20230105_053644_resized (resized).jpg
20230105_051859_resized (resized).jpg
20221222_134333 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1672847370712 (resized).jpg
0e94caf5161cc828aef630d14803f9f64b4c48e4 (resized).jpg
D029D37A-B27B-4080-996D-7B962A1D2C57 (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).jpg
768358 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Toys / Mechs

Pop up jump ramp (not evening mentioning the entire landing area that is very well done with RGB lighting)
2 pop up Benson posts (very important to mention, don't forget this toy)
Spinning disk
Pop up character mech
Physical kickback (not virtual...)
Drop target
Physical ball lock
10" LCD

Other features

4 pop bumpers
JJP RGB hot rails

Screenshot 2022-12-14 093033 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-12-14 093033 (resized).jpg

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong.

I ate a lot of pizzas and ice cream during the pandemic so that works.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Hitting that jump ramp seems like such a non-event, and it's supposed to be the big thing. But at least you can get to the wizard mode during a fifteen minute cigarette break.

Of course it's a non event in that video, you can't even hear the game lol! I don't care how cool a toy is it's going to see lame when you can't even hear the audio from a poor audio recording at a bar with people screaming. My goodness.

Now check out the video below, where for one you can actually hear the audio, when Joe Katz hit's the Duke Kaboom shot a few times. Huge difference, very eventful. The video also shows JJP's attention to detail where the Duke Kaboom animation and audio changes each time the ramp is hit multiple times in a row.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

The primary colors do pop, but looking at that almost completely empty play field really says it all. Glad you’re happy with your purchase. A thread like this might help your resale value a little. Know you don’t like keeping shallow games for too long. Plus you’re a mech man and hate mechless games, so how long will TS4 stay for you?

Not sure what you mean by empty playfield. Did you see the points below I mentioned from the original post? Many of these items you can't see as they are under or flat on the playfield and then activate while in use. Also I don't find the game shallow at all, mentioned a few things about depth in the original post.

Toys / Mechs

Pop up jump ramp (not evening mentioning the entire landing area that is very well done with RGB lighting)
2 pop up Benson posts
Spinning disk
Pop up character mech
Drop target
Physical ball lock
10" LCD

Other features

4 pop bumpers
JJP RGB hot rails

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

They didn't purchase it, it was a trade.

Yeah, I traded a game with a good amount of value for the Toy Story. My thinking was my low play HUO Ghostbusters premium (no topper but lots of other mods) is worth $13k (maybe more, maybe less, just looked at market history), and a NIB Toy Story CE $13.5k - $14k so the trade was fair. I bought the Ghostbusters new back in 2017.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These threads always get weird.
Is a toy worth more money if it’s difficult?
I played the game at OBX tournament last weekend, and they “easily” made the game more difficult. Turn off ball save, remove a rubber or two, make settings more difficult.
My main complaint with the game is for all the rules, modes, and shots, the game really boils down to: shoot the left drop target, lock balls, multiball. That’s where ALL the points seemed to be.

Right, there's different ways both good and bad that a game can be either easy or hard. Is the wizard mode in Toy Story 4 easier to reach then say Somewhere over the Rainbow or There and Back Again in Hobbit? Yes. Which wizard mode appears far more enjoyable to play? Toy Story's as there's actually multiple stages to it, many unique animations, two different paths, etc. As I mentioned before more coding effort went into Toy Story's wizard then most pins where all the balls are just dumped onto the playfield and you hit random jackpot shots to little mode choreography. Getting to the Toy Story's wizard mode isn't easy either, just more doable then the Somewhere over the Rainnow and Valinor style wizard modes. I don't think that's bad thing when there's plenty else to do in the game with multiballs, collecting characters, 11 carnival modes, and of course the 7 objectives just to attempt the wizard mode.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

He listed posts as toys/mechs, lol.

I put pop up posts under a list as toys / mechs. The pop up posts are a mech so what's your point? We are not talking about stationary posts. There's items in your Avengers premium that may be considered mechs over toys so again I don't see your point other then as with CrazyLevi you are purposely trying to be rude.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Came here to check the JJP lovefest thread especially when I saw it was by Panzer. This pin is bad and when you have to list "drop target" and "pop up posts" under toys and mechs to make it look like it has a lot compared to modern pins? C'mon people, the game is not loaded and for a normal JJP game it still falls way short.

I was simply listing all the toys and mechs in the game, wow does that really upset all of the JJP haters off. Don't do as then their argument doesn't stick.

I would put all the mechs and toys in Toy Story 4 and say there's just more in it then Bond. A moving Bond on a stick toy, a vibrating rocket, and a vertical up kicker that goes through a plastic car. That's it, yup there's more in Toy Story.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

No I am saying that an argument for having lots of toys and mechs should never include posts. Think about that. Who cares about a moving post in a game. I don't like my AIQ for the toys and mechs but when you add posts to a list of toys and mechs, like CrazyLevi said, it looks desperate. No one is trying to be rude here just telling you, these types of comments don't do for the game what you think it does. It makes the game look silly or worse to some.

People care about things that move and interactive with the ball in a pinball machine. I was simply listing pop up posts under toys / mechs. It's a mechanical feature of the game. There's a few people on here that don't want those items to be discussed as it goes against their argument of "There's no mechs in Toy Story" which is completely false.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

correction: steaming pile of flop with FOUR pops and TWO moving posts!!
There’s also a real (NOT VIRTUAL!) kickback!!

I know Crazy, isn't a real kickback something? It must surprise you that your precious do not wrong Stern hasn't used one in a while. Do you think Stern could actually put a real kickback in a game again instead of cheapening out with virtual kickbacks?

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

But at that point, so are flippers and slings. Up posts don't move the needle for anyone.

No, flippers and slings are standard items in a game. How many games have non standard pop up posts in the middle of the playfield that are used with a jump ramp and others modes? Again it's not a standard item as with flippers, slings, standup targets, etc.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My Rush cost me $6,000. I don’t give a fuck if it has a “real” kickback lol.
Your list is pathetic. It’s a $12,000 game.
And When I’m sick of rush, I’ll just trade it for some other $6,000 stern pro without a kickback (just like I traded an AIQ for this) while you are stuck with a boat anchor.

There's plenty of other items in the game, both feature, mech and software wise then a real kickback. Also, you may want to ask yourself what you are getting for $7k with a NIB Stern pro. When there's not much in the game other then ramps and orbits I wouldn't exactly be bragging about having "only" spent $6k. Pricing is crazy across all models from both Stern and JJP. The days of the old value argument are pretty much gone.

On a side note what is with your need to be consistently so rude to other Pinsiders? Why can't you just let people enjoy a game and praise it without attacking them? Good luck selling your Avengers, I would never deal with buying a game from someone who is so condescending and rude to fellow Pinside members. Be nice

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Does he realize he is arguing for raising posts as being cool/good? At the end of the day it's a frigging POST!

