20230105_053644_resized (resized).jpg
20230105_051859_resized (resized).jpg
20221222_134333 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1672847370712 (resized).jpg
0e94caf5161cc828aef630d14803f9f64b4c48e4 (resized).jpg
D029D37A-B27B-4080-996D-7B962A1D2C57 (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).jpg
768358 (resized).jpg
There are 696 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
#501 1 year ago

For m00npuppet, Thunderbird, and Kaneda

pcituire (resized).jpgpcituire (resized).jpg

#502 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

i think I've figured out what is really going on here... m00nmuppet is secretly a JJP fanboy and is trolling to bring the sales prices of TS4 down so he can go pick one up on the cheap and enjoy the plethora of toys.

or he secretly owns one and is hoping by trashtalking it goes the way of POTC , gets an early line cancel and shoots up overnight.

#503 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Relax mate , it's only pinball .

No it's much more than that. TS4 is clearly the tipping point of the Pinball Civil War.

The bloody 'Merican one not the Marvel one.

#504 1 year ago

do the benson posts have switches on them? if i hit one when attempting the ramp they drop like they do

#505 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

do the benson posts have switches on them? if i hit one when attempting the ramp they drop like they do

I'm not sure, maybe. From what I've seen every time the jump ramp is activated the Benson posts go up. There is a Benson mode where the posts activate independently and I believe drop from a ball hit.

#506 1 year ago

It was a cute response (especially love that BTTF reference), but folks know what I meant. TS4 is littered with bulk cake toppers off of AliBaba or somewhere. Scooby Doo has custom sculpts, one of which comes to life (Scoob in the barrel). Toy Story was a movie about toys coming to life, so...you know...in a $12k/$15k pinball machine, woulda been nice to have toys that weren't meant to just stand there in cake frosting.

#507 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

It was a cute response (especially love that BTTF reference), but folks know what I meant. TS4 is littered with bulk cake toppers off of AliBaba or somewhere. Scooby Doo has custom sculpts, one of which comes to life (Scoob in the barrel). Toy Story was a movie about toys coming to life, so...you know...in a $12k/$15k pinball machine, woulda been nice to have toys that weren't meant to just stand there in cake frosting.

There’s multiple toys and mechs in Toy Story, you just refuse to acknowledge them and instead focus on a one inch plastic Scooby Doo in a barrel toy that doesn’t interact with the ball.

You can’t sit here and ignore the Gabby Gabby mech (that actually interacts with the ball and is substantially larger then the Scooby barrel toy you mentioned), the spinning wheel, the jump ramp, etc and yet tout Scooby Do as being some crazy loaded game. That type of reasoning just doesn’t make sense.

I agree that the cake toppers are stupid considering the price of the game. I would much rather have preferred a few higher quality custom molds in the game. For representing the characters they are fine though, it’s similar to the figures stuck around LOTR. It would be easier to stomach if the price of the game was $11k / $13k depending on the model.

In regards to comparing a JJP game to a Spooky game I would say they are in entirely different categories. JJP’s are generally higher quality, feature far more advanced tech, have higher quality animations, significantly more software / code, and overall have better playfield designs. These are just my opinions and I know everyone will not agree. There’s a reason JJP’s cost more in my mind. Hell they hired Tim Allen, Annie Potts, and Tom Hanks brother to do custom callouts for Toy Story 4. I wouldn’t be surprised if the licensing and software development costs for Toy Story 4 is at least several times that of Scooby Doo’s. All of those items add to a cost of a game.

Also, I wouldn’t count your chickens before they hatch considering how Spookys last two releases went. Hopefully the game turns out great and plays well. It looks cool.

#508 1 year ago

At least JJP has better customer service when it comes to replacing parts. Go through them directly.

#509 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

It was a cute response (especially love that BTTF reference), but folks know what I meant.
TS4 is littered with bulk cake toppers off of AliBaba or somewhere. Scooby Doo has custom sculpts, one of which comes to life (Scoob in the barrel). Toy Story was a movie about toys coming to life, so...you know...in a $12k/$15k pinball machine, woulda been nice to have toys that weren't meant to just stand there in cake frosting.

