20230105_053644_resized (resized).jpg
20230105_051859_resized (resized).jpg
20221222_134333 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1672847370712 (resized).jpg
0e94caf5161cc828aef630d14803f9f64b4c48e4 (resized).jpg
D029D37A-B27B-4080-996D-7B962A1D2C57 (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).jpg
768358 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Gonna have to disagree, Dialed In is easily the best shooting and overall best JJP game, lame theme and all.

I think the two are pretty close. I think TS4 has the edge... DI scoop can be wonky and the Sim Shot isn't smooth.

I gotta say... I traded for a TS4 (it sits next to my DI) and I am pretty impressed. It really does shoot well and I like the code/rules. It's a much better game than it is given credit for (just like Dialed In).

#375 1 year ago

I had friends visit- they are casual pinball enthusiasts. They loved it

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I hated the TS4 movie. The reason is I hated the new characters they added. JJP took the TS franchise, followed the original IP owners desires and promoted the latest incarnation of it. Was that a misstep for the franchise and pinball? I think so. I think a good number of pinheads were expecting a generic application of the theme as an homage, not a chapter specific machine focused solely on the fourth installment. What I felt like after seeing the movie was “Cash Grab!” and the pinball machine, with it’s lack of toys echoes that sentiment. You may enjoy both, but the reason I don’t like the pinball machine is inexplicably linked to my distaste of sporks.

Honestly, now that I own it, TS4 feels a bit like a Toy Story Mania that happens to use the TS4 characters.

I wish it used Zurg and Stinky Pete- but i don’t think the TS4 hurts it as much as I feared.

1 week later
#462 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

we don't have those loop holes in Canada

It's actually pretty complicated here... until the internet, states wouldn't/couldn't charge sales tax on items purchased in other states. Now states have imposed "use" taxes

1 week later
#594 1 year ago

Today was a weird day.... I unboxed a TS4 CE (I traded an LE for it) and my Bond LE.... within a few hours of each other.

I gotta say, I am not sure where the TS4 hate comes from. I get it if you don't like TS4 as a movie (it was my least favorite Toy Story movie), but the TS4 game is essentially a carnival/Toy Story Mania theme. It works for me... much better than I thought.

So I am not here to say TS4 is *better* than the Bond LE. I think the Bond layout is pretty amazing, but... the two games compare pretty well in my book. I count 11 shots in TS4 (if you count Gabby Gabby and Duke Caboom ramps separately) - most of the shots are easy-to-very easy. I am not a fan of the 4-pops, but both ramps feel pretty nice.

I think I counted 9 shots on Bond - many of the shots are tighter and the game is much faster than TS4. Again, not a huge fan of the pops. The Bond on a stick needs some major code love. I like the ramps. Overall, it is a fun and unique playfield.

TS4 has a bazillion RGBs. I know this is a turn off for some people, and i get that, but holy cow it is in a different league compared to Bond.

The code on TS4 is way more advanced than Bond. Honestly, so far, I like the TS4 rules. They are pretty basic but there is some depth to it.

Fit in finish - again the TS4 has it beat. The Radcals and cherry-apple armor is top notch.

In my book, both games are massively overpriced, but I am not sure if they are overpriced when compared to each other. I am going to bet that once you add a topper & shooter to the price of the Bond LE you will be very near the price of the TS4 CE.

I think Bond has more potential, and with the right code it might push Godzilla for the top spot (especially if they can duplicate Lyman's B66 code), but again... I am not sure why TS4 gets all of the hate.

1 week later
#616 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

From the Bond 60th thread, just wanted to post this here after all the crap TS got on launch day over the price (which yes at $12k / $15k is still nuts). It's clear which title was designed to create the largest profit margin...
People can say whatever they want about Toy Story 4 CE (using it as an example due to the debate about the price) but like it or not at least it actually has "higher end" features such as RadCal's, the playfield sparkle, art blades from the factory, a mirrored backglass, a custom molded shooter knob versus a sticker, a high quality metallic powder coat, matching powder coated interior pieces, signatures from the entire design team, a significantly more substantial topper, etc. There's nothing really like that in Bond 60th and it cost $5k more at $20k...Charge $15k, $20k, whatever but at least make it somewhat come across as a high end item. Where's the foil decals that Stern has used before, the higher end powder coat (Batman 66 SLE), and a more substantial topper (Batman 66, Black Knight SOR)?

I agree, but the Bond 60th has a mirrored backglass.

Also.... the TS4 LE is cheaper than the Bond LE... and by the time you add the interior art, shooter rod and topper the Bond Le will likely cost more than the TS4 CE.

3 weeks later
#640 1 year ago

I think once people get past the price and the fact that it is Toy Story 4 (instead of all of the movies) it boils down to this

Casual players will really enjoy it. It an easier to shoot, it is very colorful, helpful callouts, and the rules are easy to understand. The left ramp is almost impossible to miss with either flipper - it might be the single easiest/least risky shot in all of pinball. It makes it easy to start/complete carnival modes and etc.

Above-average players will tire of it pretty quickly since it is a pretty easy shooter. The game has a lot to do, a good player will burn through it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-was-wrong-about-toy-story-4-what-a-great-pin-initial-thoughts?tu=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.