Dude, I simply listed the pop up posts under toys / mechs, that's it lol. I know they are not some major feature. Also, it's not a standup post, please understand that

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

See the original post that is the original argument. Like I said and others have tried to point out you are reaching when you have to include a raising and lowering post, regardless of any other functions they may have, and then make an argument about lack of things in Stern machines you look/sound ridiculous. Then to move on to a kickback like that is an amazing feature of the game? You are stretching to make this game sound amazing and it's not working. If you can't see that I am sorry. I am glad you like the game but it isn't packed.

I never said pop up posts or a kickback are amazing features, they were just on a list with other features on the game. All I was trying to do was say that as a whole the game actually has a decent amount going on toy and mech wise. Is Toy Story 4 some ultra loaded game? No, I know that but at the same time it isn't anywhere close to the bare game that some people on here make it out to be. That's it.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Panzer was doing just fine before he started to go coil counting.
Why can't he just say he likes the game, and say why? Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and if you think Toy Story is super fun to play, hey, good for you, enjoy it. That's what pinball is supposed to be all about.
But going all in on that list just made it all look kind of sad. I know it's his instinct to endlessly harp on "toys" and "features;" 10 years of nonstop JJP toadery will do that, and it's all he's ever brought to any game discussion. But it's a losing fight on this one. You aren't winning any "comparison" arguments these days by touting all of the toys, mechs, etc. that you are finding on the last few JJP releases.
You have to change your strategy depending on your battle, any great general will tell you that!

You are lying through your teeth about everything you wrote. Better read your own reply again. If you and others are allowed to go on and on about why you hate the game then you need to also be cool with others saying why they enjoy it.

Crazy, I made a thread saying what I liked about the game as I too was very down on the game at first, until I actually played and now own one. I wasn't going into a coil counting debate so just stop, I never mentioned anything about coil counts. I simply listed toys / mechs and how most of them are under the playfield when not in use which does make the game appear a bit empty compared to when they are used. That's it Crazy, why do you have to attack and insult me over that?

Your attacks on me and other Pinsiders are not just limited to this thread. I remember when you pulled this same crap when I was simply mentioning how part of the reason I enjoy the Hobbit so much is because my Uncle and I, who I mentioned has since passed way, saw all the movies together. You went low then just as you are doing now. Again LOW and now you are trying to spread more lies.

I don't care about winning any arguments as I know yourself and a few others on here will never like JJP games and clearly hate the company. It's the same old crap from you and those few others for years. This thread was made to provide some thoughts about enjoying a pinball machine and of course you had to come in here and be rude.

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Give me a fucking break with this stuff Panzer. I'm not "attacking" you personally, nor am I doing anything particularly rude. You've been calling me a "stern fanboy" and worse for years so stop pretending your shit don't stink.
Stop being a snowflake. You are making a silly argument and I'm calling you out on it. I'm not the one who decided to hinge my entire existence on JJP's high coil counts.

Yes you are attacking me personally. You are not calling me out on anything Crazy as I never once mentioned a thing about coil counts. I listed features of the game for the purpose of realizing that most of the toys and mechs in Toy Story are under the playfield. That's it! Why do you have to keep going on about this?

Also, I've bought multiple NIB Stern's over the years so your argument again holds no merit. Stern makes fun pinball machines and I'll continue to buying them.

Finally, not did I once say why Toy Story 4 is worth $12k - $15k. As I mentioned multiple times the days of value comparing are long gone as these NIB from both Stern and JJP have reached insanity levels.

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man, dragging your dead uncle into this, once again, is FUCKING LOW.
If I'm ever that desperate to "win" a pinside argument, somebody shoot me.

No, what is low is you not allowing someone to simply praise a pinball machine after they mentioned how my uncle and I saw and enjoyed the movies together. You couldn't help yourself then and had to be condescending and rude just as you are now. That's low.

#140 1 year ago

Crazy and I are out of Pinside jail. We need to talk about toys and mechs for this game as a select few are clearly just trying to do a smear campaign against this pin.

The people that despise Toy Story and or JJP keep saying that Toy Story has no toys. This is completely false. I'll post my original list once again, the same list Kaneda copied and pasted to say that Toy Story has no toys...A pop up jump ramp is a toy, the spinning disk is a toy, the pop up character mech is a toy. Now any toy may also be considered a mech if it moves, that's why I listed the items below as toys / mechs. The 10" LCD like it or not is a toy as its interacts with the player to provide rules, animations, and isn't just slapped on there but presented in a powder coated bezel with RGB LED's surrounding it. People for years have listed the mini LCD's Hobbit, Ghostbusters, and Star Wars as toys so I'm sorry even if you dislike Toy Story pinball the 10" LCD is a toy. If you say the spinning disk in Whirlwind, TMNT, Xmen, and JJP Pirates is a toy then yes the spinning disk in Toy Story is also a toy.

As for the two pop up Benson posts they are not stationary posts, they are in the middle of the game and interact with the jump ramp as well as game modes. Did I list the other two slightly different style pop up posts to stop and lock balls on the left side of the playfield? No as that's a minor item, same goes for standard items on a pin such as spinners which I didn't mention. Speaking of spinners, if you say Toy Story has no toys then don't go bragging in Stern threads about spinners on a game being a toy, can't have it both ways.

Toys / Mechs

2 pop up Benson posts
Spinning disk
Pop up character mech
Drop target
Physical ball lock
10" LCD

Other features

4 pop bumpers
JJP RGB hot rails

Crazy, just have to say I'm glad Toy Story 4 has a physical ball lock, something you mentioned as a relic of the past. More games should have physical ball locks, a good number of modern Stern's do which is great to see.

lock (resized).jpglock (resized).jpg

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'll be interested to see if the people who are saying TS4 is overpriced , will be in the James Bond SLE thread saying the same thing about a game that's twice the price with no ramps

You won't, the usual JJP bashers won't criticize Stern's actions for charging $13k for Bond LE which is when you will see their bias. That's been going on for years here with past titles. Same goes for Bond 60th which will likely have minimal mechs / toys and cost a fortune, that's fine too.

I won't defend JJP's pricing as it's out of control as well. Some people are suggesting I'm price pumping to sell the game or something but I traded a Stern Ghostbusters premium for a Toy Story CE simply because I wanted something new and as with Ghostbusters plan to keep Toy Story for years. There's no value argument to be made anymore as pricing has reached insanity levels from both companies.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have zero interest in engaging with someone who takes every comment about a pinball machine as a personal attack or an affront to the memory of a dead relative.
He’s all yours folks!

Crazy, this will be my last reply ever to you. You did make things personal, just read your comments below. While I may disagree with opinions I'll never insult someone or make up false statements about them. Just try being nicer to people. Goodbye.

