20230105_053644_resized (resized).jpg
20230105_051859_resized (resized).jpg
20221222_134333 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1672847370712 (resized).jpg
0e94caf5161cc828aef630d14803f9f64b4c48e4 (resized).jpg
D029D37A-B27B-4080-996D-7B962A1D2C57 (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).jpg
768358 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 1 year ago

If owners love this game so much, why have so many tried to sell at a significant loss?

1 month later
#533 1 year ago

I finally played the game on location. I did not care for it. All these people saying they changed their minds when they played it... Not me. It's a $6,000 game in my opinion.

#574 1 year ago

I decided to try this game again today. I made the jump shot several times and then the ball had a weak jump and it got stuck. Then the game couldn't find the ball and then, as if programmed for this kind of failure, the game launched another ball after a while right after I stepped away from the game. No ball save on the unexpected ball launch. Game over due to design flaw. What a way to end a game! Can't say it left me wanting more.

20221221_145742.jpg20221221_145742.jpg
#586 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

How steep do you have the pitch? And do you know if the flipper strength is factory or up 2 or 3 notches? 3 ball searches and then it gives you a ball newbie.

I played it on location. I don't know what the settings are but they take care of their games so I'm guessing everything was dialed in.

#590 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I played a Godzilla premium on location that got a stuck ball. I guess it’s a terrible game now, same with the other dozen or so games I’ve played on location over the years that got a stuck ball.

It's only a criticism if the game launches the ball over areas where the ball can get stuck. I've had wonka for about a year. I've probably put 1000 games on it or more. I don't remember ever having a stuck ball.

I had a Houdini and the catapult never failed to hit the trunk in the back. If you're going to fly the ball through the air, you better make sure that feature is bulletproof.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

Most locations machines are not dialed in properly. With all manufacturers. Stern shooter rods are shorter and never align properly. I get the color shooter rods from pinball life. Here is a picture. You made the jump ramp easy because it's not steep enough.
[quoted image]

This location is called Revenge Of in Los Angeles. They have the best maintained location games I've ever seen. They have LEs and even an Elvira signature edition out. They know what they're doing. In fact, of all the games they had out (probably 20 or so), the only game out of order was their only Spooky pin, which really says a lot about how unreliable spooky pins are.

That said, I made the jump shot like 4 times before the failed shot, so it seemed set up just fine until it failed. I call it a design flaw.

#592 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Funny as I've had a Wonka for about a year and have had a stuck ball once or twice in maybe 300 plays. Everyone's experience is different. Is there now a design flaw in Wonka because of the stuck balls on my game? I've hit the jump ramp a good number of times on Toy Story, have never had an issue, not seeing anything in the owners thread either. There isn't a design flaw. Maybe the game wasn't leveled correctly, maybe it wasn't cleaned in x number of plays, maybe something with the mech needs to be adjusted or maybe just like with pinball a random stuck ball happens every once and a while lol. There's a ton of different reasons.
What you are trying to do is act as if there's now a design flaw based on a single on location stuck ball incident...Based on your previous comments about Toy Story it just comes across as another attempt to unfairly bash the game.

Unfairly? I played the game a handful of times. I didn't care for it. Maybe it's expectation bias, but I gave it a shot. I put money into it, I had low expectations, and I was still disappointed. Within a small amount of plays, the ball got stuck on a well-maintained and configured machine. You're clearly invested in this game. I don't have any skin in the game other than I wanted an awesome Toy Story game and they put this out instead. I was ready to order on day 1. Believe me... I wanted to like the game.

#604 1 year ago

You guys are misrepresenting my point. I said that a game that intentionally launches a ball through the air over areas where it can get stuck has to make the feature bulletproof, otherwise it's a design flaw. In my experience the fail rate was 20%. The shot worked four times before it failed. You can tell me that's not typical but that's my experience. Clearly it's vulnerable to failing because it has happened.

Whether or not other games are vulnerable to stuck balls is beside the point. I played a lot of other games at the location. I've played my own games for hundreds of hours. I've had a stuck ball maybe once. So I play this game three times and the ball gets stuck from a weak flip over the ramp. Are you guys really going to dispute the fact that jjp has weak flippers that tend to be even weaker at times depending on what's going on in the game? My Wonka has huge variations in flipper strength within games. If magnets or coils are activated, the flippers get weaker.

If you take the ramp shot while the flipper power is weaker, there's a good chance the jump will come up short like it did for me. Then the ball gets stuck. The weak flippers on my Wonka are annoying, but there's no feature sending the ball over an unplayable portion of the playfield so it's not game-breaking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-was-wrong-about-toy-story-4-what-a-great-pin-initial-thoughts?tu=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.