(Topic ID: 115438)

I want Wrestlemania, but darn Stern's code!

By TigerLaw

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which of the following is most applicable to you?”

• I have bought a Stern in the past two years, the code fiasco at Stern is stopping me from buying Wrestlemania 88 votes
    34%
  • I have not bought a Stern in the past two years, but would buy Wrestlemania but for the code issues with other games. 16 votes
    6%
  • I am buying Wrestlemania regardless of the past coding issues 27 votes
    11%
  • I am not buying Wrestlemania under any circumstance regardless of code 74 votes
    29%
  • I'm sick of reading about this game and Stern's code, but I do like to vote in polls 51 votes
    20%

(256 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c959e6_07a4b37bbe924b62934b46abaf2788fc.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-12-29 at 10.03.16 AM.png
Futurama.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

All depends. Could be right... could be wrong... could lose $3k... could make $3k.

I hope you 'invest' in more than 1. Sounds like you and the hype machine are a lock with this title. Could make piles of cash. By 100 and you are already decreasing supply and increasing hype... Think about that one

Man, if you buy 200 and let them sit in FUN warehouse for 18 months then you could clear .5 mil on the deal.

Do it! Do it! Best investment ever.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just don't know if the community is capable of sticking to their guns.

They won't and it will take much more IMHO. I think people need to be prepared to STOP buying unfinished titles from resellers also.

Right now there are NIB people still easily willing and happy to sell their HUO non-finished STLE (or other LE) and take a 1500 loss. They are happy then buying the next new LE title so they can experience the newest thing on the block.

IF the community actually decides they are also unwillingto pay 6k for HUO LEs and the hit these NIB buyers take grows to 2500 loss then maybe a few more will stop buying uncoded crap. I think it will really take a trickle down approach to sway a culture. NIB pins are really a rich guys sport and many have no problem taking 1500 loss on a toy they own for 12 months. Where does that threshold change? I have no idea, but I easily see all 400 WWEle being sold out to distributors. Will likely take a few cycles in a row of distributors buying too many and having to reach break even or loss point before you change taht behavior.

Basically the change in culture needs to happen many levels deep before you will see a real impact.

I think the best thing anyone can do is to be a nice but squeaky wheel. CALL stern, EMAIL stern, post on your social media streams and link Stern. The more you are genuine and vocal about how poor the code and disgust with unfinished games, the better the chance of them listening.

Just talking about it on Pinside will do almost nothing.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I am a huge wrestling fan. I don't even think code can save this game IMHO.
The gameplay looks slow and repetitive. Ball seems to take a day moving done the wire ramps.
I think if you like stop and go games it could be a great game. It's just not for me. Kinda disappointed.

I think the upper ring will be all about code implementation. If they can do great things with code then the upper ring could be a real treat with lots of action.

I am thinking things like, Do X to build up strength on the main pf. Hit it to upper with only medium strength bar built up and you have weak slammers or only 6 hits available when up there. This would make it so you want to avoid hitting it into the ring until you are fully trained up and strong. Good choose your shot and strategy.

Another mode where you build up time in the ring could be cool.

Reversed slammers after you get pinned and are beat up.

Ring modes where you only want to hit the right side targets and avoid the left.

Gotta think outside of the box, but if code is done right then the ring could be a real reward and challenge = FUN in my book.

On the other hand if the code sucks and you are always just keeping it alive in the upper ring and unlimited hits/stregth and no upper ring strategy then it will get boring quick. Esp in a competitive play environment when the whole objective will be to hit it up to the ring (looks pretty easy with 2 open ramp shots) and then keep it up there as long as possible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-wrestlemania-but-darn-sterns-code?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.