"I know it's his instinct to endlessly harp on "toys" and "features;" 10 years of nonstop JJP toadery will do that, and it's all he's ever brought to any game discussion."

"correction: steaming pile of flop with FOUR pops and TWO moving posts"

"Your list is pathetic. It’s a $12,000 game."

"I’ll just trade it for some other $6,000 stern pro without a kickback (just like I traded an AIQ for this) while you are stuck with a boat anchor."

"Man, dragging your dead uncle into this, once again, is FUCKING LOW."

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

at the end of the day, if you enjoy those features - that's great.
There is no official "pinball toy" definition so ... if those meet your definition and float your boat.. mazel tov and enjoy your game
but ... I think most people were looking for some stand out center piece the ball would interact with that immediately makes you want to hit start to watch the ball go through it - Godzilla has many ... I honestly don't see any in TS4 (maybe the ramp shot, but it's just not that compelling to me). I don't think you are going to convince anyone that doesn't already see it like you do ... but who cares. You gave your honest review from your perspective and said you love it .... so again ... just enjoy.

Yup. Godzilla is awesome, may consider trading or selling Hobbit for one.

#151 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Not a good analogy…there are TWO SEPARATE & INDEPENDENT BENSON POSTS…the Aerosmith Toybox is just ONE SINGLE THING…2 > 1…it’s basic arithmetic….

Exactly, the two Benson pop up posts and the jump ramp are separate mechs...or should I say toys and really upset someone?!

#152 1 year ago

Some thoughts on rules.

As a fan of deep rules I've been enjoying Toy Story 4's ruleset. It's nice having a game where there's a set of clearly laid out objective (7 scenes in this case) that can be played / completed in any order. The 7 scenes to light the wizard mode are no easy task and I say that as a decent to average pinball player. I think I've only completed one or two scenes so far. On my game I've turned down the unlimited kickback setting and disabled ball save to increase the challenge but I'm not sure if that's needed long term, will see. Besides the 7 modes there's a ton of other stuff to do such as playing through 11 carnival modes, earning wheel awards (mini wizard more for that) and 6 multiball modes. The 10" LCD does come in handy for all modes and is easier to reference while playing the game versus looking up at the main display.

As for the wizard mode I learned today in the owners thread some details about the Buzz and Woody path's. Apparently once the 7 scenes are played you can choose what wizard mode path you want to play, either Buzz or Woody. As previously mentioned there's multiple stages for the wizard mode but I'll wait to see those for myself one day as I don't want to spoil anything. Going after the second wizard path increases the difficulty of the 7 scenes.

Overall I'm enjoying the ruleset more in Toy Story then some of my other JJP pins including Wonka and GNR. The rulesets in those games are fun but there's just something about how everything is so open, approachable, and having goals clearly laid out on the 10" LCD that is giving the ruleset in Toy Story the edge. If there's anything I would change with the game software wise at this point it would be the repetitive and too laid back song that plays during some carnival modes (just use it for one or two modes, create others) and adding a second mini wizard mode for completing a certain number or all carnival modes.

203-toy-story-4 (resized).jpg203-toy-story-4 (resized).jpg

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

How do you “select” the Wizard mode path?

Here's the details from explosiveegg in the owners thread. Sounds cool how there's two paths and that the player is given a choice of which one to play.

rules (resized).jpgrules (resized).jpg

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I had to sell my Hobbit to get GNR , if I had the money it would not have gone anywhere , absolutely brilliant game .

Quoted from Doctor6:

Man don't do that. Hobbit is so good. Wish i hadn't traded mine away.

Quoted from Noma2017:

I traded my Hobbit away to make room for Godzilla and TS4. While I wouldn’t trade out one of those machines to get it back, I do miss Hobbit and want to own it again.

Thanks. Well I think I'll be keeping the Hobbit lol. It is a fun game with one hell of a deep ruleset.

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

You're right. That's what makes the TS4 jump ramp such a non-event. It just leads to a big hole in the back, you can't miss it. So it's like a regular ramp, it does the same thing every time you hit it. That's what made the NGG jump ramp shot so infinitely superior, you could get the rare hole-in-one, you could bash the golf cart on the side, or miss them both with lots of kooky ball action.

You are really reaching just to bash this game lol. You can miss the hole in the back as you first have to make the jump ramp shot, plus there are misses on the ramp where the ball falls off of it. Do you want the ball to go flying off and break something on a $12k - $15k game? I don't lol. The TS4 jump ramp is an event with multiple sounds, animations, and even topper integration on the CE. I'm finding the shot rather challenging to even hit, you have little time to even make the shot and get only one chance to do so. Plus the entire landing area is great with the RGB lit sign. It's a very satisfying shot to attempt to make IMO.

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Well said. You take the NGG layout, severely dumb-down and cost-reduce the playfield, then smother it in rainbow lights and an LCD screen that looks like someone left it there accidentally when they had the glass off. Then charge 12k-15k. Although, once again, the graphic art on the sides of the cabinet and the printed colors are stunningly good. Definitely a top title in cabinet art.

Lol wrong once again! Loving Toy Story 4, what a blast, including the amazing jump ramp with Benson posts It turns out that a jump ramp combined with modern RGB lighting, sounds, and HD 3D animations is really satisfying.

1325DE6D-9342-4651-A0B3-9C9CE8FD8C8C.gif1325DE6D-9342-4651-A0B3-9C9CE8FD8C8C.gif

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

But not nearly as satisfying as the last time Lawlor did it on a 3K NGG. On that game, you had three distinct outcomes, I think… the awesome hole-in-one, blasting the golf cart, or a total miss where the ball would simply roll back off the plexiglass upper playfield.

Oh that’s fine, as I said modern RGB lighting, high quality audio, actual HD 3D animations, and two Benson posts make it one hell of a satisfying shot. The landing area is nice too which also features RGB lighting. Thankfully Toy Story has multiple other features and a modern day ruleset, animations, etc that IMO blows NGG out of the water.

#189 1 year ago

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I’m very thankfully for all of the toys and mechs below on Toy Story lol.

2 pop up Benson posts
Spinning disk
Pop up character mech
Drop target
Physical ball lock
10" LCD
Other features
4 pop bumpers
JJP RGB hot rails

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

You left off shooter rod

We save that for the Stern threads along with “Dual action super spinner with 3D rotation”.

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Dude, in fairness you were about to call the place where the ball lands a toy.

Nah that was never in my original list. I think that landing area with the RGB lighting is just cool, more of a feature if even that than a toy. Keep trying to make stuff up though!

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This is definitely a reverse JJP troll thread. I remember well reading Freaks posts about how TS4 had no “toys” in the game and how upset he was that a game about toys had no toys. Plus he was incensed JJP was charging such outrageous prices for it too. Guess views tend to change when someone becomes an owner through a trade, lol. Would suggest the guy that got his GB, might have gotten a steal of a deal. GB is loaded with actual toys after all.

