Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Don1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG1907.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I know we all have our wish lists, and unless there is a superhero called Train-Man or a blockbuster movie about Thomas the Train then my wish won't get much traction lol. But for a long time (let's call it four months) I've really really wanted to play a table themed around trains.

You already have rails, so now they'd be tracks. There would be all kinds of different missions from collecting passengers to moving cargo to meeting scheduled stops and pickups. Everything you do builds your train empire and net worth. The art would look like Sid Meiers train game on the PC, or perhaps the Railroad Tycoon franchise style art. And it would have a shaker motor as well as shoot steam out the bottom sides of the table!

The backglass would feature a train track with a train that moves around to different places to show your progress. There would be bells and whistles and the entire history of trains would be represented. You'd have to progress from steam to diesel to electric to.... In the upper playfield it would have a tunnel going out the back like LotR and lots and lots of humor.

Ok, that feels better getting it all off my chest.

What are your wish list themes that you don't think will ever be made (dont' say wizard of OZ)

#9 11 years ago

haha very cool!

I've only really played trains on my PC, so far my compusive nature hasn't plunged in to miniatures 'yet'. Is it weird that I love train games but really have no desire to see them in real life?

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Get a Locomotion by Zaccaria.
    LTG : )

Yeah, I do go out and look at it on ipdb from time to time...

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from rplante:

Here's one for all the Foamers.
    Impressive!
    » YouTube video

Wow... impressive is right

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

+1
    » YouTube video
    Do yourself a favor n get a ACDC Premium & select one song all the time.....

Aaaaawesome video!

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I love the game play of CC and lay out of devices etc. I wish AC/DC was more like it. Also don't forget the train crash in TAF.

Is CC a train theme, I know it's an old west theme... I guess I've never seen it or looked at it at all... but with pinball arcade supposedly releasing it next month I'll be playing it a whole bunch

#34 11 years ago

I played a bit of Sid Meier's Railroad last night, and I shouldn't have because now I really want a table just like it. Actually, I should probably not try and mix two different hobbies... as RCT shows it doesn't always come out the way you hoped it would?

Still, in my imagination a RR table would be amazing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-a-train-themed-pinball-just-saying?tu=don1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.