(Topic ID: 167530)

I want this laser rust remover

By flashinstinct

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

This would make rust removal a piece of cake. Bye bye rusty legs.

#2 7 years ago

Pretty cool! Something kind of memorizing about those videos.

#3 7 years ago

Very satisfying to watch. It seems to not work as well when the rust is extremely advanced to the point of severe pitting. Appears to work more effectively than chemical treatment or griding, though, and practical. I hope whoever was operating that laser was using some sort of respirator, those fumes would be very toxic, no doubt. I wonder how you would go about treating the exposed metal to prevent further oxidation?

#4 7 years ago

petty they don't show the rest of the product either( i.e. it is not just a gun ).
    I can see big $$$ to buy these little beauties.
    Pretty cool though

#5 7 years ago

Yeah the 500W version is like $350,000! LOL watch in 20 years from now you'll be able to get these for home use and the size will be an airbrush.

#6 7 years ago

That tool is very cool.

I too was surprised to see the operator not wearing a respirator. He did have on yellow glasses tho.

BTW: I watched 4 other u-tube vids after this one, and saw the operator in action.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-this-laser-rust-remover?hl=neuromancer87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.