Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

403162_10150613644143465_129446698464_11144620_448774237_n.jpg
image.jpg
20150515_205242.jpg
morpheus.jpg
IMG_1276.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinChili.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

The sound on the Premium really is fantastic and I do love the jukebox idea and ability to select your favorite mode/song. But beyond that, still not a game for me.

This reminds me that I still need to sell my Laseriffic train topper that I never installed before selling mine. Need one?

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm actually pretty disappointed with the sound. I've got the thing cranked up almost to the max and it still doesn't match the volume on the WOZ and LOTR that are flanking it. Have to look into a Flipper Fidelity kit or something to crank it up.

Really? I thought ACDC Premium had the best subwoofer in it that Stern has ever used. Although next to WOZ it might get drowned out a little. I use the Polk PW10 subs on all my games now though and they sound fantastic.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from BillR:

My Pro has the same problem - sound isn't very loud and at the higher volume levels it sounds distorted and crackly. I've added ridiculous speakers and amps, same problem. I'm considering a new board for mine to see if that's the problem. Maybe a poorly built board. I'm not upset though, the game is still awesome and lightning fast.

This definitely sounds like you have an issue somewhere. I swear the sound on my AC DC was fantastic. You could crank it up with no issue and the stock sub was actually pretty decent (although as noted, I still go with the external PW10 subs because they rock.)

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

ACDC is your number #4 rating out of almost 700 pins rated? The best rated on Pinside also. Wow!

The entire ratings system on Pinside is in SERIOUS need of being overhauled and sorry but AC/DC is more evidence of that. Terrible system that is easily abused and that which WAY too much weight is given.

Back in 2008 or so MM wasn't even in the top 10. All of a sudden in a very short period of time the ratings soared on it (and AFM to some degree) and suddenly they were at the top of the rankings (only a dozen years after it came out) and prices soared. No chance of rankings tampering there?? Hmm. Given the rise in pinball prices in general there is so much to benefit from tampering with rankings that it really needs better safe guarding and scrutiny.

Last note ... the clickety clackety dancing band of flat plastics is one of the silliest and cheapest "toys" I've seen since Rolling Stones came out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinChili.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-was-wrong-about-acdcand-im-sorry?tu=PinChili and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.