(Topic ID: 189183)

I was robbed last night and they took my gun.

By zr11990

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by SUPERBEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1968 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

This morning a woman knocked on my door and gave me my sons wallet that she found on the ground. OK it fell out of his truck. Before leaving for work I went to my car and the door had been unlocked and left open and my glove box was open and papers on the floor. I called my son at school because I had just told him the night before to not leave money in his car and to lock the doors but he didn't answer. I never thought about the gun I kept under the seat. On the way to work I found my sunglasses case and some other things from his truck and my car on the ground. Fuck, I remembered the gun and sure enough it was gone. It didn't have a clip so it wasn't loaded but still. I just hadn't gone and purchased a clip for it yet. Then my son calls and he said he had $300 in his wallet and of course it was gone. So, not only is $300 gone but there is a gun in the hands of some punk kid with my fingerprints on it. It wasn't registered in my name because I found it in a car but still. I tried to report it and the cops are pretty much " what do you want us to do about it". At least it is on record with 911 that I tried to report it. Fun day

#2 6 years ago

So you found the Gun in a Car, now someone else found a Gun in your car. Sounds fair enough!

#3 6 years ago

Nobody robbed you.

Your car was burglarized.

The guy who took the gun did the same thing you did - he found the gun in a car. Maybe it's really his gun in the first place.

#4 6 years ago

I'm always losing track of my guns! YEEEEE HAAAAW!

#5 6 years ago

Can you elaborate on how this gun came in to your possession? Does find mean steal from the rightful owner?

#6 6 years ago

This will only get worse for you if the gun is used in another crime.

#7 6 years ago

Well... at least it's documented now, right? My wife watches way too much Dateline, 20/20 and 48 hours. This stuff happens on almost every episode where someone gets killed. Always trying to trace back through the timeline of what happened and when. The good episodes are where the viewer is on the fence about what really happened. Come to think of it, maybe I'm watching it too much with her too!!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It didn't have a clip so it wasn't loaded but still. I just hadn't gone and purchased a clip for it yet

IMG_1968 (resized).JPGIMG_1968 (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago

I assume everyone knows I'm a used car dealer. I did not steal a gun out of someone's car. I found it in a car that I bought to sell. It was a old Bursa 380 with no clip that I didn't know if it worked or not. I intended to buy a clip and clean it up and take it to the range. It was under my seat and the car was locked. They must have known what they were doing because they got into my car and into my sons truck without my dog waking up. Worthless damn dog.

#10 6 years ago

Thanks for this.

#11 6 years ago

umm not sure what state you live in where they require you to register a gun to your name. there are records of background checks when you purchase a firearm. Cops really dont care unless there is a murder involved. Their thoughts are ... hey thats why you pay insurance.

In the future you should carry your firearm with you or get a safe to put in your car. never leave anything of value in your car.

I hope you recover everything. Learn and be prepared in the future

#13 6 years ago

Yes I know that, its just a habit I need to change. In my defense, most people here use the term clip instead of magazine just like we say coke instead of soda or pop.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

This morning a woman knocked on my door and gave me my sons wallet that she found on the ground. OK it fell out of his truck. Before leaving for work I went to my car and the door had been unlocked and left open and my glove box was open and papers on the floor. I called my son at school because I had just told him the night before to not leave money in his car and to lock the doors but he didn't answer. I never thought about the gun I kept under the seat. On the way to work I found my sunglasses case and some other things from his truck and my car on the ground. Fuck, I remembered the gun and sure enough it was gone. It didn't have a clip so it wasn't loaded but still. I just hadn't gone and purchased a clip for it yet. Then my son calls and he said he had $300 in his wallet and of course it was gone. So, not only is $300 gone but there is a gun in the hands of some punk kid with my fingerprints on it. It wasn't registered in my name because I found it in a car but still. I tried to report it and the cops are pretty much " what do you want us to do about it". At least it is on record with 911 that I tried to report it. Fun day

Why would someone steal a gun in TX? I thought you guys get a free gun with a full tank of gas?

#15 6 years ago

Aaron Hernandez should have thought of this.

"Um, my car was burglarized, that's it."

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Why would someone steal a gun in TX? I thought you guys get a free gun with a full tank of gas?

To pawn it. They only took money other than the gun. My sunglasses and other things were still there.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I assume everyone knows I'm a used car dealer. I did not steal a gun out of someone's car. I found it in a car that I bought to sell.

