20230105_053644_resized (resized).jpg
20230105_051859_resized (resized).jpg
20221222_134333 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1672847370712 (resized).jpg
0e94caf5161cc828aef630d14803f9f64b4c48e4 (resized).jpg
D029D37A-B27B-4080-996D-7B962A1D2C57 (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).jpg
768358 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 1 year ago

Walking up to a Toy Story on location... I have my fun for $1 and that's about it. Haven't felt compelled to specifically play it again since the initial $20 session.

Toy Story 4 pinball is a lot like Toy Story 4 the movie. It's fine, maybe even good. I'll watch it if it's on, but not put it on specifically.

I think you're kinda reaching when you have to start coil counting to show that a game has stuff in it or not. I'd consider those upposts and jump ramp to be a single mech. A real kickback? Meh... that's the sort of thing I cared about when I was new to the hobby. It looks neat visually, but when it fails? Rage stroke. It's nice but it's not a deal breaker to me.

I do think the game shoots very well and enjoy the RGB lightshows. I can see why a certain skill level may not be interested in owning the game. I do think the content is appropriate to the vast majority of families and home collectors though.

I respect their choice to make the game a bit easier in software settings out of the box (which a skilled player can increase as they're more likely to understand how to change settings like that).

I don't know if it's better to remove the super-duper-wizard carrot on a stick that keeps some people interested in their game long term, but I absolutely agree that a lot of super-duper-wizard modes aren't worth the amount of work/time/effort to legitimately achieve them because they don't put a lot of effort into the mode less than 1% will see. So focusing on making a really well polished wizard mode for people who want to see story progress is great. I don't know the code well enough to know if they made setting up your wizard mode interesting enough for highly skilled players.

#142 1 year ago

There's a bunch of stuff in Toy Story 4. I don't care for the actual gameplay part though

I feel the same about Halloween/Ultraman. A lot of Stuff™ on the playfield, but I don't care for how it plays

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

4 pages of insanity and all I want to know is WHAT THE HELL IS A BENSON POST?

You don't remember the iconic character of Benson from the cult favorite movie Toy Story 4?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

He's back, in post form!

1 week later
#337 1 year ago

Threads like this remind me why the Top 100 is so pointless. There are very different expectations and assessment criteria based on your priorities in the hobby.

Playing TS4 on location = pretty good, but certainly not one of the best games of the last decade

Owning TS4 for home = not a lot of bang for the buck, but can be a keeper depending on the family and skill levels

Flipping TS4 = you done fucked up and have to resort to positive review bombs and flag every negative review

1 week later
#439 1 year ago

Normally I'd say JJP could code a much better game than Spooky and that is part of the price tag. But TS4? Eh...

#455 1 year ago
1 week later
#552 1 year ago

The problem with people focused on personal collections is they can’t divorce the price of the game from the way it plays. This is a mindset amplified by a few loud voices.

I get why it’s annoying for some owners to hear people constantly shit on a game/purchase they like and felt was a fair price though. Sometimes they make really going points…

They’re just toys and you like what you like.

2 months later
#657 1 year ago

it needs a clever name like Benson posts

I suggest the Fo-bar. Better name than deadpost

5 months later
#662 8 months ago

Benson posts vs dangle post

IMG_3830 (resized).jpegIMG_3830 (resized).jpeg
#665 8 months ago

Don’t sell the Benson post short, it also detects hits unlike an uppost

#673 8 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What the fuck is this mess in here?
Go outside and stop squabbling over a fucking Benson, or whatever, post. You guys argue over the weirdest, dumbest shit possible....for MONTHS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 16.95
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-was-wrong-about-toy-story-4-what-a-great-pin-initial-thoughts?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.