Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mbaumle
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC05887 (resized).JPG
    DSC05903 (resized).JPG
    DSC05909 (resized).JPG
    DSC05911 (resized).JPG
    DSC05912 (resized).JPG
    DSC04672 (resized).JPG
    DSC04674 (resized).JPG
    DSC04681 (resized).JPG
    DSC04683 (resized).JPG
    DSC04840 (resized).JPG
    DSC04844 (resized).JPG
    DSC04858 (resized).JPG
    Lemp 165 (resized).jpg
    Lemp 153-Edit (resized).jpg
    Lemp 011_logo (resized).jpg
    Darkness2 014 (resized).jpg
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

So how exactly did you get involved with the show? Did you and your friends simply respond to an open casting call, or were you somehow involved with the creation of the show?

It’s actually pretty complicated, but Zak is a Drexel University grad. He started the Drexel Paranormal club there. I was a Stockton University grad, but I would tag along on the investigations either to debunk/knock some sense into the group, and simply because exploring old buildings or helping homeowners explain spooky occurrences was/is a ton of fun.

Our group was unique because we injected a lot of genuine science into our technique, and tried to eliminate variables as much as reasonably possible. We built a lot of our own equipment, and gained decent traction locally. Most groups don’t have that sort of background. Zak can go into better detail than I can regarding the finer points, but we eventually responded to an ad and got an interview.

#52 4 years ago

I would go into greater detail, but I’m really afraid of violating any NDA terms. A&E is going to run some press with us soon, so hopefully then I’ll have a better idea of what I can say.

2 weeks later
    #53 4 years ago

A few days out. Anything you can share?

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Anything you can share?

I can, actually!

I finally got a chance to watch the final cut of the show, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I'm the skeptic and debunker, and I spend much of the time making an attempt at explaining how things work. Not everything we did made the final cut, but there's a "mythbusters" moment where we calculate the wavelength of our radio waves, and create a device to filter them out so that our tools work more accurately (keep an eye on the whiteboard to see our 'napkin math'). To my knowledge, that kind of stuff simply doesn't happen on other shows like this. One cool thing that didn't make it in the final edit was our idea to use these room multisensors. We set up a pretty extensive wireless network one of the nights to use it, and I monitored the sensors remotely in the same rooms we set up cameras. The idea was to remove the human entering the room as a variable, and to monitor things completely remotely. The whole procedure was completely cut out, probably because no one cares about ambiguous sensor data being streamed to an ipad, but we actually found some pretty spooky things. Motion was being detected in the same room we got some really interesting data from remote voice recorders and cameras--something you WILL see on the show. I even swapped out the sensors AND cameras midway through the night, because I thought there was a malfunction. There wasn't. Genuinely spooked the crap out of me. There were several moments off camera where I'd ask the producer "I need to know if you have production staff in that part of the building." In both occasions, there wasn't. I'd even do a headcount to verify. I did this in one night I heard what sounded like someone literally running down the hall. Clear as day. The cameras weren't rolling, so nothing was captured unfortunately, but after I did the staff headcount, I nearly pooped my pants. These are locked and sealed buildings, so it wasn't a trespasser.

Our crew is very diverse, and we often have clashing ideas as to how to approach certain issues, but I think that's what makes it interesting to watch. On one extreme, you have me. On the other, you have Ali, a very spiritual person. I hope we did a good job appealing to as many audience members as possible. I'm a little disappointed that they cut out some interviews we did with some residents that lived there, but I can see why they were removed. I don't want to spoil any surprises, but I can say that nothing was scripted, planned, planted, or faked. While it's easy for me to discredit a lot of our evidence, there is some evidence that, even as I type this, still bothers me. I can't figure it out. I'm not willing to say its paranormal, because frankly, I don't believe in that stuff, but I remember being so frustrated, I literally took apart our static field sensor and drew up schematics to figure out if the tools we were using were playing tricks on me. As far as I could tell, they were genuinely well manufactured with nothing questionable done to give us false positives.

We genuinely weren't allowed to leave the campus for 2 weeks, and all forms of communication--other than the computer we use to skype interview people--were taken from us. They even had a person who would take our clothes to the laundromat for us, and bring us food. If we needed supplies or materials at any point, we would make a list, and production would run to home depot so we could build what we needed to build. I think that kinda took a toll on a lot of us emotionally. The very last night we filmed, I was legitimately falling asleep in the last scene. Production in the back were running bets on when I would start snoring. They did a good job at editing that part out though

I'll try to update some stuff here as I remember, I just don't want to violate anything or ruin any surprises for people. The bottom line is, if you're into ghost hunting shows, this one is different. I think we stayed as objective as possible, and changed the game. We blew some pretty big holes in some other techniques that other's shows use. Definitely not making too many friends in the field that way.

#55 4 years ago

I will record it tonight, sounds interesting.

#56 4 years ago

Holy smokes this sounds super cool. I won't be home in time to set my DVR tonight but will most definitely find the repeat and record it. I'm sure it will show again before tomorrow night!

