D19ED7-CC65-46B9-BE79-3267C15074E0 (resized).jpeg
#573 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I think TS4 will go down in history as the pin that finally convinced JJP that there are always folks who will pay a lot more for a lot less. Such a sad way for Lawlor to go out...[quoted image]

Moonmuppet, one of the best memes ever! Lol (so right on point with how sad TS4 really is.)

Thanks again Freak for a discussion that proves all TS4 counter points so well! You’ve done a fine service for us all by saving our pocket books from tragedy!!

#576 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Do either of you own any pins or do you take the JimWet approach and try to $hit on everyone else’s purchases (primarily JJP’s)? Generally curious as that’s how your comments come across.
Keep trying with the troll attempts though Really good efforts, you may get a Twipy troll of the year award for it.

Glad to see you’re still here. It’s all in good fun, that’s what forums are all about. Like some JJP pins and others not so much. Feel the same about all the other companies too. It’s not a brand issue here, it’s per game critique. Think TS4 has had critique mainly related to being empty with outrageous pricing. After all, TS4 is fun to play.

(Funny meme btw, but please add PanzerFreak and your buddy Kaneda to the list. After all you two created the stylish PanzerFreak flip flops together. ) ((You know I own pins, as we talk as friends in the TMNT club. One of the best loaded pins ever! That’s why you purchased one too, value for money ratio is super on TMNT!))

#580 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Once again you are taking the primary toy in one game, one with very little code and that hasn't been implemented since Road Show, and comparing it to a rather basic secondary feature on a modern game? Again, everyone see's what you are doing. Of course you didn't mention anything else Toy Story has. Funhouse has Rudy, the trap door and...that's it. Oh a basic ruleset, forgot that. It's a fun classic game (I enjoy playing it on my VPIN) but not really comparable to a modern pin with multiple features, lighting advancements, significantly deeper code, etc. Another good troll attempt.
What did Toy Story do to you and Thunderbird? Is there something you are not telling us? Did you secretly buy one and it landed on you while bringing it down the basement?

Okay Freak, the jig is up, I purchased a TS4 for my baby’s nursery and 11 year old daughter to play. But since there’s not much in the game to keep them entertained, our baby hates the casino sounds and my daughter is bored out of her mind. Now I can’t get rid of it, unless I’m willing to take a friends pity offer of $6k for a $15k CE. He’s told me over and over there’s not much more there than a used pro, hence the fair price offer of $6k. What would you do Freak, if you were me?

C1E18F51-CAC3-4A3C-B276-996D900D3FB7 (resized).jpegC1E18F51-CAC3-4A3C-B276-996D900D3FB7 (resized).jpeg (It does look pretty nice with all the lights on in our baby’s nursery, but then our little one can’t sleep and keeps us up all night…)

#583 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think I see your problem, you bought a knock off called Yot Yrots 4. That's your problem, you need to read the description before you click the buy button.

Too funny! Good one!!

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol. Oh with a Stern game that’s just a simple stuck ball but with a JJP game it’s a design flaw…I swear some people here still have it out for JJP. It all stems back to JJP making Stern pins look like Zizzles when they released WOZ, a few are still bitter for whatever reason.

Hmmm, “Stern’s look like Zizzles?” There you go again bashing and trolling Stern pins. Then we all play WOZ and quickly realize most all shots are straight up the middle, with the ball never touching most of the mechs. Then the ball gets lost all over the PF. Where did it go when it enters the right side? The lights are stunning first time seeing them, then you can’t figure out what to hit. Its best feature was price at $6500. I’ll take a chance on a TS4 CE at that price. Freak did get one at about that price, so good on you! TS4 shoots circles around WOZ.

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like you don’t know what you are talking about with WOZ either. Damn lol. I’m not even wasting my time debating with you, would be similar to debating with a rock.

6B79922B-D1CD-4F69-B0E1-963665F70AB7 (resized).jpeg6B79922B-D1CD-4F69-B0E1-963665F70AB7 (resized).jpeg
#611 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about when you say all of WOZ’s shots are up the middle and there’s nothing to the sides. What about the crystal ball VUK and Oz saucer shots to the sides? Then there’s multiple shots between both mini playfields. The ball doesn’t touch the mechs? Again what are you smoking? There’s the monkey mech, two mini playfields, magnets, etc. I’ve owned a WOZ ECLE since 2013 so don’t even waste your time posting your false comments, I’ll call out your crap every time just like with Toy Story.
Just stop Thunderbird. Please, for everyone’s mental health on this site just stop with your nonsense. Your hate for JJP is on display front and center.
Merry Christmas. *Mic drop.

AD206A1D-7961-4BB9-9FDB-22BC4432F09F.jpegAD206A1D-7961-4BB9-9FDB-22BC4432F09F.jpeg
1 month later
#652 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah I get those points. Regarding the theme once you are playing the game it feels like a generic Toy Story game versus just Toy Story 4, I still wish the first 3 films were incorporated with movie callouts from those. The custom Tim Allen and Annie Pots callouts help it feel more just about Toy Story in general.
High price? Yeah it is. I could sit here and say that Stern LE's are now $13k and typically come with less overall but there's really no point at these insane prices. The value argument is gone. The CE though does look beautiful though, one of the nicest pins I've seen in person with the extra features and substantial topper. There's still some NIB CE's out there at around $13k, that's probably the best "value" for a newer game with everything it comes with.
As for the code simplicity I would say Toy Story 4 has good depth and a more approachable objective based ruletset. I own some other deep JJP pins (Hobbit and WOZ) and find Toy Story 4's ruleset to offer plenty to do, just check out the rules diagram. I like that there's these 7 objectives, that can be done in any order, to attempt the wizard mode and then there's two paths within the wizard mode itself which also has multiple stages. I'm a decent player and have only lit I think 3 of the 7 mode inserts (I do have ball save turned off). Besides that there's still I think 6 multiballs and 11 carnival modes. The carnival modes and character multiball interact with each other in a way to add a good amount of depth as well. Plus there's the whole wheel award system and the objectives from that.
Hopefully JJP does add some more code though, as Zach from SDTM said it's an "easy" way to increase sales and value. Same goes for nearly every game.
[quoted image]

You are completely obsessed Freak buddy. Do you ever give your mind a rest from promoting TS4? Over and over you never stop, lol. Do yourself a favor in 2023 and take a long break. Your TS4 will still be there and most of us will still know it’s an extremely overpriced game about toys that has no toys in it, with quite shallow code to boot. Relax Freak, just kick back and enjoy your game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 16.95
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-was-wrong-about-toy-story-4-what-a-great-pin-initial-thoughts?tu=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.