Would like what stern does with plastic cut outs? Alibaba sells unlicensed knockoffs stuff mostly. You think Disney Pixar would approve of a product that didn't get thier permission to use? 6k sets of those would have to been made fresh for the machines.

#510 1 year ago

for me, TS4 has a lot more resemblance to the theme parks than the movies. some subtle ques remind me of certain aspects, how the shooter lane lights up very closely to the the slinky dog dash.the lights and sounds remind me of the swirling saucers. TS4 brings me fond memories i cannot recreate with another pin. thats why i like it.

#511 1 year ago

Who will be the first to post a pic of their Scooby and Toy Story beside each other in their game room?
Hopefully it’s me

#512 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Who will be the first to post a pic of their Scooby and Toy Story beside each other in their game room?
Hopefully it’s me

sure wont be moonpuppet.

#513 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

for me, TS4 has a lot more resemblance to the theme parks than the movies. some subtle ques remind me of certain aspects, how the shooter lane lights up very closely to the the slinky dog dash.the lights and sounds remind me of the swirling saucers. TS4 brings me fond memories i cannot recreate with another pin. thats why i like it.

Jurassic Park is just a licensed dinosaur theme. Nothing to do with the movie

#514 1 year ago

Thie thing that is so bizarre about TS4 is how it convinced some folks to root against their own interests as pinball consumers. We expect prices to go up as they do in all tech items, but for JJP to so blatantly offer less and then charge more money...it's just bad for pinball. And Stern went along with the price floor rise (Spooky not so much, good for them). That tablet screen up in the corner is such a cost-cutting, anti-pinball gesture. They would love to cover more and more playfield with cheap LCD panels, especially ones that mostly repeat information and assets that are already on the backglass screen.

#515 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Thie thing that is so bizarre about TS4 is how it convinced some folks to root against their own interests as pinball consumers. We expect prices to go up as they do in all tech items, but for JJP to so blatantly offer less and then charge more money...it's just bad for pinball. And Stern went along with the price floor rise (Spooky not so much, good for them). That tablet screen up in the corner is such a cost-cutting, anti-pinball gesture. They would love to cover more and more playfield with cheap LCD panels, especially ones that mostly repeat information and assets that are already on the backglass screen.

What is your favorite pins?

#518 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Lot of 10s…

Lots of sterns. Obviously he has not shot a TS4 with it set up properly maybe not at all. Stern potc is crap. Rules are not good. Rob zombie is one of the worst machines made in the last decade. This guy is a joke and hypocrisy when comes to price and what's in the machine.

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Lots of sterns. Obviously he has not shot a TS4 with it set up properly maybe not at all. Stern potc is crap. Rules are not good. Rob zombie is one of the worst machines made in the last decade. This guy is a joke and hypocrisy when comes to price and what's in the machine.

dude doesn't own a single pin, no posts in owners groups, repair or help groups, just stern fanboy threads and trash talk JJP threads. taking the bus every week to the Ferrari club and telling the owner how shitty their cars drive because he saw it on the internet. LOL!!

#520 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

…taking the bus every week to the Ferrari club and telling the owner how shitty their cars drive because he saw it on the internet. LOL!!

This is the best “cargument” I’ve seen on pinside in a while…

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Lot of 10s…

Which I don't think any machine made so far deserves. Not to mention 20 of them. Sheesh.

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Which I don't think any machine made so far deserves. Not to mention 20 of them. Sheesh.

I've rated 3 pins a 10 because they are perfect for me , but everyone has their own opinions .
And I don't think price should be considered on how good a game is .

#523 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

dude doesn't own a single pin, no posts in owners groups, repair or help groups, just stern fanboy threads and trash talk JJP threads. taking the bus every week to the Ferrari club and telling the owner how shitty their cars drive because he saw it on the internet. LOL!!

You can't hide from your history , especially on pinside

#524 1 year ago

Who knew.

E3E3CC0A-1FE6-427A-B9E1-2EF5F3E47AB6 (resized).jpegE3E3CC0A-1FE6-427A-B9E1-2EF5F3E47AB6 (resized).jpeg
#525 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

dude doesn't own a single pin

Collection-shaming is one of the worst parts of this hobby. Space, money, family situations, sound insulation, wet basements, too tight stairways, the wife, there may already some great local places, landlords… etc are just some of many reasons people may not have a collection. I mean I’m not stupid enough to have gotten married, but more than half the reasons I just listed prevented me at one point or another from starting my collection. Don’t shame others just because these issues may not apply to you, and their opinion can still be valid.

