104_0450 (resized).JPG
jasonlee (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
A4811340-5EF9-4DE6-9563-A4229DD521A4 (resized).png
134F0201-6A16-420E-B829-D936403449E8 (resized).jpeg
Dead Man's Curve (resized).png
tumblr_oyutsdeOrd1tyylgso1_250 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drenden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 4 years ago

I am also a commercial pilot. 100% agree with you. I fly folks for a multitude of reasons but as the PIC, your passengers life is your responsibility. He should have declared to get priority landing at Van Nuys.

Aviate
Navigate
Communicate

Unfortunately he failed in one way shape or form in all 3 facets

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As they say, any landing you can walk away from is a good one!

Passengers say that. Pilots say “any landing you make and the aircraft is still usable is a great landing”.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Every pilot is an expert... until they die in a fiery crash and everyone is "surprised".
Never have I heard "the guy was a real idiot" and I'm surprised he didn't kill himself sooner!
Think about that. It can happen to the best of the best.

Then you’re not part of the aviation community. There are PLENTY of idiots we chastise regularly. Like this guy Jerry W. He’s a fucking clown. Regularly skirts the regulations and puts his passengers in super dangerous positions. We’re all shocked he hasn’t been scraped off some landscape with a spatula yet.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

The op is wrong.
The conditions were nowhere near as bad as they ended up when the flight was being originated in OC.
Unless the OP has the actual weather report as presented to the pilot prior to flight, he should acknowledge his thoughts are simply speculation with no facts to back them up.

You do realize those reports are widely available the weather and vis were below minimums for vfr regs which is why he asked for special.

ForeFlight has all the info for the surrounding area at the time and it was low ifr in areas died to fog.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drenden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-to-set-the-record-straight-about-kobe-s-death?tu=drenden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.