20230105_053644_resized (resized).jpg
20230105_051859_resized (resized).jpg
20221222_134333 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1672847370712 (resized).jpg
0e94caf5161cc828aef630d14803f9f64b4c48e4 (resized).jpg
D029D37A-B27B-4080-996D-7B962A1D2C57 (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).jpg
768358 (resized).jpg
There are 696 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So a one-in-a-million fluke ball gets stuck and you call it a design flaw ?
With reasoning like that , must mean Godzilla is one of the most flawed designs ever
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lol. Oh with a Stern game that’s just a simple stuck ball but with a JJP game it’s a design flaw…I swear some people here still have it out for JJP. It all stems back to JJP making Stern pins look like Zizzles when they released WOZ, a few are still bitter for whatever reason.

#602 1 year ago

All sterns have a design flaw. The shooter rod is too short and it effects short plung skill shots.

Gz premium and le are going to have warping problems with the heavy building mech. I have a bracket to put in mine. Other design flaws my building has been beaten to shit because it going up during multi ball. Bridge breaks the plastic.
Gz is on a masters degree level to enjoy playing it. Rules are deep but repetitive.

JJP potc is the best machine because the modes are not the same every time you play it and 120 different modes with 5 multi balls based on the movies. And other multi ball. Pinsiders are bias towards Elwin designs. Twilight zone is great too when working properly. Best mechs in pinball ever.

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol. Oh with a Stern game that’s just a simple stuck ball but with a JJP game it’s a design flaw…I swear some people here still have it out for JJP. It all stems back to JJP making Stern pins look like Zizzles when they released WOZ, a few are still bitter for whatever reason.

Hmmm, “Stern’s look like Zizzles?” There you go again bashing and trolling Stern pins. Then we all play WOZ and quickly realize most all shots are straight up the middle, with the ball never touching most of the mechs. Then the ball gets lost all over the PF. Where did it go when it enters the right side? The lights are stunning first time seeing them, then you can’t figure out what to hit. Its best feature was price at $6500. I’ll take a chance on a TS4 CE at that price. Freak did get one at about that price, so good on you! TS4 shoots circles around WOZ.

#604 1 year ago

You guys are misrepresenting my point. I said that a game that intentionally launches a ball through the air over areas where it can get stuck has to make the feature bulletproof, otherwise it's a design flaw. In my experience the fail rate was 20%. The shot worked four times before it failed. You can tell me that's not typical but that's my experience. Clearly it's vulnerable to failing because it has happened.

Whether or not other games are vulnerable to stuck balls is beside the point. I played a lot of other games at the location. I've played my own games for hundreds of hours. I've had a stuck ball maybe once. So I play this game three times and the ball gets stuck from a weak flip over the ramp. Are you guys really going to dispute the fact that jjp has weak flippers that tend to be even weaker at times depending on what's going on in the game? My Wonka has huge variations in flipper strength within games. If magnets or coils are activated, the flippers get weaker.

If you take the ramp shot while the flipper power is weaker, there's a good chance the jump will come up short like it did for me. Then the ball gets stuck. The weak flippers on my Wonka are annoying, but there's no feature sending the ball over an unplayable portion of the playfield so it's not game-breaking.

#605 1 year ago

+1 on weak wonka flippers… on every machine I feel like I have to coax the flipper after flipping it, just to give the ball hope it might make the ramp.

“Come on, little buddy, you can do it!…”
“You sorry ass piece of shit- you call that a ramp shot?!?!”

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

You guys are misrepresenting my point. I said that a game that intentionally launches a ball through the air over areas where it can get stuck has to make the feature bulletproof, otherwise it's a design flaw. In my experience the fail rate was 20%. The shot worked four times before it failed. You can tell me that's not typical but that's my experience. Clearly it's vulnerable to failing because it has happened.
Whether or not other games are vulnerable to stuck balls is beside the point. I played a lot of other games at the location. I've played my own games for hundreds of hours. I've had a stuck ball maybe once. So I play this game three times and the ball gets stuck from a weak flip over the ramp. Are you guys really going to dispute the fact that jjp has weak flippers that tend to be even weaker at times depending on what's going on in the game? My Wonka has huge variations in flipper strength within games. If magnets or coils are activated, the flippers get weaker.
If you take the ramp shot while the flipper power is weaker, there's a good chance the jump will come up short like it did for me. Then the ball gets stuck. The weak flippers on my Wonka are annoying, but there's no feature sending the ball over an unplayable portion of the playfield so it's not game-breaking.