#526 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Collection-shaming is one of the worst parts of this hobby. Space, money, family situations, sound insulation, wet basements, too tight stairways, the wife, there may already some great local places, landlords… etc are just some of many reasons people may not have a collection. I mean I’m not stupid enough to have gotten married, but more than half the reasons I just listed prevented me at one point or another from starting my collection. Don’t shame others just because these issues may not apply to you, and their opinion can still be valid.

All fair points , but if someone has put their hard-earned cash down , their opinion has more weight in my opinion , especially when they've had a chance to play it in a private setting .
I've played games on location and thought they've been average but then have played them in someone's house and it's almost a whole new experience .

#527 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

How can someone complain about the price of something that he doesn't even buy machines?

#528 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

How can someone complain about the price of something that he doesn't even buy machines?

I think Ice charges way too F’ing much for their home model skee-ball machine. I haven’t bought any. I also think Jeep Wranglers are priced crazy stupid given the lack of standard features. Don’t own any. My opinion is still valid and many (including Jeep owners) agree.

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I agree it’s not cool to do. However, there are a few people on here that don’t own any pins and yet they love to trash others games that people bought. At that point it’s fair game to provide some criticism.

As others have said there’s often more credibility given to people who actually buy games and then voice their opinions versus those who don’t and then just bash.

#530 1 year ago

y'all are giving too much attention to M00nmuppet (which is clearly what he's looking for). as ls1chris said, he's just a troll who doesnt add anything positive to this hobby/pinside other than trash talking. I don't really care if he owns any games or not, but if all you do is repeate the same boring criticisms over and over and over and over again like a F'ing broken record it's probably time to hit the ignore button. Continuing to respond to him is pointless.

#531 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think Ice charges way too F’ing much for their home model skee-ball machine. I haven’t bought any. I also think Jeep Wranglers are priced crazy stupid given the lack of standard features. Don’t own any. My opinion is still valid and many (including Jeep owners) agree.

You're right, everyone is entitled to their oppinion and has a right to be heard. The point is, do you hang around jeep wrangler forumns complaining about how much they suck, lack features, cost too much and the people who buy them are nuts, blah blah blah. I am hoping you don't, haha, cause that would be sad.

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

i was away washing my '23 Rubicon Wrangler 4XE ( fully equipped i may add)and missed the action here. you have to be fat , to be fat shamed, and you actually have to have a collection to be collection shamed. Wouldn't US as actual TS4 owners, those ones getting ripped constantly about our choice of purchase be the ones whom are being collection shamed?? one cannot persistently be a troll and not get called out for lack of credibility.

yeah-this-is-r37l9t (resized).jpgyeah-this-is-r37l9t (resized).jpg
#533 1 year ago

I finally played the game on location. I did not care for it. All these people saying they changed their minds when they played it... Not me. It's a $6,000 game in my opinion.

#534 1 year ago

I should add, though, that I totally understand the approach of having TS4 code be less deep, so that kids and barcaders can get to the wizard mode. I'd actually appreciate it for location pins, there's so much on so many location games I'll never get to see. But with the home market playing such a part in sales, there needs to be an option for a deeper game - somewhere in the settings? Or have a super-deep game like JP, but have the option of playing the wizard mode separately? I'd love to see that option on more games.

#535 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]
I want to thank you both for keeping this thread alive and well in my absence with some of the best trolling Pinside has seen in years. You guys kept the false truths, putdowns, and more up over these past two weeks and I commend you both for it. I mean Thunderbird you even said while I was gone that I bought Toy Story 4 CE just to sell like my other JJP pins. I've bought every JJP pin, have only sold Dialed In and Pirates and today own 5 JJP's but I mean yeah that's another excellent troll comment. Congratulations, here is a special certificate for you both!
With that being said I'll be posting a new Toy Story 30 day review thread soon, trigger warning a list of toys and mechs will likely be included. Also, what are the toys on Scooby Doo? You can't say a spinning disk, and jump ramp are not toys and at the same time say a plastic vibrating bobble head and ball locks are toys lol. I see what what you guys are doing Again great work, bravo for a great performance, keep it going!
Now I need to get back to playing some Toy Story 4 in my new custom PanzerFreak flip flops made by Kaneda himself, very comfy.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Had completely forgotten about this thread and now you resurrect it again, lol!