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

The bottom line is, if you're into ghost hunting shows, this one is different. I think we stayed as objective as possible, and changed the game. We blew some pretty big holes in some other techniques that other's shows use. Definitely not making too many friends in the field that way.

I'm most definitely NOT into ghost hunting shows, but yours sounds worth a look. TiVo set!

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I can, actually!
    I finally got a chance to watch the final cut of the show, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I'm the skeptic and debunker, and I spend much of the time making an attempt at explaining how things work. Not everything we did made the final cut, but there's a "mythbusters" moment where we calculate the wavelength of our radio waves, and create a device to filter them out so that our tools work more accurately (keep an eye on the whiteboard to see our 'napkin math'). To my knowledge, that kind of stuff simply doesn't happen on other shows like this. One cool thing that didn't make it in the final edit was our idea to use these room multisensors. We set up a pretty extensive wireless network one of the nights to use it, and I monitored the sensors remotely in the same rooms we set up cameras. The idea was to remove the human entering the room as a variable, and to monitor things completely remotely. The whole procedure was completely cut out, probably because no one cares about ambiguous sensor data being streamed to an ipad, but we actually found some pretty spooky things. Motion was being detected in the same room we got some really interesting data from remote voice recorders and cameras--something you WILL see on the show. I even swapped out the sensors AND cameras midway through the night, because I thought there was a malfunction. There wasn't. Genuinely spooked the crap out of me. There were several moments off camera where I'd ask the producer "I need to know if you have production staff in that part of the building." In both occasions, there wasn't. I'd even do a headcount to verify. I did this in one night I heard what sounded like someone literally running down the hall. Clear as day. The cameras weren't rolling, so nothing was captured unfortunately, but after I did the staff headcount, I nearly pooped my pants. These are locked and sealed buildings, so it wasn't a trespasser.
    Our crew is very diverse, and we often have clashing ideas as to how to approach certain issues, but I think that's what makes it interesting to watch. On one extreme, you have me. On the other, you have Ali, a very spiritual person. I hope we did a good job appealing to as many audience members as possible. I'm a little disappointed that they cut out some interviews we did with some residents that lived there, but I can see why they were removed. I don't want to spoil any surprises, but I can say that nothing was scripted, planned, planted, or faked. While it's easy for me to discredit a lot of our evidence, there is some evidence that, even as I type this, still bothers me. I can't figure it out. I'm not willing to say its paranormal, because frankly, I don't believe in that stuff, but I remember being so frustrated, I literally took apart our static field sensor and drew up schematics to figure out if the tools we were using were playing tricks on me. As far as I could tell, they were genuinely well manufactured with nothing questionable done to give us false positives.
    We genuinely weren't allowed to leave the campus for 2 weeks, and all forms of communication--other than the computer we use to skype interview people--were taken from us. They even had a person who would take our clothes to the laundromat for us, and bring us food. If we needed supplies or materials at any point, we would make a list, and production would run to home depot so we could build what we needed to build. I think that kinda took a toll on a lot of us emotionally. The very last night we filmed, I was legitimately falling asleep in the last scene. Production in the back were running bets on when I would start snoring. They did a good job at editing that part out though
    I'll try to update some stuff here as I remember, I just don't want to violate anything or ruin any surprises for people. The bottom line is, if you're into ghost hunting shows, this one is different. I think we stayed as objective as possible, and changed the game. We blew some pretty big holes in some other techniques that other's shows use. Definitely not making too many friends in the field that way.

Sounds interesting. Can't wait to watch it. Hope some of your pinball quotes made it in to production

#59 4 years ago

Wow just ran into this thread...nick of time!

#60 4 years ago

I can't believe you guys spent 2 whole weeks there, lol. 1 night has been enough in all the places I've been to. Seems like a couple of weeks would be rough, especially at Pennhurst Asylum.

#61 4 years ago

I like it! Thanks!

#62 4 years ago

Watching now!

#63 4 years ago

Watching now as well!

#64 4 years ago

Watching!

#65 4 years ago

Way to go Max!

#66 4 years ago

Hope you guys liked it! Thanks for your support!

#67 4 years ago

After it airs and the NDA maybe ran its course, it would be neat if you could share how this came about (i.e. contacting the network, what you had to do, behind the scenes info).

#68 4 years ago

Pennhurst is something else to say the least. Wish we could've seen more of the tunnels.
    What was your favorite place to investigate there?

#69 4 years ago

is there a way to watch this from the UK?

#70 4 years ago

Was a nice show. You made the show different by trying to bring some logic to some of the experiences you had. I didn't hear any pinball references so I guess none made it to air. Was a good show and I think its a good idea to have people locked in for a few weeks.

#71 4 years ago

Yesterday I learned the Ghost Hunters aren’t the Ghost Hunters anymore and the people that used to be Ghost Hunters and Ghost Nation now.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Yesterday I learned the Ghost Hunters aren’t the Ghost Hunters anymore and the people that used to be Ghost Hunters and Ghost Nation now.