Like I said before you have to fine tune JJP machines. The location didn't adjust the jump ramp like it says in the instructions pamphlet with 2 other things. Ball probably air balled off the jump ramp down and moved the spinner bracket a little bit. Causing the ball to get stuck.

As for Wonka you have to adjust the flipper strength up 2 spots from factory. Or it could be time to change out the plungers and coil stops on the flippers. I have zero complaints on my 4 JJPs on route.

#607 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

You guys are misrepresenting my point.

I don't think so .
Look where the ball landed according to your picture , that is a fluke shot .
Flipper strength has nothing to do with it , you could have them on full power but if you do a soft shot it could have the same result
I've looked at the TS4 owners thread and you're the only person who has said the ball has got stuck there .
In pinball , the ball can-do lots of weird and wacky stuff and can end up in places you never thought it would , that's what makes it so good .
They do countless hours of play testing and one random fluke ball does not make it a flawed design

IMG_20221225_034040 (resized).jpgIMG_20221225_034040 (resized).jpg
#608 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hmmm, “Stern’s look like Zizzles?” There you go again bashing and trolling Stern pins. Then we all play WOZ and quickly realize most all shots are straight up the middle, with the ball never touching most of the mechs. Then the ball gets lost all over the PF. Where did it go when it enters the right side? The lights are stunning first time seeing them, then you can’t figure out what to hit. Its best feature was price at $6500. I’ll take a chance on a TS4 CE at that price. Freak did get one at about that price, so good on you! TS4 shoots circles around WOZ.

Sounds like you don’t know what you are talking about with WOZ either. Damn lol. I’m not even wasting my time debating with you, would be similar to debating with a rock.

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like you don’t know what you are talking about with WOZ either. Damn lol. I’m not even wasting my time debating with you, would be similar to debating with a rock.

6B79922B-D1CD-4F69-B0E1-963665F70AB7 (resized).jpeg6B79922B-D1CD-4F69-B0E1-963665F70AB7 (resized).jpeg
#610 1 year ago

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about when you say all of WOZ’s shots are up the middle and there’s nothing to the sides. What about the crystal ball VUK and Oz saucer shots to the sides? Then there’s multiple shots between both mini playfields. The ball doesn’t touch the mechs? Again what are you smoking? There’s the monkey mech, two mini playfields, magnets, etc. I’ve owned a WOZ ECLE since 2013 so don’t even waste your time posting your false comments, I’ll call out your crap every time just like with Toy Story.

Just stop Thunderbird. Please, for everyone’s mental health on this site just stop with your nonsense. Your hate for JJP is on display front and center.

Merry Christmas.

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about when you say all of WOZ’s shots are up the middle and there’s nothing to the sides. What about the crystal ball VUK and Oz saucer shots to the sides? Then there’s multiple shots between both mini playfields. The ball doesn’t touch the mechs? Again what are you smoking? There’s the monkey mech, two mini playfields, magnets, etc. I’ve owned a WOZ ECLE since 2013 so don’t even waste your time posting your false comments, I’ll call out your crap every time just like with Toy Story.
Just stop Thunderbird. Please, for everyone’s mental health on this site just stop with your nonsense. Your hate for JJP is on display front and center.
Merry Christmas. *Mic drop.

AD206A1D-7961-4BB9-9FDB-22BC4432F09F.jpegAD206A1D-7961-4BB9-9FDB-22BC4432F09F.jpeg
1 week later
#612 1 year ago

Well well well, what do we have here. (yes just making a joke)

768358 (resized).jpg768358 (resized).jpg

#613 1 year ago

POTC LE for $9500.

Things are going in the wrong direction.

#614 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

POTC LE for $9500.
Things are going in the wrong direction.

That's for sure, I don't know even know how to describe today's pricing anymore. I'm calling it the Captain Insano pricing era.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#615 1 year ago

From the Bond 60th thread, just wanted to post this here after all the crap TS got on launch day over the price (which yes at $12k / $15k is still nuts). It's clear which title was designed to create the largest profit margin...

People can say whatever they want about Toy Story 4 CE (using it as an example due to the debate about the price) but like it or not at least it actually has "higher end" features such as RadCal's, the playfield sparkle, art blades from the factory, a mirrored backglass, a custom molded shooter knob versus a sticker, a high quality metallic powder coat, matching powder coated interior pieces, signatures from the entire design team, a significantly more substantial topper, etc. There's nothing really like that in Bond 60th and it cost $5k more at $20k...Charge $15k, $20k, whatever but at least make it somewhat come across as a high end item. Where's the foil decals that Stern has used before, the higher end powder coat (Batman 66 SLE), and a more substantial topper (Batman 66, Black Knight SOR)?

