Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

403162_10150613644143465_129446698464_11144620_448774237_n.jpg
image.jpg
20150515_205242.jpg
morpheus.jpg
IMG_1276.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Then there must be something wrong with your game or you are hard of hearing. My AC/DC still has stock speakers and you can crank it up to ear bleedingly loud without even trying.

My Pro has the same problem - sound isn't very loud and at the higher volume levels it sounds distorted and crackly. I've added ridiculous speakers and amps, same problem. I'm considering a new board for mine to see if that's the problem. Maybe a poorly built board. I'm not upset though, the game is still awesome and lightning fast.

#29 8 years ago

I added a 100w powered sub amp in the cabinet along with a 12" sub and cut the hole bigger to suit, then in the backbox I put a low-level converter, 40w amp with a cooling fan and 2 40w coax speakers. I had to add 2 cooling fans to the sub amp to keep it from overheating after 10 or 12 games. Then I lined the glass edges with electrical tape to keep it from rattling. It's really a monster. During Thunderstruck, when you hit the lightning bolts you can feel your heart skip a beat LOL. So I have plenty of volume now, just need to fix the crackling that still exists. In hindsight, the 12" sub was a bit overkill. I think an 8" would have been plenty.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think you sell yourself short. 15" would have been a compromise.

Well, 12" is the max without moving the power supply, and I didn't want to get into that.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All my b/w pins are way louder than my new met also and I was quite disappointed with the sound on my first stern pin even with a sub hooked up it still lacks (well not the bass now lol). But I get what your saying I have to turn it up to 47 to really get any decent sound.

Weird, while my acdc sound is a never ending experiment, my metle sounds so awesome all I did was hook up an external sub- it's honestly loud and clear out of the box. I'm surprised they seem to vary so much, it doesn't seem sensible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-was-wrong-about-acdcand-im-sorry?tu=BillR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.