480634E9-15F6-456A-8FB9-83B20A886803 (resized).jpeg480634E9-15F6-456A-8FB9-83B20A886803 (resized).jpeg

Hooray! Our buddy Freak is back!! So happy, as you were the creator and star of this ultimate trollers show, making it such fun!!! We award you the best troller of all time award, topping any of our efforts.
9436814D-48BB-449F-84DC-CDE2DE1AE69D (resized).jpeg9436814D-48BB-449F-84DC-CDE2DE1AE69D (resized).jpegIn keeping with the “kiddie” theme of TS4, we picked out a certificate befitting childish trollers everywhere, . Glad you’re back! We missed you!!

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Had completely forgotten about this thread and now you resurrect it again, lol!
[quoted image]
Hooray! Our buddy Freak is back!! So happy, as you were the creator and star of this ultimate trollers show, making it such fun!!! We award you the best troller of all time award, topping any of our efforts.
[quoted image]In keeping with the “kiddie” theme of TS4, we picked out a certificate befitting childish trollers everywhere, . Glad you’re back! We missed you!!

You are too late, nice try though

#537 1 year ago

Panzer being back still doesn't change the fact that TS4 is an overpriced dud!

The game still sucks worse than Forky!

#538 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Panzer being back still doesn't change the fact that TS4 is an overpriced dud!
The game still sucks worse than Forky!

Well stated! We really saw how overpriced TS4 CE is, after the release of another CE pinball game Scooby Doo with many more features at a mere $5,231.00 less than JJPs outright fleecing with an almost empty PF no less.

#539 1 year ago

Best comment so far is the suggestion this game is just called "Story"

#540 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well stated! We really saw how overpriced TS4 CE is, after the release of another CE pinball game Scooby Doo with many more features at a mere $5,231.00 less than JJPs outright fleecing with an almost empty PF no less.

Hope it’s better than Halloween and Ultra Man which seem fairly loaded. Remember what happened there?

What exactly are these many more features you speak of? Not seeing them. Keep trying Scooby looks cool but you can’t tout its features and then ignore everything, including code and software design, on Toy Story…it shows your bias.

#541 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hope it’s better than Halloween and Ultra Man which seem fairly loaded. Remember what happened there?
What exactly are these many more features you speak of? Not seeing them. Keep trying Scooby looks cool but you can’t tout its features and then ignore everything, including code and software design, on Toy Story…it shows your bias.

Do remember what happened with HWN/ULtra, since I made a non-refundable deposit. They are not “fairly loaded” at all; name the mechs they have??? Not bias, as JJP does code most of their machines fairly deeply, but TS4 is the exception, being quite shallow. You’re right, we haven’t seen code/software design on SD yet. SD is being programmed by a total newbie, so that remains to be discovered.

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Do remember what happened with HWN/ULtra, since I made a non-refundable deposit. They are not “fairly loaded” at all; name the mechs they have??? Not bias, as JJP does code most of their machines fairly deeply, but TS4 is the exception, being quite shallow. You’re right, we haven’t seen code/software design on SD yet. SD is being programmed by a total newbie, so that remains to be discovered.

TS4 is the first time the factory settings are not as hard or difficult as other JJP machines. You can can make the game more difficult with a steeper pitch from 6.5°(manufacturer recommended) to 7° or 7.5°
. Adjust the flipper coil strengths up 2 or 3 to compensate for the pitch increases. Change the rules from factory to hard. Scott D. Is the only spooky machine I own all the rest are not for me.

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

There's a lot in Halloween and Ultra Man, multiple upper playfields, those two mechs that raise the balls to the flippers, drop targets, 4 ramps, and multiple 3D molds. If those two games are loaded then then why are they not universally acclaimed and soaring in value? I've only played an Ultra Man and actually enjoyed it.

