5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by prostie
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

When I was 16 my dad bought a Genie pinball machine for $200 from our friend who was moving out of state and didn't have the room to transport it with the rest of his stuff. Fast forward 5 years, he still plays this machine religiously. I've been very fortunate in my life from my parents and always wish I could've thanked him in some awesome way. My goal would be to make a pinball machine with everything he wants that the Genie doesn't have. He would love to have a ramp or two, multi-ball, and some other fun features.

So now comes to the point where I want to design and build my own pinball machine. I am currently a second year electrician apprentice so the wiring doesn't scare me. Growing up I've built a dog house and shed and play set with my dad so the cabinet doesn't seem hard. I have a buddy currently in college for computer science so any coding he would assist in. My issue begins on my lack of knowledge of the guts of a pinball machine. I was wondering if anyone had a good starting place/guidelines to follow through. Things I wish I knew were; estimated cost to build a machine similar to Genie and a parts list of everything I would need. I understand that the parts can greatly vary from machine to machine, but I was wondering if there is a good baseline to follow.
    Thank you for any assistance you provide.
    Have a great day,
    prostie

#5 5 years ago

https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-pinball-platform/hardware-control-system/

Multimorphic makes hardware you can use to retheme an existing machine or use their modular system to design your own from scratch. Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth is one example of what can be done with the system.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-pinball-platform/hardware-control-system/
    Multimorphic makes hardware you can use to retheme an existing machine or use their modular system to design your own from scratch. Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth is one example of what can be done with the system.

Thank you both so much!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-to-create-my-own-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.