ThunderTurd I was just making a thread to honestly compliment the game and say how I was wrong about a number of things. It’s easy to bash a game when all you look at are pictures and even play it on location where at the time I could barely hear it.

I’m more then happy with my trade What’s odd is you were actual decent to me in the TMNT owners thread but once its a JJP thread you are back to your old ways.

#207 1 year ago

My goodness this thread has been great to see a select few have an absolute meltdown over someone saying why they enjoy a game. Just damn lol.

Only a JJP thread does this ever happen in. A thread to bash a game is fine but compliment it? Oh no you don’t. Thank goodness for the ignore feature.

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

"Pop up jump ramp (not evening mentioning the entire landing area that is very well done with RGB lighting)"
That's literally what you said.

Yeah so? The landing area is well done and detailed IMO. Are you that bored that you have to try arguing about every little thing I say and even make up comments that I never said?

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

We can all agree JJP is horrible. Now let’s hug it out.
[quoted image][quoted image]

and there it is!

This thread has once again brought the worst of the worst JJP haters out. It’s one thing to offer criticism but then another to relentlessly bash someone’s opinion and be insulting. Not surprised though.

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Indeed. Complete mic drop. JJP released a toyless Toy Story, a franchise about toys....and also ignored the Toy Story movies people wanted most.[quoted image]

A jump ramp is a toy, a spinning disk is a toy, a pop up character mech is a toy. Other items such as the Benson posts, physical ball lock, kickback, and the new 10” LCD can fall under features. They are part of the game so deal with it. You can keep acting as if they don’t exist but that won’t change reality lol. Now there’s a mic drop for a ya

Also, why are most of your posts in threads bashing JJP games? Hmmm.

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

How does this outshine Bond? If you like bond at all you owe it to yourself to put some time on one. It plays like a demon and just needs further code to become an all time great.

I mean Bond is pretty bad now as it’s on what .50 code? I sure hope it does it improve but Stern should be embarrassed with the state they released the game in. There’s also no guarantee how good the code will actually be. Godzilla was much further along code wise at launch. No matter what someone’s opinion is on Toy Story the code was pretty much complete at launch which is nice to see. JJP has been releasing games with more complete code for a few years now.

In terms of mechs and toys for Bond there’s a vibrating rocket, the moving Bond on a stick (probably the best toy in the game), and a VUK that goes through a car roof. Toy Story while no Godzilla or WOZ in terms of mechs at least has more IMO compared to Bond.

#244 1 year ago

I see that Kaneda is now trying to publicly mock me on his Facebook page... I’ve been a supporter of his Patreon for months but will now cancel. Also stepping away from Pinside after receiving personal attacks. All over creating a thread to say why I like a game after I initially didn’t. I don’t need to deal with this, have enough going on in my life including two family members with terminal illnesses. For those that did offer constructive feedback and criticism thank you. I know it’s only a select few that ruin things.

Also, if you are reading this Kaneda I listed pop up posts under toys / mechs. Those are the two pop up Benson posts next to the jump ramp, not stationary posts or the two other pop up posts on the game that I didn’t list.

2 weeks later
#471 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

This belongs here. Gonna miss this thread when it dies down...[quoted image]

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Not a chance of being close. TS4 is almost empty with a $10 screen covering that back 1/3 of the PF and a cheaper subpar license from the TS franchise. Hence the real reason JJP chose it instead of 1-3. Spooky’s BOM is obviously much greater, as it has actual mechs all over the place and is a widebody. TS4 has almost none of that.

hello (resized).jpghello (resized).jpg

I want to thank you both for keeping this thread alive and well in my absence with some of the best trolling Pinside has seen in years. You guys kept the false truths, putdowns, and more up over these past two weeks and I commend you both for it. I mean Thunderbird you even said while I was gone that I bought Toy Story 4 CE just to sell like my other JJP pins. I've bought every JJP pin, have only sold Dialed In and Pirates and today own 5 JJP's but I mean yeah that's another excellent troll comment. Congratulations, here is a special certificate for you both!

With that being said I'll be posting a new Toy Story 30 day review thread soon, trigger warning a list of toys and mechs will likely be included. Also, what are the toys on Scooby Doo? You can't say a spinning disk, and jump ramp are not toys and at the same time say a plastic vibrating bobble head and ball locks are toys lol. I see what what you guys are doing Again great work, bravo for a great performance, keep it going!

Now I need to get back to playing some Toy Story 4 in my new custom PanzerFreak flip flops made by Kaneda himself, very comfy.

Cert_1 (resized).jpgCert_1 (resized).jpg
cert_2 (resized).jpgcert_2 (resized).jpg

#474 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wussssup Freak! Only seems like a minute.

Lol thank you!

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Glad you're back Panzer

Thank you. I certainty missed Pinside with the time away but it was needed.

#476 1 year ago

I know I'm asking for it but my original list of toys / mechs has been re-added to the first post.

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For all the other valid reasons to complain about TS4, I do not understand the "giant iPad" complaints.
All JJP games have a second screen, and it's almost always delivering useful gameplay information.

Yeah, I get the complaints about it as it takes up an area that is usually reserved for a larger mech on a pin. At these prices I would much rather have a mech in the display area but like you said the display does a good job of providing useful gameplay information. In Toy Story the "mini" display size is used well in that there are many custom animations that interact with the modes. For example one carnival mode has the player popping balloons that match up to shots and the entire display is filled with them, they pop as you make the shots, etc.

#486 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

It's really the size and the position. It looks like someone left it under there when they had the glass off, like they were listening to podcasts and just forgot about it. Also, it's a cheapie substitute for what we play pinball for: physical pinball design, ball paths and targets and such. Look at the upper-left of GZ: that magnet, bridge, etc. Look at the upper-left of Scooby-Doo - a whole other playfield. And TS4 just has....a cheap screen at a lopsided angle. What would have been cool (and totally justified by the high price) would have been a screen that the pinball can roll on and be tracked by, a'la P3.
But the real problem is the price. What Scooby-Doo offers in terms of toys, mechs, innovation, license-handling, etc. kicks the stuffing out of TS4 - and at a lower price tag. Just seeing Scooby raise his head out of the barrel - and TS4 couldn't manage one mech like that at its inflated price? Pshaw.

You are so right my trolling friend, I can’t believe I didn’t see it before. I’ve seen the light! I’m burning my Toy Story 4 CE tonight as firewood! Thank you for the valuable insight after seeing Scooby Doo in person and playing it.

The plastic Scooby Doo head is a toy but a pop up ramp with two raising posts is nothing. I got it! I understand! Toy Story 4 is firewood tonight. Hell I’m going to go run over the CE topper with my truck right now.

#498 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So they couldn't manage one Mech like that ?

LOL! That gave me a good laugh.