Toy's Story's ruleset is IMO deeper (and more enjoyable) then Guns n Roses which I also own. How can that be when Guns n Roses has 20+ song modes? The modes in Toy Story 4 are all fairly unique, there's 7 approachable yet challenging tasks to attempt the wizard mode, there's 11 carnival modes, there's 6 multiball modes with various depth (Carnival multiball), most of the modes are more objective based then those in Guns n Roses which pretty much all play the same (besides the album modes), and there's two paths to the wizard mode which features multiple stages and a variety of custom animations. Does that sound shallow to you? Probably yes as you have a personal vendetta against the game lol but for the majority of the rest of the pinball community no. I'm sure some will disagree with my reasons, totally cool of course, but these are just my opinions.

Also, I know you enjoy TMNT as you post in the owners thread (where you acted completely different and were actually decent to others). I owned a TMNT Premium for over a year and while that game is deep I would say that Toy Story is the deeper game (reasons above) IMO.

You can stop the act and charades anytime now. Everyone knows what you and Muppet have been doing by now, it's over.

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's a lot in Halloween and Ultra Man, multiple upper playfields, those two mechs that raise the balls to the flippers, drop targets, 4 ramps, and multiple 3D molds. If those two games are loaded then then why are they not universally acclaimed and soaring in value? I've only played an Ultra Man and actually enjoyed it.
You have zero credibility when it comes to saying that Toy Story 4 is shallow. All you do is relentlessly bash the game in a trolling way, you don't acknowledge the features that are in the game, you don't own one, you don't say why the game is supposedly shallow, and yet you say Scooby Doo (a game that no one has seen in person or played) is already better...I own Toy Story 4, have owned every JJP, currently own 5 JJP pins and can confidently say that Toy Story's 4 ruleset is not shallow.
This next comment really isn't for you as nothing I say will change your opinion. Toy's Story's ruleset is in my mind deeper (and more enjoyable) then Guns n Roses which I also own. How can that be when Guns n Roses has 20+ song modes? The modes in Toy Story 4 are all fairly unique, there's 7 approachable yet challenging tasks to attempt the wizard mode, there's 11 carnival modes, there's 6 multiball modes with various depth (Carnival multiball), most of the modes are more objective based then those in Guns n Roses which pretty much all play the same (besides the album modes), and there's two paths to the wizard mode which features multiple stages and a variety of custom animations. Does that sound shallow to you? Probably yes as you have a personal vendetta against the game lol but for the majority of the rest of the pinball community no.
Also, I know you TMNT as you post in the owners thread (where you acted completely different and were actually decent to others). I owned a TMNT Premium for over a year and while that game is deep I would say that Toy Story is the deeper game (reasons above) IMO.
So you can stop your games, your covers been blown for weeks now, just accept your trolling certificate and move on

We need only look to our thread leader’s own words….

15425B3F-729B-496A-9D2A-BA7FB70F4F23.jpeg15425B3F-729B-496A-9D2A-BA7FB70F4F23.jpeg
Via the Freak’s words: the code for TS4 is shallow “not deep enough”. Words written by you before you got a half price deal on a TS4 CE, lol So who exactly has zero credibility???

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

We need only look to our thread leaders words….
[quoted image]

Did you not see the name of this thread? It's titled "I was wrong about Toy Story 4, what a great pin". You can post all day long what I said about the game before I saw it in person, before I played it in a setting where it was setup properly, and when I played a game or two in a setting where it was hard to hear everything going on. My comments on the ruleset at the time were based on what others said who didn't even play the game lol, how could I honestly say the ruleset is shallow when I didn't even give the game a chance? Again...I was wrong.

I honesty don't know what you are trying to do at this point. This thread is an example that you can't really judge a game before you play it. It's easy to bash a game based on pictures and YouTube videos alone which is what I did. Same thing happens all the time with other games, it's not good to do. Others will still dislike a pin even after they played it which is normal. Is Toy Story 4 the greatest pin or hell even in the top 10 pins ever made? No but do I find it fun? Yes, that's all I've been trying to say this entire time.

Again the name of this thread is "I was wrong about Toy Story 4, what a great pin"...So what's your point?