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

From the Bond 60th thread, just wanted to post this here after all the crap TS got on launch day over the price (which yes at $12k / $15k is still nuts). It's clear which title was designed to create the largest profit margin...
People can say whatever they want about Toy Story 4 CE (using it as an example due to the debate about the price) but like it or not at least it actually has "higher end" features such as RadCal's, the playfield sparkle, art blades from the factory, a mirrored backglass, a custom molded shooter knob versus a sticker, a high quality metallic powder coat, matching powder coated interior pieces, signatures from the entire design team, a significantly more substantial topper, etc. There's nothing really like that in Bond 60th and it cost $5k more at $20k...Charge $15k, $20k, whatever but at least make it somewhat come across as a high end item. Where's the foil decals that Stern has used before, the higher end powder coat (Batman 66 SLE), and a more substantial topper (Batman 66, Black Knight SOR)?

I agree, but the Bond 60th has a mirrored backglass.

Also.... the TS4 LE is cheaper than the Bond LE... and by the time you add the interior art, shooter rod and topper the Bond Le will likely cost more than the TS4 CE.

#617 1 year ago

PanzerFreak … Bond 60th finally makes TS4 look like a huge bargain…

I just spent $1200 on a decent Gottlieb King of Diamonds, and I get old school score reels, backglass animation, and period Sean Connery flatwood fun for less than one-sixteenth of the cost of a Bond 60th. Anyone else feel the Stern laser target illuminator heating up their sphincter?

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

People can say whatever they want about Toy Story 4 CE

D029D37A-B27B-4080-996D-7B962A1D2C57 (resized).jpegD029D37A-B27B-4080-996D-7B962A1D2C57 (resized).jpeg

#619 1 year ago

All credit to Palmer for this image.....the mic drop.

0e94caf5161cc828aef630d14803f9f64b4c48e4 (resized).jpg0e94caf5161cc828aef630d14803f9f64b4c48e4 (resized).jpg
#620 1 year ago

What are you trying to say?! Just joking lol. It's 2023, time for new beginnings, let the Toy Story bashing and hate flow (and I'll do a better job of ignoring it).

Quoted from Bublehead:

PanzerFreak … Bond 60th finally makes TS4 look like a huge bargain…
I just spent $1200 on a decent Gottlieb King of Diamonds, and I get old school score reels, backglass animation, and period Sean Connery flatwood fun for less than one-sixteenth of the cost of a Bond 60th. Anyone else feel the Stern laser target illuminator heating up their sphincter?

Nice pickup! Wish I had some room for some EM's, they are fun to play.

#621 1 year ago

With 20k Bond, TS4 has been minimized and last year's news.
621 posts later, finally, it's Game over. Imma draining this thread.
Enjoy all your free time PF.

#622 1 year ago

Just heard from socal media and they want their Memes back.
If you are bashing new machines because of price this is not for you. Pinball needs this to make it affordable. Recently new machines should not be more used than what they were new. Here is a picture of what I had when I started with at my location 3 years and 7 months ago and a recent one. 2 of the machines you can't see in the picture is mandalorian premium and iron maiden pro which is next to toy story 4. I couldn't afford newer or popular ones back then.

20221222_134333 (resized).jpg20221222_134333 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1672847370712 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1672847370712 (resized).jpg
#623 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:Just heard from socal media and they want their Memes back.
If you are bashing new machines because of price this is not for you. Pinball needs this to make it affordable. Recently new machines should not be more used than what they were new. Here is a picture of what I had when I started with at my location 3 years and 7 months ago and a recent one. 2 of the machines you can't see in the picture is mandalorian premium and iron maiden pro which is next to toy story 4. I couldn't afford newer or popular ones back then.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a very nice location, excellent lineup!

#624 1 year ago

Any chance of a nice code update? On the fence about getting one.....I know Wonka turned into a great game after they tweaked some stuff

#625 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

...It's clear which title was designed to create the largest profit margin...

It's clear to any normal person that they are both horrible shitty deals. "Picking a side" in any manufacturer debate is always an issue; but this one takes the stupidity cake.
Is Stupidity cake a thing?

