(Topic ID: 301184)

I was considering getting an electric bicycle for some exercise.

By Jeff1960

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by F__U
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230124_134557 (resized).jpg
20230206_134918 (resized).jpg
20210916_174748 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesmc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago

I would first ride the 3 different classes of ebikes to decide whether you want a throttle or not, and whether you want pedal assist to 20 mph or 28 mph+. I currently own 11 ebikes. I'm 61 and ride at least 18 miles a day. I go up hills faster than down. I enjoy peddling with assist from 18 to 23 mph. Class 1 only goes to 20 mph. I like peddling hard up a hill and going as fast as I can. Usually 25 mph or so up a pretty steep hill that I go about 20 downhill. I prefer class 3 as I think a throttle can help a rider avoid problems if needed, and helps to start to get to speed.

#11 2 years ago

Some of the best sponsored surfers in the world regularly ride their ebikes to Trestles beach to surf. There was a picture of the World Surfing League Finals a couple weeks ago showing a hundred or so ebikes at the beach. It's a hard beach to get to. I'm gonna guess this crowd to be mostly young and healthy. Our town has a few ebike manufacturers, and it seems that most kids in our neighborhood have them. Our town is hilly. In the past, only hard core cyclists rode in our town. Now it seems most people in our neighborhood have ebikes, and ride them everywhere.

#19 2 years ago

I purchased the tribute bike. It is supposed to ship during the holidays. It is the equivalent to the mosh/cty model that sells for $3800. I am converting the black one and ordered a brooks seat and leather grips to match the tribute bike. They should look pretty cool next to each other. Our local Harley dealer has the ebikes in stock for test rides.

20210916_174748 (resized).jpg20210916_174748 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesmc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-was-considering-getting-an-electric-bicycle-for-some-exercise?tu=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.