(Topic ID: 6587)

I want a LOTR, but may have to settle for something else. Suggestions?

By SunKing

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
    100c.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 12 years ago

Yea if you like LOTR they are easier to find and a bit cheaper than SM so you may as well go for that if it is what you truly want. I love SM but it is a much different game than LOTR. If you get LOTR and your kids don't like it you can simply see which they like and that can be a future pin.

Other fun games that the whole family may like would be WH20, TSPP, & TOTAN. Good luck on your search.

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

What about re-sale value? I'd like to belive that a LOTR Limited Edition might hold it's value, or even appreciate a bit more in 5 to 10 years than a SM, IM or something else.

Unfortunately that has not been the case with the LOTR LE which is why typically you can find them NIB for less than a NIB regular SM. But it's not going to tank in value either. It sounds like you love the game so the great enjoyment you would have during owning it would probably out weigh any loss in monetary value.

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I really wanted a newer DMD, so I ended up trading my High Speed (plus some $$) for a Monopoly.

Hey congrats on the new pin hope you enjoy it!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-a-lotr-but-may-have-to-settle-for-something-else-suggestions?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.