#626 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Any chance of a nice code update? On the fence about getting one.....I know Wonka turned into a great game after they tweaked some stuff

I wouldn't count on it but hopefully someday. JJP hasn't released a single public code update (beyond some initial updates for TS) in over a year. Code being released publicly by JJP has become like the chocolate factory in Willy Wonka...no one goes in, no one comes out lol. It's been frustrating to see as a customer when Stern meanwhile is cranking out the updates for multiple titles. Pirates still doesn't have it's final wizard mode advertised on the game and that was announced around 5 years ago...

What is there in terms of TS code is pretty good, offers a fair amount of depth, and feels fairly complete IMO. Some improvements to sound (plus different music for some of the carnival music that is repetitive), along with a couple more modes and or hooks would be nice to see. Hopefully there will be a 2.0 style update. As Zach mentioned in his recent SDTM video releasing more code is a quick and "easy" way to increase sales.

Quoted from TheLaw:

It's clear to any normal person that they are both horrible shitty deals. "Picking a side" in any manufacturer debate is always an issue; but this one takes the stupidity cake.
Is Stupidity cake a thing?

Yeah one of best ways to get one now is to get a deal. I figured my Ghostbusters premium (no topper) was worth right around $13k based on historical data so trading for a NIB Toy Story CE seemed fair with the initial hit it's taken on the secondary market. Both myself and who I traded with felt it was fair. I did have a chance to trade Ghostbusters for a NIB Toy Story LE but held off in hope for a CE trade.

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I think TS4 is a lot of fun to play. It gets dumped on for the price (justifiably so), but price aside it is not a bad, boring or incomplete game as it sits in my opinion. I'm enjoying it, it has plenty of shots and it's all there. I do hope they add a few more bells and whistles maybe along the lines of more combos like the required Save Forky combo. Stuff like that can just take games to the next level and give you more to shoot for and it can be a little easy sometimes to collect the character during modes. As a bonus I think Meet Me At The Carousel is a solid wizard mode with it's different levels and mode bonuses earned during the game. I'm excited to get back to it in the same game with Woody after getting there initially with Buzz.

#628 1 year ago

It's just that you can't have it both ways. So many of the TS4 positivity-bomb reviews from flippers would say explicitly, "I'm not considering price in my review, that's irrelevant." And in the threads, same thing, flippers were saying things like, "this is a hype thread, we need to talk about the game, not the price." But now that BOND 60th is out, they want to say, oooooh, Toy Story 4 is looking like a bargain at $15k.

You know what's now a relatice bargain? Spooky. And American Pinball. And CGC. And Stern Pros. Etc....

Note to Stern and JJP: when you release $8k machines, please charge $8k for them.

#629 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

It's just that you can't have it both ways. So many of the TS4 positivity-bomb reviews from flippers would say explicitly, "I'm not considering price in my review, that's irrelevant." And in the threads, same thing, flippers were saying things like, "this is a hype thread, we need to talk about the game, not the price." But now that BOND 60th is out, they want to say, oooooh, Toy Story 4 is looking like a bargain at $15k.
You know what's now a relatice bargain? Spooky. And American Pinball. And CGC. And Stern Pros. Etc....
Note to Stern and JJP: when you release $8k machines, please charge $8k for them.

Cgc recycling themes from the 90s is like a new car manufacturer making mid to late 60s Corvettes, Camaros, and mustangs.

Spooky's assembly line is bush league. I have a long list of things I had to do on my tna ce . And no t-nuts with star posts screws. All wood screws.
All Stern's models have shooter rod issues(being too short) and their assembly line doesn't line up the shooter rod straight. Which does effect the plung.
The first nib JJP was TS4. Which has instructions on what to adjust before playing. Looks like they are now using the best playfield mirco makes. By the way they pack the machines for shipping is way better than any other manufacturer.

#630 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

...By the way they pack the machines for shipping is way better than any other manufacturer.

Spooky pack them up nice...Although never had an issue with Stern. Can;t remember remember JJP

#631 1 year ago

Morning everyone

I am back - been gone for awhile and with the passing of my Dad in the last month and work been so crazy - I finally got my CE12 TS up and running and I do like it a lot and it is fun. Great job JJP and I hope to connect back with a lot of my friends here and start buying up some Mods...lol

20230105_051837_resized (resized).jpg20230105_051837_resized (resized).jpg20230105_051859_resized (resized).jpg20230105_051859_resized (resized).jpg20230105_053644_resized (resized).jpg20230105_053644_resized (resized).jpg20230105_053647_resized (resized).jpg20230105_053647_resized (resized).jpg
#632 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Morning everyone
I am back - been gone for awhile and with the passing of my Dad in the last month and work been so crazy - I finally got my CE12 TS up and running and I do like it a lot and it is fun. Great job JJP and I hope to connect back with a lot of my friends here and start buying up some Mods...lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. Welcome back. That is one heck of a beautiful lineup! Wow.

