(Topic ID: 11524)

I want to say something....

By the_pin_family

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

reset.jpeg
    jump.jpg
    images-3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shane300zx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 12 years ago

Well let me say some words. Being a contributor to the boobs thread and if you are at work and open it shame on you! The title clearly states boobs right in it. It isnt like a surprise once you open it. You already know whats in there. HAVING said that i do agree the NSFW probably should have been put on there. But this is not a PINocracy and in the mods who was watching that thread to see if it went past pg13 or the site owner did not like what they saw they would have shut it down right there. I have no basis to compare rpg to this site nore will i. This is the first site i joined and felt right at home here. Will i join rpg? Probably not i have no reason.
    I really feel i should not be stiring the pot so to speak with responding to this thread. But there is a recent activity button on the threads that you the user have responded to. It tracks what has been said in a thread that the user responded to. Ive noticed the first page contains usually the last 24 hours when i click the forum button on the top of the page. So i cant see it being a problem unless there is something im looking for past 24hours. Then on to page 2 i must click.

Quoted from txstargazer3:Pinside has definitely slid towards to gutter in the last few weeks. Many of us seem to be approaching a decision point about it. I am.

Im sorry you are having troubles with the site. Wish there was something i could do to help. Is there something in particular thats bothering you or someone?

Quoted from ThePostmaster:

There seems to be a small group on here who have elected themselves Sheriffs' of Pinside.

Im kinda getting a strange vibe on this one. I have not seen Sheriffing firsthand but i still wonder what happened to brokedad and i dont see pinmike on the forms much anymore. Im sure there was a reason for the conflict and im sure the users had a good reason for going their separate ways. But they made a rational decision. Kinda like the boob thread. Ie im at work and it says boobs in the title so,should i open it and risk being caught by it and losing my job? We all know the answer to that one. Without steeping on any toes and i hate to say it but the OP is slightly giving me the strange vibe for posting this in another forum so i can been seen more because it wasnt getting the attention he felt it deserved.... Sorry not to offend you OP we have never crossed paths and i dont intend to.

Quoted from ThePostmaster:

If I don't like someone's post, I don't read it. If I read it, and don't like it, I don't comment on it. I try and act like an adult.

I love Pinside, as they have helped me fix many problems, taught me many things, and I'll continue to learn, as willing as the people on this site don't flame me for asking stupid questions. We all ask them, it's human nature.

I must agree with you hole heartily on this one. This is the place to be. When i came to the site i knew absolutely nothing about repairing pins. I still dont, but i have a good understanding of how stuff works and have the willingness to learn. The advise i can offer is only applicable to system 80's ans system 1's. Most of the time im surfing the forms trying to offer any insite i can on any other machine.
    As far as the Karma thing,well if you anyone is really about positive and negative karma really think about this, You can go into a topic and post ! and get karma points. Or post something as long as this and get the same karma points. Some people i guess are obsessed with the karma like its the cookie you cant eat. I could see negitive karma being used if a bad deal goes down like a crappy pin that was stated good and showed pics of a great pin paid for it shipped it and arrived nowhere near what the pics represented or it never arrived. I think that would be grounds for a ban not negative karma. Again who would be the issuer of this negative karma? Would it be the sheriff?\
    Sorry my one and probably only rant has been issued on here. Sorry to offend anyone. Again its my opinion take it as that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shane300zx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-to-say-something?tu=Shane300zx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.