• Latest reply 5 years ago by JethroP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

majorettes_final2_master (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I was doing research on a Gottlieb Abra Ca Dabra for games and parts, and found this.

It seems to be a little too high for me, but perhaps someone out there might like it.

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/more-furniture-collectibles/collectibles-curiosities/games/gottlieb-abra-cadabra-vintage-pinball-machine-1975-high-end-restored/id-f_9022571/?utm_content=control&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy9uc0Zb-2gIVgr9kCh0xjAhOEAYYASABEgLr8_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just trying to help...

#2 5 years ago

Gold plated score motor - just what I was looking for!

#3 5 years ago

Looking more closely, The Circus Tiger would seem to be more rare:

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/more-furniture-collectibles/collectibles-curiosities/games/gottlieb-cirqus-tiger-vintage-pinball-machine-1975-fully-restored/id-f_9014881/

IPDB has no numbers and very little information about this as a remake of "Tiger".

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Looking more closely, The Circus Tiger would seem to be more rare:
https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/more-furniture-collectibles/collectibles-curiosities/games/gottlieb-cirqus-tiger-vintage-pinball-machine-1975-fully-restored/id-f_9014881/
IPDB has no numbers and very little information about this as a remake of "Tiger".

It's just called "Tiger" 1100 produced but distributed in Italy.

#5 5 years ago

Well, at least the playfield art is different. The Italian Tiger is leaping "up" versus "down".

#6 5 years ago

And I thought it was ridiculous that I've polished up a couple of score motors.

#7 5 years ago

I've seen a few of these overpriced machines on 1stdibs - has anyone heard of someone actually buying one???

#8 5 years ago

All of the pins on 1sdibs.com appear to originate from Saarbruecken, Germany. I wonder if the person who refurbished them is a Pinsider.

They have a $30k Majorettes with a circular contraption mounted in the rear of the cabinet. What is that?

MajorettesMajorettes

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

All of the pins on 1sdibs.com appear to originate from Saarbruecken, Germany. I wonder if the person who refurbished them is a Pinsider.
They have a $30k Majorettes with a circular contraption mounted in the rear of the cabinet. What is that?

That is a toroidal transformer.

#10 5 years ago

Or You could buy the Majorettes directly from the shop, Pinball Dreams, for 15,000€

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

That is a toroidal transformer.

Probably a step down transformer for 110v Majorettes......
The 60hz score motor runs slower in Europe.......

#12 5 years ago

Ridiculous! Why stop at 30K? Go for 50K.

#13 5 years ago

i saw a recent video on facebook for a williams game skill pool by pinball dreams , sure looked nice but claiming there were 270 hours put into it .

#14 5 years ago

The oddball prices must in part be due to conversion from Euros to USDollars
but only Donald Trump or Jeff Bezo or Richard Branson would be foolish enough to spend
that kind of money on a restored pinball machine.

#15 5 years ago

To me something surreal & unreal about that machine. It has been re-created in a way that was never meant to be-at least from the point of view of a 'practical originalist'.

#16 5 years ago

give me a players quality game to enjoy. that's just ridiculous money

#17 5 years ago

makes pinrescue look like a bargain

#18 5 years ago

These guys make the guy in Palm Desert CA who wants $4500 for a damned Domino look reasonable.

2 weeks later
#19 5 years ago

gold plated score motor...that's f-ing stupid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-wanted-a-gottlieb-abra-ca-dabra-but-this-seems-a-bit-too-much and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.