Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mbecker
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Rudi:

I have already replyied, but somehow it is gone. So basically what I said was a big thank you for all the help and critique I have got. I didn't think it was easy, but it seems harder than I thought. However I am studying mechanical engineering at the moment, so mechanisms will probably be good to understand for me. I want to get better at electronics and programming, so I think it is a very good project. I researched before, but I did not find pinballmakers.com, which is really helpful I think. I wanted to copy MM, because I won't be able to afford it within the next years. I know now it will be better to start small and if I like it get bigger. One thing that still bugs me is the price for the parts. Is there really no source where I can get a decend kit for cheap? I can't understand why most parts are so expensive. The material is really not that expensive. I think the most expensive thing is the labour cost. It is probably because there is not much competition. The electronics will be cheaper because I can get them from Aliexpress.

A few suggestions that May help you with All of your questions and comments. Yes MM is expensive and but your pursuit of knowledge can be achieved with a lower bar and maybe even Get you your wishes. You wouldn't jump into making a car and start with a Ferrari! I suggest you gather your knowledge like most everyone hear by buying a low cost 3-600$ pinball machine even an EM. Ground up restore it. I mean photo and take Every dam part out and polish it, catalog it, detail it, and repair minor bits as you go. If you succeed with this challenge you will gain a Wealth of how to, learn the parts market resources, and understand troubleshooting hand on! IF you are successful with That you should be able to sell that game for 10 (ish) times what you paid for it! Use that to buy your MM OR take that win fall and roll it into a slightly more complicated Used machine rinse and repeat. You will learn WAY more this way rather than a "it's expensive and Anyone can just build it!" Fail for sure. Good Luck! Basically, build a few puzzles with all the pieces Before you start making your own! lol

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If you're buying a 300-600 dollar EM and expecting to sell for 2500-4500, you're absolutely batsh......

I said (ISH). I was not selling the OP a game nor promising a win-fall of fortune. Point was that many have bought Very rough entry level machines that needed full love and made Extreme payback on their effort. I would not call that Batsh....

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Uh yeah, I went through 40 games in 4 years. I know how to fix a game up nice, keep it a bit, and sell it for a big profit. But *NONE*...not a single one...of those was an EM, and it was several years ago when the market wasn't nutso on used games. Nobody wants EMs outside of a few diehard guys, and they want extremely nice original condition games for the most part, not restored ones. There's just no money in EMs except for a few specific titles like King of Diamonds, Slick Chick, add-a-ball wedgeheads etc. Meanwhile, if you can buy a solid state game for 300-500 and fix it up and it's cosmetically *DECENT*...you're almost guaranteed to make money on that garbage. I've seen two Firepower 2's sell for over 1k in the last month, and 4 years ago they would've been 500 buck games when WORKING.

Ok, your the semantics championship? If I change it to "More than you paid for it" will that help understand I was just recommending the Educational value not the Win Fall value... Umph

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-to-build-my-own-pinball-machine?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.