#501 1 year ago

For m00npuppet, Thunderbird, and Kaneda

pcituire (resized).jpgpcituire (resized).jpg

#505 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

do the benson posts have switches on them? if i hit one when attempting the ramp they drop like they do

I'm not sure, maybe. From what I've seen every time the jump ramp is activated the Benson posts go up. There is a Benson mode where the posts activate independently and I believe drop from a ball hit.

#507 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

It was a cute response (especially love that BTTF reference), but folks know what I meant. TS4 is littered with bulk cake toppers off of AliBaba or somewhere. Scooby Doo has custom sculpts, one of which comes to life (Scoob in the barrel). Toy Story was a movie about toys coming to life, so...you know...in a $12k/$15k pinball machine, woulda been nice to have toys that weren't meant to just stand there in cake frosting.

There’s multiple toys and mechs in Toy Story, you just refuse to acknowledge them and instead focus on a one inch plastic Scooby Doo in a barrel toy that doesn’t interact with the ball.

You can’t sit here and ignore the Gabby Gabby mech (that actually interacts with the ball and is substantially larger then the Scooby barrel toy you mentioned), the spinning wheel, the jump ramp, etc and yet tout Scooby Do as being some crazy loaded game. That type of reasoning just doesn’t make sense.

I agree that the cake toppers are stupid considering the price of the game. I would much rather have preferred a few higher quality custom molds in the game. For representing the characters they are fine though, it’s similar to the figures stuck around LOTR. It would be easier to stomach if the price of the game was $11k / $13k depending on the model.

In regards to comparing a JJP game to a Spooky game I would say they are in entirely different categories. JJP’s are generally higher quality, feature far more advanced tech, have higher quality animations, significantly more software / code, and overall have better playfield designs. These are just my opinions and I know everyone will not agree. There’s a reason JJP’s cost more in my mind. Hell they hired Tim Allen, Annie Potts, and Tom Hanks brother to do custom callouts for Toy Story 4. I wouldn’t be surprised if the licensing and software development costs for Toy Story 4 is at least several times that of Scooby Doo’s. All of those items add to a cost of a game.

Also, I wouldn’t count your chickens before they hatch considering how Spookys last two releases went. Hopefully the game turns out great and plays well. It looks cool.

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Collection-shaming is one of the worst parts of this hobby. Space, money, family situations, sound insulation, wet basements, too tight stairways, the wife, there may already some great local places, landlords… etc are just some of many reasons people may not have a collection. I mean I’m not stupid enough to have gotten married, but more than half the reasons I just listed prevented me at one point or another from starting my collection. Don’t shame others just because these issues may not apply to you, and their opinion can still be valid.

I agree it’s not cool to do. However, there are a few people on here that don’t own any pins and yet they love to trash others games that people bought. At that point it’s fair game to provide some criticism.

As others have said there’s often more credibility given to people who actually buy games and then voice their opinions versus those who don’t and then just bash.

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Had completely forgotten about this thread and now you resurrect it again, lol!
[quoted image]
Hooray! Our buddy Freak is back!! So happy, as you were the creator and star of this ultimate trollers show, making it such fun!!! We award you the best troller of all time award, topping any of our efforts.
[quoted image]In keeping with the “kiddie” theme of TS4, we picked out a certificate befitting childish trollers everywhere, . Glad you’re back! We missed you!!

You are too late, nice try though

#540 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well stated! We really saw how overpriced TS4 CE is, after the release of another CE pinball game Scooby Doo with many more features at a mere $5,231.00 less than JJPs outright fleecing with an almost empty PF no less.

Hope it’s better than Halloween and Ultra Man which seem fairly loaded. Remember what happened there?

What exactly are these many more features you speak of? Not seeing them. Keep trying Scooby looks cool but you can’t tout its features and then ignore everything, including code and software design, on Toy Story…it shows your bias.

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Do remember what happened with HWN/ULtra, since I made a non-refundable deposit. They are not “fairly loaded” at all; name the mechs they have??? Not bias, as JJP does code most of their machines fairly deeply, but TS4 is the exception, being quite shallow. You’re right, we haven’t seen code/software design on SD yet. SD is being programmed by a total newbie, so that remains to be discovered.

There's a lot in Halloween and Ultra Man, multiple upper playfields, those two mechs that raise the balls to the flippers, drop targets, 4 ramps, and multiple 3D molds. If those two games are loaded then then why are they not universally acclaimed and soaring in value? I've only played an Ultra Man and actually enjoyed it.

Toy's Story's ruleset is IMO deeper (and more enjoyable) then Guns n Roses which I also own. How can that be when Guns n Roses has 20+ song modes? The modes in Toy Story 4 are all fairly unique, there's 7 approachable yet challenging tasks to attempt the wizard mode, there's 11 carnival modes, there's 6 multiball modes with various depth (Carnival multiball), most of the modes are more objective based then those in Guns n Roses which pretty much all play the same (besides the album modes), and there's two paths to the wizard mode which features multiple stages and a variety of custom animations. Does that sound shallow to you? Probably yes as you have a personal vendetta against the game lol but for the majority of the rest of the pinball community no. I'm sure some will disagree with my reasons, totally cool of course, but these are just my opinions.

Also, I know you enjoy TMNT as you post in the owners thread (where you acted completely different and were actually decent to others). I owned a TMNT Premium for over a year and while that game is deep I would say that Toy Story is the deeper game (reasons above) IMO.

You can stop the act and charades anytime now. Everyone knows what you and Muppet have been doing by now, it's over.

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

We need only look to our thread leaders words….
[quoted image]

Did you not see the name of this thread? It's titled "I was wrong about Toy Story 4, what a great pin". You can post all day long what I said about the game before I saw it in person, before I played it in a setting where it was setup properly, and when I played a game or two in a setting where it was hard to hear everything going on. My comments on the ruleset at the time were based on what others said who didn't even play the game lol, how could I honestly say the ruleset is shallow when I didn't even give the game a chance? Again...I was wrong.

I honesty don't know what you are trying to do at this point. This thread is an example that you can't really judge a game before you play it. It's easy to bash a game based on pictures and YouTube videos alone which is what I did. Same thing happens all the time with other games, it's not good to do. Others will still dislike a pin even after they played it which is normal. Is Toy Story 4 the greatest pin or hell even in the top 10 pins ever made? No but do I find it fun? Yes, that's all I've been trying to say this entire time.

Again the name of this thread is "I was wrong about Toy Story 4, what a great pin"...So what's your point?

#547 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well one point we both agree, TS4 is fun to play a few times at an arcade spending at most a couple of twenty's. Home ownership at $16,500.00 with tax and shipping, is the real question here….
[quoted image] At that extremely high price, Clip Clip is a flip flop. (Or maybe PanzerFreak is the flip flop? Lol, love your new shoes. They’re so stylish! Glad you have a pair…
[quoted image]

A lot of people don’t pay sales tax and then maybe $200 - $300 for shipping right? For some reason you love to to tack these values on for JJP pins but then forget them for all other titles as if they are excluded. That behavior is trollish lol, can’t have it both ways.

