6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Don1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG1907.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I know we all have our wish lists, and unless there is a superhero called Train-Man or a blockbuster movie about Thomas the Train then my wish won't get much traction lol. But for a long time (let's call it four months) I've really really wanted to play a table themed around trains.

You already have rails, so now they'd be tracks. There would be all kinds of different missions from collecting passengers to moving cargo to meeting scheduled stops and pickups. Everything you do builds your train empire and net worth. The art would look like Sid Meiers train game on the PC, or perhaps the Railroad Tycoon franchise style art. And it would have a shaker motor as well as shoot steam out the bottom sides of the table!

The backglass would feature a train track with a train that moves around to different places to show your progress. There would be bells and whistles and the entire history of trains would be represented. You'd have to progress from steam to diesel to electric to.... In the upper playfield it would have a tunnel going out the back like LotR and lots and lots of humor.

Ok, that feels better getting it all off my chest.

What are your wish list themes that you don't think will ever be made (dont' say wizard of OZ)

#2 6 years ago

If they did a RCT pin, I don't see why they couldn't do a train game.

#3 6 years ago

Get an AC/DC & a Cactus Canyon....bam...trains.

#4 6 years ago

Get a Locomotion by Zaccaria.

LTG : )

#5 6 years ago

Since I work on the railroad they couldn't pay me to take one of these but I understand there are foamers out there.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Since I work on the railroad they couldn't pay me to take one of these but I understand there are foamers out there.

Foamer ...I have been called that by many Amtrak people. The first time I thought it was an insult, ok maybe it was from them.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from GL_Pinguy:

Foamer ...I have been called that by many Amtrak people. The first time I thought it was an insult, ok maybe it was from them.

No I don't think it's an insult just a generalization for train enthusiasts. I guess I would be considered a pinball foamer. I dig it when I'm running and I see little kids at crossings all excited to see the train.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

No I don't think it's an insult just a generalization for train enthusiasts.

When my wife and I ride the train, I have my scanner and GPS set up. The last trip we were stopped outside of Wauwtosa, WI and the SCA came to me to find out what was up. A freight had lost power outside of Columbus and had to bring in help from the dells area. I am the guy who waits for trains at the crossings.

#9 6 years ago

haha very cool!

I've only really played trains on my PC, so far my compusive nature hasn't plunged in to miniatures 'yet'. Is it weird that I love train games but really have no desire to see them in real life?

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Get a Locomotion by Zaccaria.
    LTG : )

Yeah, I do go out and look at it on ipdb from time to time...

#11 6 years ago

Get a Gottlieb K. C. Jones pinball ... BAM! You're done.

#12 6 years ago

ORANGE BLOSSOM SPECIAL

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

ORANGE BLOSSOM SPECIAL

#14 6 years ago

We could call the train machine High Ballin'

#15 6 years ago

Here's one for all the Foamers.

Impressive!

#16 6 years ago

As long as it isn't Chuggington.
    Unless someone like JPop does it, I doubt one will be made.

#17 6 years ago

Z train Multiball must happen NOW!!!! Them passengers can wait.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

As long as it isn't Chuggington.

Chuggington is just a ripoff of Thomas the Tank Engine.

#19 6 years ago

Ok, this thread has me conflicted as I'm selling some pins to make room for a model railroad set-up.

#20 6 years ago

Comet is 'almost' a train theme.

It even makes choo choo and chuga sounds.

#21 6 years ago

My kids like Choo Choo Soul that plays between shows on the Disney Channel...that would be a good theme and the music is already done

#22 6 years ago

Im selling a beautiful Locomotion backglass, maybe that will whet the appetite, whish I had the full machine!!!

IMAG1907.jpg

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from rplante:

Here's one for all the Foamers.
    Impressive!
    » YouTube video

Wow... impressive is right

#24 6 years ago

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

+1

Do yourself a favor n get a ACDC Premium & select one song all the time.....

#26 6 years ago

The foamer video is funny, I know people like that.

#27 6 years ago

im a railfan as well and would love a Diesel themed pin like BNSF

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I love the game play of CC and lay out of devices etc. I wish AC/DC was more like it. Also don't forget the train crash in TAF.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from GL_Pinguy:

The foamer video is funny, I know people like that.

That video posted is a parody of another video. The guy screaming is apparently some railroad big shot making fun of another foamer as seen here:

#30 6 years ago

I was going to suggest GiGi but I was thinking of a totally different kind of train.

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1003&picno=985

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

+1
    » YouTube video
    Do yourself a favor n get a ACDC Premium & select one song all the time.....

Aaaaawesome video!

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I love the game play of CC and lay out of devices etc. I wish AC/DC was more like it. Also don't forget the train crash in TAF.

Is CC a train theme, I know it's an old west theme... I guess I've never seen it or looked at it at all... but with pinball arcade supposedly releasing it next month I'll be playing it a whole bunch

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Don1:

Is CC a train theme, I know it's an old west theme... I guess I've never seen it or looked at it at all... but with pinball arcade supposedly releasing it next month I'll be playing it a whole bunch

CC is more Wild West themed. You fight old west bad guys, collect bounties, etc.

There's a mode or two that involves a train and they're pretty cool but that's it.

#34 6 years ago

I played a bit of Sid Meier's Railroad last night, and I shouldn't have because now I really want a table just like it. Actually, I should probably not try and mix two different hobbies... as RCT shows it doesn't always come out the way you hoped it would?

Still, in my imagination a RR table would be amazing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 11,500.00
    € 222.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 59.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside