Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I only can buy one, which one should i buy?

A brand new pinball, without failures, with funny gameplay.

Thanks all the answers.

Regards

#2 4 years ago

If money isn't an issue and your want brand new I would go with Deadpool.

Played it for an hour this weekend. Fast. Fun. Controllable. Way to learn. Tons of shots and tons of fun.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ecw0930:

If money isn't an issue and your want brand new I would go with Deadpool.
    Played it for an hour this weekend. Fast. Fun. Controllable. Way to learn. Tons of shots and tons of fun.

I read good things about Jurassic Park, and Iron Maiden, in Europe a 2018 Pinball it's difficult to buy brand new.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

it's difficult to buy brand new

Then don't, buy used with low plays. Better in my book. You can check out the machine and play it before you purchase. Costs less also.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

Funny is your problem. Likely Deadpool is your only real choice unless you like Campy stuff, maybe Elvira.

Maybe you can find a Rick and Morty available through a distributor over there?

Humor in Pinball has for the most part (and sadly) gone away.

#6 4 years ago

I wonder if op just meant “fun” gameplay

#7 4 years ago

Padre de familia

#8 4 years ago

.my vote is DP or JP2!

You cant go wrong with your first machine....good luck!

#9 4 years ago

I enjoy flippin Deadpool a lot. Can't compare it to IMDN as there are no local Maidens to flip on.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

I only can buy one,

This is how it starts

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Funny is your problem. Likely Deadpool is your only real choice unless you like Campy stuff, maybe Elvira.
    Maybe you can find a Rick and Morty available through a distributor over there?
    Humor in Pinball has for the most part (and sadly) gone away.

Humor in pinball, you say??

My wife and I have been joking about making a "Laundry Day" pinball machine based on our life struggle to keep up with laundry.
    - Hit the pop bumpers to sort out dirty laundry.
    - Make sure you hit the water temperature dial, otherwise the laundry colors may run!
    - You'll get extreme bonus points for ironing laundry, since we never iron.
    etc.

#12 4 years ago

I found Monster Bash Remake more fun then the other recent releases. Didn't play a JP though.

#13 4 years ago

I have a deadpool premium and its probably your best bet for Humor. If you could get a rick and morty that would probably satisfy that as well though I havent experienced it first hand.

#14 4 years ago

Deadpool is probably your best bet to get new, but a medieval madness remake would be the best game under those specific conditions.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Then don't, buy used with low plays. Better in my book. You can check out the machine and play it before you purchase. Costs less also.

I must buy in a distribuidor because in Spain if you buy the pinball for a Company don't pay taxes, it's 21% less. The new is cheaper than used.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I wonder if op just meant “fun” gameplay

Quoted from MOSFET:

Humor in pinball, you say??
    My wife and I have been joking about making a "Laundry Day" pinball machine based on our life struggle to keep up with laundry.
    - Hit the pop bumpers to sort out dirty laundry.
    - Make sure you hit the water temperature dial, otherwise the laundry colors may run!
    - You'll get extreme bonus points for ironing laundry, since we never iron.
    etc.

I'm sorry when i say funny i want to say a game i don't get tired of play in one month.

Apologies for my English.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

Thanks all the answers.
    Regards

I was in your position 2 years ago and ended up getting a Ghostbusters Premium Edition as the ‘one’. Such a fun game and the whole family loves it. Added an ACDC, but didn’t have it long. Recently got an Attack from Mars the gameplay is really good. So much so I have ordered a Medieval Madness. So for me, forgetting acdc, if I could only own one that’s a really tough call. Hmmmm... I’m not sure. So I guess I would be happy with any of them! Good luck with your pinball journey, it get pretty addictive.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

Thanks all the answers.
    Regards

Get a brand new game.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

Thanks all the answers.
    Regards

It's on the expensive side, but BM66 is just good campy fun with tons to do, great for a small collection. Some people don't like how it shoots though, so you'll want to try it first (I personally like the shots for the most part). I was worried about the turntable mech as far as reliability, but so far the machine has been super solid.

**Sorry read the the clarification on Funny -- BM66 is still a good deep game for a small collection. It's my only pin currently and I haven't got bored of it after 1500 plays.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

A brand new pinball, without failures

This part might be tricky.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

This part might be tricky.