This thread for me was never really about value, I made a trade for the game that both the seller and I thought was fair. The value argument is hard to make today due to insane pricing. I’ve mentioned a few times though how I think Toy Story 4 is over priced. Same now goes for Stern LE’s at $13k. Pricing is just nuts across the board. We can’t play the game anymore either of “Oh Stern charges $13k, so JJP needs to charge more” or vice versa as that’s what got us here in the first place.

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

It's just weird how bad-decision history repeats itself. Remember how Lawlor's first JJP title was going to be called Chaos in Quantum City? And it was going to be about survivng big blockbuster disatsers? Then, for some undogdly reason, they named it Dialed In and gave everyone the impression it was a pin about cell phones.
Now they have the Toy Story license, basically like printing money (especially at those inflated prices) - and they go with Toy Story 4's nocturnal carnival scenes as the ENTIRE pin. A jump ramp that just screams a Buzz Lightyear liftoff, and instead it's for a Canadian motorcycle character that no one remembers. There have to be people inside JJP who were staring in horror at the "ignore Toy Story 1-3" decision being made, but were powerless to stop it. Maybe one day we'll get to hear who bulldozed the obvious...

You have some very odd views. Are you, Thunderbird, and that JimWet guy all really Kaneda and using a VPN to post?

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

One of these will cost you thousands more...[quoted image]

Lol good troll attempt. Have you seen and played Scooby Doo? Scooby looks decent so far (want to play one once available) but JJP's are on another level IMO (not just mechs / toy but code, animations, sound, etc). I would be thrilled if Spooky proved me wrong with this release, Ultra Man and Halloween sure didn't...

To be fair you are posting a picture of an upper playfield with a vibrating plastic bobble head and then comparing it to just the playfield LCD in Toy Story. What are the other features in Scooby besides the vibrating plastic head and drop targets? There's the 1" Scooby toy that pops up and doesn't interact with the ball. How does the code, animation quality, audio, and ruleset design compare to JJP pins? That's part of what you are paying for as well. Is the topper as substantial and interactive as the one in Toy Story? There's a lot that goes into a pinball machine and it's cost which of course you don't mention as you are simply trolling. Scooby does have some nice custom 3D molds, wish Toy Story had those (it should considering the price).

Here's a picture for you featuring 4 separate mechs. Let's call it Pinball for your case That 10" LCD is really useful though. For the Pinside record I wouldn't pay $15k today for Toy Story CE or any pin (or $13k for a Stern LE), JJP missed the mark a bit on pricing with this one. Scooby looks like a good amount of game for the price.

Duke-Caboom-Ramp (resized).jpgDuke-Caboom-Ramp (resized).jpg

#560 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Too comical Freak buddy, you’re referring to 2 posts, as 2 separate mechs. Never have heard of posts being labeled as mechs before. This is a first. It’s even comical you’re calling a 2x2 piece of plastic flap a mech. It’s part of the lane and no more a mech than the simple JP jump lane at the back of JP homepin Jack D designed into the layout. Quite similar to what Pat’s done on the super simple piece of plastic with Duke sticker, in the lane the ball rolls over. But do agree both Stern and JJP have priced themselves out of the market on most future pins, unless they actually give more like they did on LOTR, WOZ or our TMNTs.

My goodness you have lost it if you are down playing the jump ramp, ridiculous and once again shows your trollish behavior. You honestly don’t even know how a jump ramp works and what’s involved to make such a device work. I don’t think you even know what you are talking about anymore lol. Please seek help.

As for the posts they move with solenoids, it’s a mech, sorry deal with it There’s a couple others in the game off to the side but I didn’t mention those…

#561 1 year ago

Here’s your the “jump ramp” you are talking about in Jurassic Park home edition…An orbit where the ball falls off a 2” inch gap to the rest of the orbit…There’s no mech or anything involved lol.

Again please seek help, you’ve gone off the deep end. Thank you so much for posting those comments LOL.

FEC4A663-36CB-4174-96AE-7C6B4374C9A0 (resized).jpegFEC4A663-36CB-4174-96AE-7C6B4374C9A0 (resized).jpeg
ECA1A442-EA0D-4259-AE6E-AA92B85AC4CE (resized).jpegECA1A442-EA0D-4259-AE6E-AA92B85AC4CE (resized).jpeg

#564 1 year ago

My doctor has advised me to stop responding to you two for my own health. With that I leave you with this.

Please vote

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#575 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I think TS4 will go down in history as the pin that finally convinced JJP that there are always folks who will pay a lot more for a lot less. Such a sad way for Lawlor to go out...[quoted image]

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Moonmuppet, one of the best memes ever! Lol (so right on point with how sad TS4 really is.)
Thanks again Freak for a discussion that proves all TS4 counter points so well! You’ve done a fine service for us all by saving our pocket books from tragedy!!

Do either of you own any pins or do you take the JimWet approach and try to $hit on everyone else’s purchases (primarily JJP’s)? Generally curious as that’s how your comments come across.

Keep trying with the troll attempts though Really good efforts, you may get a Twipy troll of the year award for it. Troll brothers for life! This one is going to be close.

fdfdf (resized).jpgfdfdf (resized).jpg

#579 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I think TS4 will go down in history as the pin that finally convinced JJP that there are always folks who will pay a lot more for a lot less. Such a sad way for Lawlor to go out...[quoted image]

Once again you are taking the primary toy in one game, one with very little code and that hasn't been implemented since Road Show, and comparing it to a rather basic secondary feature on a modern game? Again, everyone see's what you are doing. Of course you didn't mention anything else Toy Story has. Funhouse has Rudy, the trap door and...that's it. Oh a basic ruleset, forgot that. It's a fun classic game (I enjoy playing it on my VPIN) but not really comparable to a modern pin with multiple features, lighting advancements, significantly deeper code, etc. Another good troll attempt.

What did Toy Story do to you and Thunderbird? Is there something you are not telling us? Did you secretly buy one and it landed on you while bringing it down the basement?

#582 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Okay Freak, the jig is up, I purchased a TS4 for my baby’s nursery and 11 year old daughter to play. But since there’s not much in the game to keep them entertained, our baby hates the casino sounds and my daughter is bored out of her mind. Now I can’t get rid of it, unless I’m willing to take a friends pity offer of $6k for a $15k CE. He’s told me over and over there’s not much more there than a used pro, hence the fair price offer of $6k. What would you do Freak, if you were me?
[quoted image] (It does look pretty nice with all the lights on in our baby’s nursery, but then our little one can’t sleep and keeps us up all night…)

I think I see your problem, you bought a knock off called Yot Yrots 4. That's your problem, you need to read the description before you click the buy button.