#633 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Morning everyone
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My condolences on your loss. Glad you’re doing ok. Welcome back.

#634 1 year ago

We were going to sell ours after all the hate but decided to make the 1hr trip to play one out at Free Gold Watch in SF. After a few games we decided we really liked the way it shoots and the modes were at lot of fun. Ours arrives on Monday and everyone is very excited.

2 weeks later
#635 1 year ago

For anybody who doesn’t know already, Toy Story 4 is the best pinball machine ever made. Nothing else even comes close.

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

For anybody who doesn’t know already, Toy Story 4 is the best pinball machine ever made. Nothing else even comes close.

That's awesome. I really enjoyed it playing on location. What do you love about it?

#637 1 year ago

My TS4 is still # 1 in earnings. The hot rails with LEDs makes it so you need to add light mods in dark locations or rooms

#638 1 year ago

We absolutely love our Toy Story. I have a 19 year old and a 17-year-old son and both of them one of the game as well. Their friends have been by to play. We have played it.

I don’t really understand the dislike and hate this game is kidding.

The game shoots really nice, and I feel like I can easily achieve flow on it.

The game code is extremely fun. The kaboom jump, it’s always exciting to make. The loop shot… love the outer right loop ramp, all very satisfying shots.

I wasn’t sure I would like the tablet but have found it waaaaaay easier to read mode instructions on it rather than the big screen. I love the tiki flipper multi ball… its a fun pause with a really cool game unlike say old school dot matrix mini games its just badass.

We have a Guns N’ Roses, LE but this was our first JJP CE. What a gorgeous machine. The playfield is just beautiful.

It’s the only game getting played in our game room of 14 right now.

If anyone else likes this movie/theme and is on the fence, you should go and play it.

#640 1 year ago

I think once people get past the price and the fact that it is Toy Story 4 (instead of all of the movies) it boils down to this

Casual players will really enjoy it. It an easier to shoot, it is very colorful, helpful callouts, and the rules are easy to understand. The left ramp is almost impossible to miss with either flipper - it might be the single easiest/least risky shot in all of pinball. It makes it easy to start/complete carnival modes and etc.

Above-average players will tire of it pretty quickly since it is a pretty easy shooter. The game has a lot to do, a good player will burn through it.

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's awesome. I really enjoyed it playing on location. What do you love about it?

I love all of the bells and whistles. I like all of the lights everywhere including the bottom of the machine. I love shooting the ball off of the ramp and going through the hoop for the Kaboom bonus. I love playing pinball on the tiny tablet in the upper left hand corner of the machine. I love watching cutscenes from Toy Story 4 as it’s my favorite Toy Story movie. It’s a very well built, very solid machine. I have the CE version and I have not had any problems with the machine itself. The machine just needs a firmware update as there are a few bugs and glitches in the machine.

#642 1 year ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I don’t really understand the dislike and hate this game is getting.

I think it boils down to 3 things

- It's only Toy Story 4
- High Price
- Simplicity of code

I think sentiment would have drifted more positive if one of the above were not true - especially the first or second point
As a location game, none of those points really matter and the last point is probably a positive on location

#643 1 year ago

Yeah I get those points. Regarding the theme once you are playing the game it feels like a generic Toy Story game versus just Toy Story 4, I still wish the first 3 films were incorporated with movie callouts from those. The custom Tim Allen and Annie Pots callouts help it feel more just about Toy Story in general.

High price? Yeah it is. I could sit here and say that Stern LE's are now $13k and typically come with less overall but there's really no point at these insane prices. The value argument is gone. The CE though does look beautiful though, one of the nicest pins I've seen in person with the extra features and substantial topper. There's still some NIB CE's out there at around $13k, that's probably the best "value" for a newer game with everything it comes with.

As for the code simplicity I would say Toy Story 4 has good depth and a more approachable objective based ruletset. I own some other deep JJP pins (Hobbit and WOZ) and find Toy Story 4's ruleset to offer plenty to do, just check out the rules diagram. I like that there's these 7 objectives, that can be done in any order, to attempt the wizard mode and then there's two paths within the wizard mode itself which also has multiple stages. I'm a decent player and have only lit I think 3 of the 7 mode inserts (I do have ball save turned off). Besides that there's still I think 6 multiballs and 11 carnival modes. The carnival modes and character multiball interact with each other in a way to add a good amount of depth as well. Plus there's the whole wheel award system and the objectives from that.

