Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

403162_10150613644143465_129446698464_11144620_448774237_n.jpg
image.jpg
20150515_205242.jpg
morpheus.jpg
IMG_1276.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm actually pretty disappointed with the sound. I've got the thing cranked up almost to the max and it still doesn't match the volume on the WOZ and LOTR that are flanking it. Have to look into a Flipper Fidelity kit or something to crank it up.

Then there must be something wrong with your game or you are hard of hearing. My AC/DC still has stock speakers and you can crank it up to ear bleedingly loud without even trying.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What?
Nothing wrong with the game. The music isn't loud enough. I get that the callouts have to be louder than the music, but the music volume drops when the callouts happen anyway. If anybody knows about menu settings to adjust that, let me know. Thanks.

DeathHimself beat me too it...someone must have changed your settings...The music is loud as f*ck on this game.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I cannot turn my ACDC volume all the way up......it becomes ridiculously too loud and I like to feel the sound in my bones. Loudest I ever had it was 42 and my neighbors (Duplex) said they heard me playing and they never hear my games. Like DH said, I'd do a reset cause the sound is impressive in my opinion. Welcome to the club.

I just checked mine - it's at 46 and it's loud as hell. Of course it'll get drowned out if other games are on...I just cranked it up to 62 (max) just to see what it sounded like....for my ears *OUCH* but it's loud and clear!

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Stopped home for lunch and reset the factory settings on the machine. That was a mistake. Didn't effect the sound, but took out all the nice settings the previous owner had. Now I'll have to go through everything to get them back.
Found the sound settings. They are near the end...it's easier to scroll backwards to get to them. The settings go from -60 to 60. Like Eskaybee said, it's an attenuation, so turning it up actually turns the sound down. Totally counterintuitive. I put the music at -60 (the max) and sound at -30. They had previously been at 0 and 0, I think. There's a change, but it's still not loud enough. It's AC/DC. I want the f-ing neighborhood to shake when I power up.
And WOZ is still louder.
I'll have to tool around when I have more time. And add an amp and/or subwoofer.

Your game's f*cked up. What your describing is NOT how AC/DC or any Stern SAM game is. At stock settings, Volume at 45+ should be incredibly loud and clear.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

We may have a difference of opinion on what's "loud." I'm starting to think it's me that's f**cked up and not the game.
The Pinnovators mod was all hooked up fine. Nothing came loose. Played with the volumes. Set the music to -60 and voice to -20 (at -30 it was a little too loud over the music). Machine volume is at 50. It vibrates the floor a little but no big deal...not like my other machines.
Correct me if I'm wrong: The music on this game is still pretty low compared to the sounds and callouts, right? So that there's balance? Maybe that's what I'm not getting.
I think it's just me and I was expecting more. I'll have to consider a subwoofer or amp and maybe I'll be happy. Hopefully I can play somebody else's to see if there's a difference.
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! If this IS a problem, I can't imagine what else would be causing it.

I dunno man, either your hearing is boned or your game is boned. With stock settings, the music is loud and the voices/sound FX are mixed properly. If it's vibrating the floor at 50 but not loud enough....I....I just don't get it. Your main speakers must be broken. Maybe only your cab speaker is functioning correctly.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

How long do most people take to get a good handle on the rule set? I read a some about the rules prior to playing my machine. It plays so quickly that I find it difficult to remember much. I spend a lot of time just trying to avoid the quick drains and sdtm shots.

Just try for the basics at first.

-Pick a song...that song's "shot" (ex. Bell for Hells Bells, TNT targets for TNT, Lightning targets for Thunderstuck, etc) will light new shots that will beef up your song jackpot.

-Lighting 8 songs on the Jukebox (by hitting those song's shots) will allow you to change songs. Songs are like modes, so see how many you can get through!

-Go for Multiballs. Ramp shots will light Jam, Targets will light Album, and Orbits will light Tour. You can stack them, so see if you can get them all lit and start them all at once!

-Multiple Bell shots will start 2x and then 3x scoring. Try to get it going during Multiball!

-Get VIP passes from Skill shot (flashing top lane) or Super Skill Shot (hold Right button while launching, then hit the white arrow shots before they vanish). Save your VIP passes for Multiball. VIP usually will usually kick out another ball during Multiball, so if you're about to blow it, use your VIP pass to stay in the game!

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

AC/DC Premium is one of a kind. Even with the glaring omission of cannon modes...it is one of the all time greats. Enjoy it. We sure have!

There are cannon inserts. No one ever said they had to be modes. You want a cannon mode? Play "For Those About To Rock" ....that's a cannon mode.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Greg, you must have gotten really lucky. Like beelzeboob, my sound was disappointing (especially wrt volume).

I dunno, maybe our ears hear different things. Did you notice if my game sounded "good" or not when you were over or were the other games too distracting? Come play it again without all the other games on...I'm curious if mine sounds "different" to you. It's bone stock in the sound dept - I haven't even hooked it up to an external sub.

Quoted from snaroff:

I thought the mechanical band was cheesy too...especially since the mechanism was so poorly designed (the pins on the back would fall off every 50 games or so

Man, maybe you got an overall lemon. I've prob put 1000 plays on mine, the band has never had a problem.

Also - I'm in the camp that loves the band. Any extra mechanical movement on a pin is good in my book...I like how they move to the beat, so they move at different speeds for different songs...it's just one more thing to make Multiball more lively. I don't have time to watch concert footage while playing, I'd rather "feel" the band rocking out.

#98 8 years ago

Not sure if this helps as it's an iPhone video ...but here's a quick video of me adjusting the volume on my game. Let me know if it's too quiet or sounds shitty lol

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Both. You just saved me a ton of headache...it's not my machine, it truly is the sound. If that was as loud as it should be, it most likely would have distorted when being picked up by your phone. Now, time to get to work. When my Congo sounds better than my AC/DC, there's a problem.
(And I wish you didn't live in LA - I'd have you over for a beer and you could tell me how I'm either deaf or f***ed up!)

I still think you're nuts. I have Congo and while its a great sounding game - they're both as loud as you'd want a game to be.

#106 8 years ago

Well, it's not the game. AC/DC and all SAM Sterns are perfectly loud. You must be hard of hearing. I'm sorry.

Quoted from bigd1979:

But I get what your saying I have to turn it up to 47 to really get any decent sound.

That's normal for Stern. They don't use the same "volume increments" as B/W.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So having it up to max is pretty normal?

Max, no...40's, yes. I just checked my SAM Stern games. IM and FGY are at 35, Tron's at 47, Metallica's at 45, AC/DC's at 46. All are very loud.

I just checked some of my WPC'95's - CV and NGG are at 8. My Congo came with upgraded speakers, so that one's comfortable volume is 18.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really even at 47 its like tz, congo and my others at 12 id say? Maybe I just like really loud stuff lol I have quite a stereo in my expedition and most cars ive owned for thag matter.

I like loud, I don't like uncomfortable. I guess AC/DC Maxed out would be equivalent to a 12. Maybe you guys have all suffered some hearing loss over your lives.

Is AC/DC the "blue dress/white dress" of pinball sound? One of my local pin-friends said to me "AC/DC sounds like SHIT out of the box...check this out!" ...he had some crazy sound amplifier hooked up to it....started playing - to ME it sounded like shit. It was all bass and distortion...sounded like absolute puke...again - I think he's had some hearing loss (he talks very loudly)...so maybe to some people distortion and rumble sounds "good". *shrug* ...glad AC/DC sounds perfect to me lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-was-wrong-about-acdcand-im-sorry?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.