(Topic ID: 115438)

I want Wrestlemania, but darn Stern's code!

By TigerLaw

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which of the following is most applicable to you?”

• I have bought a Stern in the past two years, the code fiasco at Stern is stopping me from buying Wrestlemania 88 votes
    34%
  • I have not bought a Stern in the past two years, but would buy Wrestlemania but for the code issues with other games. 16 votes
    6%
  • I am buying Wrestlemania regardless of the past coding issues 27 votes
    11%
  • I am not buying Wrestlemania under any circumstance regardless of code 74 votes
    29%
  • I'm sick of reading about this game and Stern's code, but I do like to vote in polls 51 votes
    20%

(256 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c959e6_07a4b37bbe924b62934b46abaf2788fc.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-12-29 at 10.03.16 AM.png
Futurama.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

This is the issue as I believe this LE is truly collectable. I do not think a premium will be released and am very worried about code. IF Stern does keep this at 400 units, then it may retain value. If they make a Premium well then I will never trust them again. They did this with TWD, but this time they are saying no premium. Fool me once..

Unless the game is a colossal failure then there will be a Premium made. When Stern says "No" they really mean "Yes." My guess is that the 400 LE's will sell out quickly to distributors and a Premium will be announced within 2 months. 400 LE's isn't a lot when you consider the Worldwide market and the fact that many wrestling fans will likely buy the machine.-Similar to the Metallica Club fans on Metallica. Values may hold pretty well if it's a decent game but I don't see any reason to buy now as opposed to waiting. Met LE is a great game with a similar run (500 units) and those can be bought HUO for less than NIB price now. The days of LE's going up in value are over.

Futurama.jpgFuturama.jpg
#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bingo. Fear of not getting it should not be a factor anymore. Only two LEs have become hard to find & gone up in value like crazy. Tron & AC/DC. Lets look at some factors.
Tron sold many overseas & many to hardcore arcade collectors. Also the game was $5k-or-so when it came out, so it was $2k less than today's LEs. I hate to say $5k is an impulse buy...but in the pinball world, definitely more of an impulse than something in the 7's.
AC/DC was the return of THE KING Steve Ritchie, theme that resounds world-wide, and the LEs had massive "cool factor". Also, only 300 BIB and 200 LTBR....very low numbers for a hot game. Regardless of Premium, increased in value. Price when released - about $1000 less than today's LE's.
So here we are with WWE. Way more expensive from the getgo than the 2 LE's that went up in value, so you're not gonna have many people "impulse" buying it. Collectors are fatigued from code issues. Does WWE have the worldwide appeal that Tron or AC/DC do? I'm going to say no...so - I don't think you'll see tons going overseas, which will increase the likelyhood that you'll find them in the US down the road. Will the hardcore WWE fans rush to buy it like the Metallica fans did with METLE? I'm going to say "no", based on the fact that there already is a "classic" WWF pin & there's virtually zero demand for it. You can look to Star Trek to test this theory. ST has HUUUUGE hardcore fanbase, but they didn't rush out to get Stern's new ST pin....there are already 3 other ST pins, and those have remained affordable and attainable.
So - if you're going to buy WWE - do it because you're the biggest wrestling fan in the world...not because you're afraid of it becoming the next Tron or AC/DC.

I agree with everything you said but you missed the most important factor:

Lyman Sheats non-involvment on rules. Name a Stern title that didn't have either Lyman or Keith on code that has gone up in value? Maybe Ripley's but that was over 10 years ago. Even though the layout and theme look great when you have a less then stellar rule-set people get tired of it after a little while. STLE is the perfect example of this. On a Pro model I could probably live with mediocre rules but not on a $7500 LE..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-wrestlemania-but-darn-sterns-code?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.