Hopefully JJP does add some more code though, as Zach from SDTM said it's an "easy" way to increase sales and value. Same goes for nearly every game.

203-toy-story-4 (resized).jpg203-toy-story-4 (resized).jpg

#644 1 year ago

hope the code gets better, particularly the callouts needs some fine tuning...
SHOOT THE SCOOP, SHOOT THE SAUCER, SHOOT THE RAMP, SHOOT...
it gets really repetitive really fast. I sold my game.

#645 1 year ago

You've lit

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah I get those points. Regarding the theme once you are playing the game it feels like a generic Toy Story game versus just Toy Story 4, I still wish the first 3 films were incorporated with movie callouts from those. The custom Tim Allen and Annie Pots callouts help it feel more just about Toy Story in general.
High price? Yeah it is. I could sit here and say that Stern LE's are now $13k and typically come with less overall but there's really no point at these insane prices. The value argument is gone. The CE though does look beautiful though, one of the nicest pins I've seen in person with the extra features and substantial topper. There's still some NIB CE's out there at around $13k, that's probably the best "value" for a newer game with everything it comes with.
As for the code simplicity I would say Toy Story 4 has good depth and a more approachable objective based ruletset. I own some other deep JJP pins (Hobbit and WOZ) and find Toy Story 4's ruleset to offer plenty to do, just check out the rules diagram. I like that there's these 7 objectives, that can be done in any order, to attempt the wizard mode and then there's two paths within the wizard mode itself which also has multiple stages. I'm a decent player and have only lit I think 3 of the 7 mode inserts (I do have ball save turned off). Besides that there's still I think 6 multiballs and 11 carnival modes. The carnival modes and character multiball interact with each other in a way to add a good amount of depth as well.
Hopefully JJP does add some more code though, as Zach from SDTM said it's an "easy" way to increase sales and value. Same goes for nearly every game.
[quoted image]

You've pretty much written an entire book about Toy Story 4 now. Congrats??

#646 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

As for the code simplicity I would say Toy Story 4 has good depth and a more approachable objective based ruletset. I own some other deep JJP pins (Hobbit and WOZ) and find Toy Story 4's ruleset to offer plenty to do, just check out the rules diagram. I like that there's these 7 objectives, that can be done in any order, to attempt the wizard mode and then there's two paths within the wizard mode itself which also has multiple stages. I'm a decent player and have only lit I think 3 of the 7 mode inserts (I do have ball save turned off). Besides that there's still I think 6 multiballs and 11 carnival modes. The carnival modes and character multiball interact with each other in a way to add a good amount of depth as well.
[quoted image]

You are completely obsessed. You remind me of that guy from the movie who goes up to everyone and asks “have you seen my baseball?”

#647 1 year ago

it's just not that good

#648 1 year ago

If the config options are similar to GNR, which I suspect they are, and if you think it's too easy, or to hard, change settings to your liking. Someone may have already done this and shared settings in the owners forum. With GNR there are a few key settings that can dial in the game for your skill/preference and open it up. Just a thought...

#649 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

You've lit

You've pretty much written an entire book about Toy Story 4 now. Congrats??

Quoted from SilverBallz:

You are completely obsessed. You remind me of that guy from the movie who goes up to everyone and asks “have you seen my baseball?”

Zach from SDTM regarding Toy Story 4 “You can’t talk about that game” lol.

This is a thread about Toy Story 4 pinball so yeah comments involving praise and criticism are to be expected.

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If the config options are similar to GNR, which I suspect they are, and if you think it's too easy, or to hard, change settings to your liking. Someone may have already done this and shared settings in the owners forum. With GNR there are a few key settings that can dial in the game for your skill/preference and open it up. Just a thought...

No they would rather just cry about it and an pretend they don't change anything on any other games they own to make them play easier, harder, drain less down an outlane, etc. More likey upset about the price so they just attack attack attack. Cool you don't like the game, move on but the same folks post over and over the hate and then bash on owners who loves theirs. We all just love pinball. Thats what great about pinball, there are many options for us all and we aren't going to all love every game. Go find a pin you like guys and talk in that thread about positive things.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
Lighting - Led
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 696 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-was-wrong-about-toy-story-4-what-a-great-pin-initial-thoughts/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.