Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by wescor97
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Last night about 8:00 on CL up sprung a TOTAN for 700. messed up matrix display, but other then that they said it played great. I actully got to talk to the person and told her through email that i wouldn't be able to get it tell the weekend, she didn't get back to me and its gone now of course. Im not surprised, it was a great deal. I hope a fellow iowan pinsider got her, but man a deal like this dosn't happen all that often. Oh well, back on the hunt. just wanted to share the fish that got away.
~Nick

#2 11 years ago

Just saw a 1934 Rockola world's series pop up on CL for $250. That is such an incredible game, but I was just a little too late on the draw to get to it. Someone in Dallas got an awesome project machine. I'd love to get one of those completely mechanical games someday, but this week wasn't the week.

#3 11 years ago

Seems a little hard to believe. I wouldn't fret over it.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Seems a little hard to believe. I wouldn't fret over it.

That what i keep telling myself. no big deal really, wasn;t ment to be.

#5 11 years ago

Just curious, when you spoke with her, did she confirm the $7000 price verbally?

Dan

#6 11 years ago

You might see a FS post later, by the same seller, for much more cash (if they got wise).

Then again, you might just start getting a lot of spam mail, and never hear about the game again. hehe

#7 11 years ago

No here was her reply:

"It is for sale and the digital screen below the backboard sometimes doesn't show full lettering all the time. Everything else works fine. Most of the time it is fine and a fun game to play. Where r you coming from and when are you available"

Then i told her FD and not until Saturday, asked if she had pics and that i was interested.
Then silence.
The CL ad was pulled this morning, someone was probly just quicker to the draw.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Then again, you might just start getting a lot of spam mail

ohhh no..well part of hobby i guess.

#9 11 years ago

I've lost many pins in very similar circumstances... but it always works out in my favor. It's karma, fate, destiny, etc.

#11 11 years ago

fact: anytime there's a deal on CL, you have to be first to respond, and usually you have to be there within a couple hours with cash in hand.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

fact: anytime there's a deal on CL, you have to be first to respond, and usually you have to be there within a couple hours with cash in hand.

absolutely.
You can't ask for pics on a deal of the century like this, then say you can't come til the weekend.
Better luck next time.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

You can't ask for pics on a deal of the century like this, then say you can't come til the weekend.
Better luck next time. []

I know, but that is all i could offer, so it was worth a shot.

#14 11 years ago

I think your self punishment is too light. I kid, I kid. That does suck badly though

#15 11 years ago

I saw the ad as well and messaged right away. Played the nice guy: "you have something worth more here" type of deal and provided my name and number so we could discuss in person.

I did not receive a reply via email or phone. I have started to get Spam to this email now.

I highly doubt that the ad was real, however, I did google search the image and could not find any matches...

#16 11 years ago

I leave work for good deals! I leave the dinner table for good deals.. If you want good deals, you had better be able to jump at a moments notice !

Jim

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I leave the dinner table for good deals

what i have to leave dinner?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

I have started to get Spam to this email now.

I havn't yet, but i expect it

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I leave work for good deals! I leave the dinner table for good deals.. If you want good deals, you had better be able to jump at a moments notice !

This is true in pinball and in life!!!!

#20 11 years ago

probably phony but you should do all that anyway for the humor value

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

The CL ad was pulled this morning, someone was probly just quicker to the draw.

It might have been flagged. Email her.

LTG

#22 11 years ago

"I want to punch myself in the face, stomach, balls and then self front wedgie"

Please post youtube video of yourself doing this as punishment for your stupidity.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

Played the nice guy: "you have something worth more here" type of deal and provided my name and number so we could discuss in person.

More like: Played the "I'm going to ruin somebody else's amazing deal because I may have gotten there too late" card to me....

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from dnhayden:

More like: Played the "I'm going to ruin somebody else's amazing deal because I may have gotten there too late" card to me....

Don't think so. I emailed literally minutes after it was posted. The best way to score a machine is to be as fair and honest. I would've beat you to it, being in UT and all...

#25 11 years ago

Yeah we all want those deals, that's the problem, they go FAST!

#26 11 years ago

I lost out on a local SS for $1500. A flipper wasn't working and the owner didn't really know what they had, it was reposted at more than twice the price a week later. Someone also posted a corvetter for $1000 about two years ago around here, I responded within a few minutes but was beaten to it.

#27 11 years ago

Nice title! but that sucks dude.
Never wait till the weekend, always find a way, be creative, there is always a way to get it paid for and picked at that price.

#28 11 years ago

"face, stomach, balls" = punishment Hat Trick......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 119.99
$ 9.95
$ 84.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-to-punch-myself-in-the-face-stomach-balls-and-then-self-front-wedgie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.