You most likely should of reported the gun, to the police when you first found it.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

but there is a gun in the hands of some punk kid with my fingerprints on it. It wasn't registered in my name because I found it in a car but still

Also, Texas does not have a gun "registration". You should have the serial numbers recorded for your own good and if a firearm is stolen, file a police report of the theft including the make, model and serial number. There is also a function to report it to the atf. Gun ownership is a responsibility. I would suggest an NRA sanctioned gun ownership class before toting one around in my car, loaded or otherwise. Don't make other responsible gun owners look bad.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

You most likely should of reported the gun, to the police when you first found it.

Quoted from Skins:

Also, Texas does not have a gun "registration". You should have the serial numbers recorded for your own good and if a firearm is stolen, file a police report of the theft including the make, model and serial number. There is also a function to report it to the atf. Gun ownership is a responsibility. I would suggest an NRA sanctioned gun ownership class before toting one around in my car, loaded or otherwise. Don't make other responsible gun owners look bad.

My first thought was "you found it and did not report it?!?!?!". That really is not a smart move...

#20 6 years ago

Right...if you find a gun, safest thing would be to turn it in. You never know when/where that gun was used. Glad nobody was hurt...

#21 6 years ago

My staff have found 2 guns in the last 5 years in repo vehicles. Do not try to walk into the police station with it, you will be making some new friends right away. I just called the police and they showed up to get it with in an hour. 1 was a sawed off small caliber rifle. The trigger guard, part of the but, and the barrel were all cut off. It was also loaded. (Yes even in Canada).

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

You guys do realize that your name is never one any database with the serial numbers of the guns you own. The only record is with the actual seller. I can buy a gun second hand and unless the seller writes my info down it is the same as finding it. I have only one new gun with my info on it and that is a AR-15. My pistols are all second hand with no record. That way they can never come tell me to hand them over. And I have taken the class for a carry permit twice. I don't like to carry as I don't want the responsibility. This one was a piece of shit with no MAGAZINE that I had intended to have cleaned up and buy a mag at some point.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You guys do realize that your name is never one any database with the serial numbers of the guns you own. The only record is with the actual seller. I can buy a gun second hand and unless the seller writes my info down it is the same as finding it. I have only one new gun with my info on it and that is a AR-15. My pistols are all second hand with no record. That way they can never come tell me to hand them over. And I have taken the class for a carry permit twice. I don't like to carry as I don't want the responsibility. This one was a piece of shit with no MAGAZINE that I had intended to have cleaned up and buy a mag at some point.

Yes we are aware. They are referred to as ghost guns. Any sane, responsible gun owner selling a gun would go to a gun store or FFL and have them run a NICS on the person and have them fill out transfer of ownership papers to keep for your records. Thinking a gun is untraceable is silly and could lead to the cops knocking on your door one day. Why take the risk? Buying guns out of a trunk of a car is shady as shit. Keeping a found gun is even more shady.

#24 6 years ago

Here's the real question...why wasn't the gun in a safe...or at the very least, in your house?

#25 6 years ago

You only buy junk out of the trunk of someone's car. You can buy great collector pieces from gun shows second hand and you never fill out paperwork. I paid $400 for a Colt Python at a gun show and it is a $1500 piece. No paperwork.

#26 6 years ago

That's some responsible gun ownership right there.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Here's the real question...why wasn't the gun in a safe...or at the very least, in your house?

Well here is a question. If someone comes into your home to rob you is he going to wait for you to get the piece out of a safe or is he going to us his on you first or stab you or beat you. If you are in your car the piece being in your home or in a safe is not much good to you. You are also forgetting that it was considered to be non working garbage that was out of sight and the car was locked. If I carry I carry something that I know wont blow up in my face and it is not left in the car although most people I know that carry in there car leave it there.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yes I know that, its just a habit I need to change. In my defense, most people here use the term clip instead of magazine just like we say coke instead of soda or pop.

Ummm, no...no we don't.

#29 6 years ago

After what I just read, you better practice saying that.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well here is a question. If someone comes into your home to rob you is he going to wait for you to get the piece out of a safe or is he going to us his on you first or stab you or beat you. If you are in your car the piece being in your home or in a safe is not much good to you. You are also forgetting that it was considered to be non working garbage that was out of sight and the car was locked. If I carry I carry something that I know wont blow up in my face and it is not left in the car although most people I know that carry in there car leave it there.

If you have taken a firearm class twice and you still don't understand that what you did by leaving it in your car is wrong then maybe owning a gun is not for you.

#31 6 years ago

This whole thread really makes me appreciate living in Canada!!

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-was-robbed-last-night-and-they-took-my-gun?hl=deadpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.