#546 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Did you not see the name of this thread? It's titled "I was wrong about Toy Story 4, what a great pin". You can post all day long what I said about the game before I saw it in person, before I played it in a setting where it was setup properly, and when I played a game or two in a setting where it was hard to hear everything going on. My comments on the ruleset at the time were based on what others said who didn't even play the game lol, how could I honestly say the ruleset is shallow when I didn't even give the game a chance? Again...I was wrong.
I honesty don't know what you are trying to do at this point. This thread is an example that you can't really judge a game before you play it. It's easy to bash a game based on pictures and YouTube videos alone which is what I did. Same thing happens all the time with other games, it's not good to do. Others will still dislike a pin even after they played it which is normal. Is Toy Story 4 the greatest pin or hell even in the top 10 pins ever made? No but do I find it fun? Yes, that's all I've been trying to say this entire time.
Again the name of this thread is "I was wrong about Toy Story 4, what a great pin"...So what's your point?

Well one point we both agree, TS4 is fun to play a few times at an arcade spending at most a couple of twenty's. Home ownership at $16,500.00 with tax and shipping, is the real question here….

0CC4C494-F5A6-4D46-AF64-4864F763AD0C (resized).jpeg0CC4C494-F5A6-4D46-AF64-4864F763AD0C (resized).jpeg At that extremely high price, Clip Clip is a flip flop. (Or maybe PanzerFreak is the flip flop? Lol, love your new shoes. They’re so stylish! Glad you have a pair…
6BAD2D21-645D-410E-8465-844E05E140AE (resized).jpeg6BAD2D21-645D-410E-8465-844E05E140AE (resized).jpeg

#547 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well one point we both agree, TS4 is fun to play a few times at an arcade spending at most a couple of twenty's. Home ownership at $16,500.00 with tax and shipping, is the real question here….
[quoted image] At that extremely high price, Clip Clip is a flip flop. (Or maybe PanzerFreak is the flip flop? Lol, love your new shoes. They’re so stylish! Glad you have a pair…
[quoted image]

A lot of people don’t pay sales tax and then maybe $200 - $300 for shipping right? For some reason you love to to tack these values on for JJP pins but then forget them for all other titles as if they are excluded. That behavior is trollish lol, can’t have it both ways.

This thread for me was never really about value, I made a trade for the game that both the seller and I thought was fair. The value argument is hard to make today due to insane pricing. I’ve mentioned a few times though how I think Toy Story 4 is over priced. Same now goes for Stern LE’s at $13k. Pricing is just nuts across the board. We can’t play the game anymore either of “Oh Stern charges $13k, so JJP needs to charge more” or vice versa as that’s what got us here in the first place.

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Pricing is just nuts across the board.

Agreed. At these prices I've got to be in love_ with the game.

#549 1 year ago

It's just weird how bad-decision history repeats itself. Remember how Lawlor's first JJP title was going to be called Chaos in Quantum City? And it was going to be about survivng big blockbuster disatsers? Then, for some undogdly reason, they named it Dialed In and gave everyone the impression it was a pin about cell phones.

Now they have the Toy Story license, basically like printing money (especially at those inflated prices) - and they go with Toy Story 4's nocturnal carnival scenes as the ENTIRE pin. A jump ramp that just screams a Buzz Lightyear liftoff, and instead it's for a Canadian motorcycle character that no one remembers. There have to be people inside JJP who were staring in horror at the "ignore Toy Story 1-3" decision being made, but were powerless to stop it. Maybe one day we'll get to hear who bulldozed the obvious...

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

It's just weird how bad-decision history repeats itself. Remember how Lawlor's first JJP title was going to be called Chaos in Quantum City? And it was going to be about survivng big blockbuster disatsers? Then, for some undogdly reason, they named it Dialed In and gave everyone the impression it was a pin about cell phones.
Now they have the Toy Story license, basically like printing money (especially at those inflated prices) - and they go with Toy Story 4's nocturnal carnival scenes as the ENTIRE pin. A jump ramp that just screams a Buzz Lightyear liftoff, and instead it's for a Canadian motorcycle character that no one remembers. There have to be people inside JJP who were staring in horror at the "ignore Toy Story 1-3" decision being made, but were powerless to stop it. Maybe one day we'll get to hear who bulldozed the obvious...

You have some very odd views. Are you, Thunderbird, and that JimWet guy all really Kaneda and using a VPN to post?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.95
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 696 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-was-wrong-about-toy-story-4-what-a-great-pin-initial-thoughts/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.