104_0450 (resized).JPG
jasonlee (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
A4811340-5EF9-4DE6-9563-A4229DD521A4 (resized).png
134F0201-6A16-420E-B829-D936403449E8 (resized).jpeg
Dead Man's Curve (resized).png
tumblr_oyutsdeOrd1tyylgso1_250 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wrb1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 4 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

the guy played sports for a living. when a guy finds a cure for cancer and dies tragically, I will be sympathetic. SORRY

So you are only sympathetic of a person’s death depending on what they did for a living? Get the hell out of here.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

OP: I want to set the record straight...by making pure assumptions with absolute certainty. Smh

Agreed. The arrogance in the OPs thread title is interesting for sure. Through his experience there is a very good chance he is correct. But, setting the record straight implies that he is refuting something that has yet to be determined through the ongoing investigation. I appreciate the OPs knowledge, however, mechanical failure, structural failure of the airframe, or the pilot having a medical emergency are also all potential causes of the accident that I’m sure are being investigated.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I think your word "arrogance" is just flat out wrong. Reread the OP's original post. He states that he is traumatized by the events that have transpired. I do not think he is being arrogant what so ever
QSS

I don’t think you understand the meaning of the word “arrogance”. I was referring to the title of his thread and not the content of his post. First, when the OP says he wanted to set the record straight that implies that there is a “record” to set straight. The investigation is ongoing and no factual information or “record” has been released, so at this point in time there is no official “record” to set straight. Second, when the OP says he wants to set the record straight, this implies that he is refuting the evidence and wants to tell his side which would differ from what the official investigation found. The official cause of the accident is still a ways out. I have no doubt he is very upset and sympathetic of the accident and probably is right about what happened. How he approached the subject without being involved first hand, was presumptuous and arrogant as he does not know what really happened as do any of us. I don’t think the OP is a bad person at all, I appreciate his insight, I just feel he was pushing his opinions off as fact.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Another armchair fighter pilot.
But he did have first hand knowledge with the transcripts and flight data that he got to review. Do you have access to any of that? Didn't think so. So yes, he is more involved and his HIGHLY educated "opinions" on the subject are no less fact than what the so called investigations will reveal.
Can't you find something else to be offended about?

I wasn’t offended about anything. I may be wrong, maybe the OP can clarify, but the full investigation (or so called investigations as you call it ) conducted by the NTSB will reveal findings that will be more fact than the opinions provided by the OP. Seems like you have an issue with those conducting the official investigation? There is a reason that the final report in accidents like this can take a year or more. Once again, and I’ll go slow for you @vdojaq, I believe the OP probably is right, I do not think I know more than him nor do I think I know what happened, he just came across that he knew what happened and at this point that has not been determined. I am not an armchair fighter pilot, and no I do not have access to any first hand knowledge. I only brought up other possible causes as I have absolutely no idea what happened! Just pure speculation like the rest of us. And I’ll go slow for you yet once again...

I. Was. Not. Offended.
I. Appreciate. His. Insight.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wrb1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-to-set-the-record-straight-about-kobe-s-death?tu=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.