104_0450 (resized).JPG
jasonlee (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
A4811340-5EF9-4DE6-9563-A4229DD521A4 (resized).png
134F0201-6A16-420E-B829-D936403449E8 (resized).jpeg
Dead Man's Curve (resized).png
tumblr_oyutsdeOrd1tyylgso1_250 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 4 years ago

I was telling my wife last night that Kobe and his daughter were unfortunately victims of his own wealth and celebrity, because "regular" people like us would have had to drive.

A great loss.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Seriously? So the fact that he could afford to take a helicopter put him on a collision course with death and put himself, his family and others at unnecessary risk?
What if he had a driver take him and the driver got into an accident and everyone died? Would that be because he didn't drive himself? What if he did and the same thing happened? Would we question why he'd be driving himself instead of paying a "professional" to get him where he wanted to go?
1.25 million people die every year in road crashes, by the way.... Seems to me like "wealth and celebrity" probably reduce your chances of this happening.
Really unfortunate, especially if it could have been avoided. But putting this on his wealth in any way is pretty dumb.

He was in a helicopter because he was wealthy. To not acknowledge that is pretty dumb.

The loss of life would have been no less tragic, but it wouldn't have been front page news if he'd died in a car accident. Sure it would have been a blurb since he was a celebrity, but the fact that it was a helicopter crash, something most people can't afford/have probably never even been in, is something sensationalistic that the papers and cable news can latch onto, regardless of statistics.

To reiterate again - a great loss.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Of all the bunk in this thread, this is the bunkiest.

Speaking of bunky, thank you for donating to Pinside back in 2014.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-to-set-the-record-straight-about-kobe-s-death?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.