#589 1 year ago

I played a Godzilla premium on location that got a stuck ball. I guess it’s a terrible game now, same with the other dozen or so games I’ve played on location over the years that got a stuck ball.

#591 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's only a criticism if the game launches the ball over areas where the ball can get stuck. I've had wonka for about a year. I've probably put 1000 games on it or more. I don't remember ever having a stuck ball.
I had a Houdini and the catapult never failed to hit the trunk in the back. If you're going to fly the ball through the air, you better make sure that feature is bulletproof.

This location is called Revenge Of in Los Angeles. They have the best maintained location games I've ever seen. They have LEs and even an Elvira signature edition out. They know what they're doing. In fact, of all the games they had out (probably 20 or so), the only game out of order was their only Spooky pin, which really says a lot about how unreliable spooky pins are.
That said, I made the jump shot like 4 times before the failed shot, so it seemed set up just fine until it failed. I call it a design flaw.

Funny as I've had a Wonka for about a year and have had a stuck ball once or twice in maybe 300 plays. Everyone's experience is different. Is there now a design flaw in Wonka because of the stuck balls on my game? I've hit the jump ramp a good number of times on Toy Story, have never had an issue, not seeing anything in the owners thread either. There isn't a design flaw. Maybe the game wasn't leveled correctly, maybe it wasn't cleaned in x number of plays, maybe something with the mech needs to be adjusted or maybe just like with pinball a random stuck ball happens every once and a while lol. There's a ton of different reasons.

What you are trying to do is act as if there's now a design flaw based on a single on location stuck ball incident...Based on your previous comments about Toy Story it just comes across as another attempt to unfairly bash the game.

#593 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Unfairly? I played the game a handful of times. I didn't care for it. Maybe it's expectation bias, but I gave it a shot. I put money into it, I had low expectations, and I was still disappointed. Within a small amount of plays, the ball got stuck on a well-maintained and configured machine. You're clearly invested in this game. I don't have any skin in the game other than I wanted an awesome Toy Story game and they put this out instead. I was ready to order on day 1. Believe me... I wanted to like the game.

I understand you don't like it, cool, same with others that don't. That's normal for any game. I just personally wouldn't say a single on location ball stuck incident = a design flaw. That's not true for Toy Story or any game. Once again there's our Wonka examples.

#601 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So a one-in-a-million fluke ball gets stuck and you call it a design flaw ?
With reasoning like that , must mean Godzilla is one of the most flawed designs ever
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lol. Oh with a Stern game that’s just a simple stuck ball but with a JJP game it’s a design flaw…I swear some people here still have it out for JJP. It all stems back to JJP making Stern pins look like Zizzles when they released WOZ, a few are still bitter for whatever reason.

#608 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hmmm, “Stern’s look like Zizzles?” There you go again bashing and trolling Stern pins. Then we all play WOZ and quickly realize most all shots are straight up the middle, with the ball never touching most of the mechs. Then the ball gets lost all over the PF. Where did it go when it enters the right side? The lights are stunning first time seeing them, then you can’t figure out what to hit. Its best feature was price at $6500. I’ll take a chance on a TS4 CE at that price. Freak did get one at about that price, so good on you! TS4 shoots circles around WOZ.

Sounds like you don’t know what you are talking about with WOZ either. Damn lol. I’m not even wasting my time debating with you, would be similar to debating with a rock.

#610 1 year ago

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about when you say all of WOZ’s shots are up the middle and there’s nothing to the sides. What about the crystal ball VUK and Oz saucer shots to the sides? Then there’s multiple shots between both mini playfields. The ball doesn’t touch the mechs? Again what are you smoking? There’s the monkey mech, two mini playfields, magnets, etc. I’ve owned a WOZ ECLE since 2013 so don’t even waste your time posting your false comments, I’ll call out your crap every time just like with Toy Story.

Just stop Thunderbird. Please, for everyone’s mental health on this site just stop with your nonsense. Your hate for JJP is on display front and center.

Merry Christmas.

1 week later
#612 1 year ago

Well well well, what do we have here. (yes just making a joke)

768358 (resized).jpg768358 (resized).jpg

#614 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

POTC LE for $9500.
Things are going in the wrong direction.

That's for sure, I don't know even know how to describe today's pricing anymore. I'm calling it the Captain Insano pricing era.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#615 1 year ago

From the Bond 60th thread, just wanted to post this here after all the crap TS got on launch day over the price (which yes at $12k / $15k is still nuts). It's clear which title was designed to create the largest profit margin...

People can say whatever they want about Toy Story 4 CE (using it as an example due to the debate about the price) but like it or not at least it actually has "higher end" features such as RadCal's, the playfield sparkle, art blades from the factory, a mirrored backglass, a custom molded shooter knob versus a sticker, a high quality metallic powder coat, matching powder coated interior pieces, signatures from the entire design team, a significantly more substantial topper, etc. There's nothing really like that in Bond 60th and it cost $5k more at $20k...Charge $15k, $20k, whatever but at least make it somewhat come across as a high end item. Where's the foil decals that Stern has used before, the higher end powder coat (Batman 66 SLE), and a more substantial topper (Batman 66, Black Knight SOR)?

#620 1 year ago

What are you trying to say?! Just joking lol. It's 2023, time for new beginnings, let the Toy Story bashing and hate flow (and I'll do a better job of ignoring it).

Quoted from Bublehead:

PanzerFreak … Bond 60th finally makes TS4 look like a huge bargain…
I just spent $1200 on a decent Gottlieb King of Diamonds, and I get old school score reels, backglass animation, and period Sean Connery flatwood fun for less than one-sixteenth of the cost of a Bond 60th. Anyone else feel the Stern laser target illuminator heating up their sphincter?

Nice pickup! Wish I had some room for some EM's, they are fun to play.

#623 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:Just heard from socal media and they want their Memes back.
If you are bashing new machines because of price this is not for you. Pinball needs this to make it affordable. Recently new machines should not be more used than what they were new. Here is a picture of what I had when I started with at my location 3 years and 7 months ago and a recent one. 2 of the machines you can't see in the picture is mandalorian premium and iron maiden pro which is next to toy story 4. I couldn't afford newer or popular ones back then.

Looks like a very nice location, excellent lineup!

#626 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Any chance of a nice code update? On the fence about getting one.....I know Wonka turned into a great game after they tweaked some stuff

I wouldn't count on it but hopefully someday. JJP hasn't released a single public code update (beyond some initial updates for TS) in over a year. Code being released publicly by JJP has become like the chocolate factory in Willy Wonka...no one goes in, no one comes out lol. It's been frustrating to see as a customer when Stern meanwhile is cranking out the updates for multiple titles. Pirates still doesn't have it's final wizard mode advertised on the game and that was announced around 5 years ago...