With less problems possible, i readed "The Stranger Things" Have a lot of issues

#22 4 years ago

i prefer a LE but the Distributor in Spain only have in LE "Stranger Things" and i don't want these machine, in stock have the following machines:
    JURASSIC PARK PRO
    JURASSIC PARK PREMIUM
    MUNSTERS PRO
    MUNSTERS PREMIUM
    MUNSTERS LE
    STAR WARS PRO
    STAR WARS PRO COMIC
    STAR WARS PREMIUM COMIC
    STRANGER THINGS PRO
    STRANGER THINGS LE
    IRON MAIDEN PRO
    BLACK KNIGHT PRO
    DEADPOOL PRO
    ELVIRA PREMIUM

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

i prefer a LE but the Distributor in Spain only have in LE "Stranger Things" and i don't want these machine, in stock have the following machines:
    JURASSIC PARK PRO
    JURASSIC PARK PREMIUM
    MUNSTERS PRO
    MUNSTERS PREMIUM
    MUNSTERS LE
    STAR WARS PRO
    STAR WARS PRO COMIC
    STAR WARS PREMIUM COMIC
    STRANGER THINGS PRO
    STRANGER THINGS LE
    IRON MAIDEN PRO
    BLACK KNIGHT PRO
    DEADPOOL PRO
    ELVIRA PREMIUM

My vote of these would be for Jurassic Park premium. Fun game that you won't get sick of in a few months!

#24 4 years ago

Any one of those will do. If you get a pro I would go with the iron maiden.

#25 4 years ago

JP Premium
    Deadpool Pro
    IMDN Pro
    Elvira Premium

I'd be pretty stoked with any of these to call my own. The Elvira Codes seem to be getting well fleshed out, now.

#26 4 years ago

Personally I would head to a local arcade, if any are around, and play different machines. What some may love, you may hate. Once you find the machine you want, read about it on Pinside. See what known issues the machine may have and what to look for if you go pre-owned (or even new as with Stranger Things). Best of all, enjoy the game .. and I am sure you will quickly add others!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Personally I would head to a local arcade, if any are around, and play different machines. What some may love, you may hate. Once you find the machine you want, read about it on Pinside. See what known issues the machine may have and what to look for if you go pre-owned (or even new as with Stranger Things). Best of all, enjoy the game .. and I am sure you will quickly add others!

In Spain this is impossible, the nearest pinball i have is Star Wars and Munster a distance of 250Milles.

#28 4 years ago

Attack from mars all the way!

#29 4 years ago

Jurassic Park is in my top three, what model is better? Pro or Premium? 6000€ Vs 8200€ around 2500USD more expensive Premium than Pro

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from stavio:

Attack from mars all the way!

Impossible to buy new.

#31 4 years ago

Le's might be sold out but middle special version is still available

#32 4 years ago

If it's my only pin, I bite the bullet and get the JP Premium. Gotta have that T Rex.

#33 4 years ago

I suggest that you play as many of the machines on your list before you purchase. Especially the particular machine that you intend to purchase, assuming that is possible. Every person has their own preferences, so you just need to decide which type machine that you prefer. Personally, based on your list, I would suggest ElVira Premium or Deadpool Premium, but I only see Deadpool Pro on your list... Even new machines can have issues, so if you learn more about the machine before you purchase, you can test it out to make sure everything works properly before you take it home.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

I must buy in a distribuidor because in Spain if you buy the pinball for a Company don't pay taxes, it's 21% less. The new is cheaper than used.

Wow I stand corrected!

#35 4 years ago

Deadpool and Attack from Mars (remake) are wonderful suggestions.

#36 4 years ago

Star Wars will be a good choice? Or Better Jurassic Park? Both Premium.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

Star Wars will be a good choice? Or Better Jurassic Park? Both Premium.

Jurassic Park would be my vote. It's much higher on my list than Star Wars.

#38 4 years ago

I would not put Star Wars in the same category as JP, DP or IMDN.

#39 4 years ago

Hmm, no one here can tell you what game will be the most fun for you but there are some quasi-objective markers:

1. How important is theme to you? If it is important you can narrow the list down that way and then maybe people here can have input to how well the machines integrate the theme.
    2. How hard do you want the game to be? Do "cheap" drain drive you crazy, do you like long or short ball times? This will help narrow the choice down. (SW,JP,BK are the standout difficult games that I've seen from your list, with Elvira maybe having the longest ball times?)
    3. Are you really into flow or do you like more of a shot making game. (SW maybe the best flow? Deadpool known as having a few clunky shots)

I'll leave it to smarter people than me to actually break down where the individual games reside on these criteria.

#40 4 years ago

Attack from Mars Remake (SE or LE if you can find one)
    - Very fun game
    - Simple for the casual player to make things happen, but difficult enough for the advance player to really have to work at it to achieve wizard mode (I've had mine for several months, but still haven't "Ruled the Universe")
    - Humorous call outs
    - Good ball flow
    - Good light show
    - Cool non-licensed sci-fi theme that doesn't go out of style
    - Fun animations for onlookers (I find it kind of difficult to pay too much attention to the DMD when playing)
    - Family friendly graphics, animations, and audio

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-buy-a-pinball?hl=sixleggeddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.