What is there in terms of TS code is pretty good, offers a fair amount of depth, and feels fairly complete IMO. Some improvements to sound (plus different music for some of the carnival music that is repetitive), along with a couple more modes and or hooks would be nice to see. Hopefully there will be a 2.0 style update. As Zach mentioned in his recent SDTM video releasing more code is a quick and "easy" way to increase sales.

Quoted from TheLaw:

It's clear to any normal person that they are both horrible shitty deals. "Picking a side" in any manufacturer debate is always an issue; but this one takes the stupidity cake.
Is Stupidity cake a thing?

Yeah one of best ways to get one now is to get a deal. I figured my Ghostbusters premium (no topper) was worth right around $13k based on historical data so trading for a NIB Toy Story CE seemed fair with the initial hit it's taken on the secondary market. Both myself and who I traded with felt it was fair. I did have a chance to trade Ghostbusters for a NIB Toy Story LE but held off in hope for a CE trade.

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Morning everyone
I am back - been gone for awhile and with the passing of my Dad in the last month and work been so crazy - I finally got my CE12 TS up and running and I do like it a lot and it is fun. Great job JJP and I hope to connect back with a lot of my friends here and start buying up some Mods...lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. Welcome back. That is one heck of a beautiful lineup! Wow.

2 weeks later
#643 1 year ago

Yeah I get those points. Regarding the theme once you are playing the game it feels like a generic Toy Story game versus just Toy Story 4, I still wish the first 3 films were incorporated with movie callouts from those. The custom Tim Allen and Annie Pots callouts help it feel more just about Toy Story in general.

High price? Yeah it is. I could sit here and say that Stern LE's are now $13k and typically come with less overall but there's really no point at these insane prices. The value argument is gone. The CE though does look beautiful though, one of the nicest pins I've seen in person with the extra features and substantial topper. There's still some NIB CE's out there at around $13k, that's probably the best "value" for a newer game with everything it comes with.

As for the code simplicity I would say Toy Story 4 has good depth and a more approachable objective based ruletset. I own some other deep JJP pins (Hobbit and WOZ) and find Toy Story 4's ruleset to offer plenty to do, just check out the rules diagram. I like that there's these 7 objectives, that can be done in any order, to attempt the wizard mode and then there's two paths within the wizard mode itself which also has multiple stages. I'm a decent player and have only lit I think 3 of the 7 mode inserts (I do have ball save turned off). Besides that there's still I think 6 multiballs and 11 carnival modes. The carnival modes and character multiball interact with each other in a way to add a good amount of depth as well. Plus there's the whole wheel award system and the objectives from that.

Hopefully JJP does add some more code though, as Zach from SDTM said it's an "easy" way to increase sales and value. Same goes for nearly every game.

203-toy-story-4 (resized).jpg203-toy-story-4 (resized).jpg

#649 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

You've lit

You've pretty much written an entire book about Toy Story 4 now. Congrats??

Quoted from SilverBallz:

You are completely obsessed. You remind me of that guy from the movie who goes up to everyone and asks “have you seen my baseball?”

Zach from SDTM regarding Toy Story 4 “You can’t talk about that game” lol.

This is a thread about Toy Story 4 pinball so yeah comments involving praise and criticism are to be expected.

#655 1 year ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Toxic stuff my man... lots of energy put into shitting on someone else's happiness. Pat yourself on the back.

Glad I never saw the comment but I have a few good guesses of who it could be lol. It's not worth the time arguing with some people.

1 month later
#656 1 year ago

It looks like another new pin is going to leverage a pop up post as a mech Hopefully Kaneda and others who bashed the Benson pop up posts don't call this one a mech, or toy lol.

Screenshot 2023-02-28 140832 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-02-28 140832 (resized).jpg

5 months later
#661 8 months ago

7vlq53 (resized).jpg7vlq53 (resized).jpg

#664 8 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Lol , it's actually got a "Benson" post just to the left , under the ramp that goes up and down .
But it's got enough stuff in it they don't have to list it as a feature

Yup, a standard up down post, TS4 has at least one like that too outside of the main playfield.

What's the other stuff Godfather has as I'm not seeing it? Please don't start listing divertors. There's the moving Gangster which doesn't interact with the ball and then the spinning disk below it. So Godfather has a small spinning disk under the Gangster while TS4 has a larger spinning disk, a pop up character mech, a jump ramp that comes out of the playfield, a real kick back, and yeah the 10" LCD. Not much in Godfather sadly in terms of toys. Nice to see it has some actual custom molds.

#667 8 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Why do you care?
If you like your game, just like it.
Godfather existing in the world does not threaten that.

As I was replying to the clear "But it's got enough stuff in it they don't have to list it as a feature" jab lol.

#669 8 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Mate , you were the one who posted the stupid meme which isn't even worded properly .
And yes , the Godfather has more in it than Toy Story , look at the feature Matrix , I can't be bothered typing all of the features .
You got upset when everyone said there was nothing in Toy Story and now you're trying to do the same to The Godfather ?
I've got nothing against Toy Story but if it makes you feel better trying to shit on the Godfather good for.you .

Oh no, the internet grammar police are here! I know as someone else actually messaged me about just that of all things lol. Not updating the meme, let the poor grammar flow.

I have nothing against Godfather, game looks cool.

#674 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

In ref to godfather having less in it…….
Both are massive disappointments with basically nothing in them. End this thread.

Dude, you have a Bond 60th. Do you really want to talk about empty games? Lol.Godfather and Toy Story have about 3-5x the stuff as that game for a much lower cost.

Also, just stop with the “basically nothing in them” crap comments about Toy Story and Godfather. Toy Story 4 has a jump ramp that pops up out of the damn playfield with two interactive Benson posts next to it, a physical ball lock, a real kickback (no fake virtual kickback like modern Sterns), large spinning disk, a 10” LCD, and a large character pop up mech. So yes, stop, it’s time. Same goes to the other usual naysayers.

3 months later
#676 5 months ago

I picked up a Toy Story CE about 1 year ago. The game continues to be one of the most played games in my collection, Godzilla premium (sold Hobbit for it), is giving it a run for it's money. Overall I appreciate the game more today then I did back then due to the ruleset design and fun factor.

It's interesting how Toy Story got so much hate at the start for a lack of mech and toys yet now a year later it looks more loaded then a good chunk of newer pins, especially JJP's past two releases. When you thinking about it the jump ramp in Toy Story is the last truly interactive mech / toy (that the player interacts with the ball) from JJP. Godfather and Elton John don't have anything like that.

Now if only JJP could add another mode or two and polish / complete code for Pirates and GNR.

2 months later
#691 78 days ago

Interesting!

IMG_5475 (resized).jpegIMG_5475 (resized).jpeg

#693 78 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Whatever that publication is, it is grossly correct.

Agree, amazing game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Champaign, IL
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-was-wrong-about-toy-story-4-what-a-great-pin-initial-thoughts?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.