Actually Grant is from the original show ghost hunters, he is the only original member though of ghost hunters that is on the new ghost hunters. Ghost nation has 3 members from the original ghost hunters show.

#73 4 years ago

Very nice!! I have done some acting for a couple shows that A&E produces. They are a great company to work for!

#74 4 years ago

Pretty good show! I miss investigating Pennhurst and have dreams of roaming around the place. We were able to get in shortly after Ghost Adventures episode aired in 2009. The owners had opened it up to us and basically had free reign of the place - tunnels, Administration and all other buildings including the morgue.

The previous owner was a skeptic and didn't fully believe until he went in one day with 2 friends. He heard a gunshot while using a real time EVP device which acts like your DVR. You can pause rewind etc. He heard the gunshot in his headphones but the other 2 guys didn't. He rewound the audio and let the others listen. A few years later the owner found out that a patient was shot there - not sure of the whole story.

The history of that place is pretty sad. 80-100 patients to a building with 2 nurses to watch over everyone. Some kids weren't even taken out of their cribs to crawl or walk which atrophied their limbs. Back in the day, even kids with cerebral palsy would be tossed in with kids of various learning disabilities and down-syndrome when they didn't belong. Any kid that had a biting problem and bit others would have their teeth removed. Kids that could talk or walk would actually degrade once there and stop talking or walking because of the conditions. Parents would drop their kids off at the door and that would be the last they'd see them because that's what people did then.

Bill Baldini did a series on this place which eventually got it investigated. A famous

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

it would be neat if you could share how this came about (i.e. contacting the network, what you had to do, behind the scenes info).

As far as I know, now that the show has aired, there is nothing to keep me from answering any questions, so ask away!

I will start out by saying that I really didn't search out this opportunity. Zak reached out to me asking if I'd want to do the skype interview with him for the show along with his cousin. I actually thought it was a huge scam at first, but trusted Zak eventually that it wasn't. They were originally looking for a group of 5 people, but we only had 3 (myself, Zak, and Austin). The girls were brought in to round out the group after they signed us.

As for behind the scenes stuff, we really did live in Pennhurst for 2 straight weeks. We would shoot from noon to 4am every day, and hours outside of that were done with "robocams" in the tent.

The majority of the furniture in the tent (including the bright yellow couch) was all taken from the buildings--Mayflower specifically. We didn't actually know this until later, and it made the whole tent feel much creepier once we discovered that.

We had a bathroom and shower trailer smack dab in the middle of the campus. Of course, the campus was huge, and we'd have to walk alone, often in the dark through the buildings just to take a shower or use the bathroom. Genuinely terrifying, honestly. Just a creepy atmosphere, even if the frontal cortex of your brain tells you ghosts aren't real.

Pinball references were cut unfortunately, it seems. They actually cut a TON of content. Probably enough to make a whole season full of episodes, but that's life.

A lot of the buildings were actually off-limits to us--despite them saying we had unprecedented access. This was due to collapse concerns though, as many of the roofs of the rotting buildings were falling in. Other buildings had asbestos, and we weren't allowed to enter those either. I was 100% ok with that. Not worth my safety to enter a building that looks pretty much the same as all the others.

Each night, I carried an EXCESSIVE amount of batteries, and 2 spare flashlights. I'm talking like enough batteries to light up Times Square. There was NO WAY I was running out of juice at 2am alone in the basement of a building.

Any other questions, just ask!

#76 4 years ago

will this be available on demand? I missed it last night

#77 4 years ago

Did you feel or sense anything that would make you question how you felt going in?

#78 4 years ago

They are running a show on Pennhurst now on the History channel. Looks like it documents treatment of people that were housed there and their possible haunting the place now.

#79 4 years ago

Just watched it.
    Not my type of thing at all, but nicely done.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I will start out by saying that I really didn't search out this opportunity. Zak reached out to me asking if I'd want to do the skype interview with him for the show along with his cousin. I actually thought it was a huge scam at first, but trusted Zak eventually that it wasn't.

So did you personally know Zak prior to him contacting you?

#81 4 years ago

Really engaging, I watched with my wife. Hats off for the superb show and thanks for sharing with us ahead of time. I liked the intro and hearing everyone’s background. Some questions arose.

Did you get paid for show by A&E station?

Why did Jim go back to candyland room alone when he was scared to death his previous trip? I realize the cameraman was there but none of the girls could support him.

Why only hunt at night? That seems like a huge assumption made which could negatively impact your study. I’d have brought a second 5 person team to investigate in parallel, but during the day.

When you got readings, why not leave equipment there and revisit it when it goes off again in subsequent nights? You should have blanketed the building being studied with 40 to 50 motion detector cameras while you were inside. Bottom line you need a bigger equipment budget.

Likewise why not have a standard set of equipment to take on every event? I am thinking the SLS camera, box with leds for magnetic field, thermometers and cameras. So when you do get activity, you can measure with all devices in a more uniform way.

Why not bring some dogs with who are sensitive to things?

From a scientific viewpoint, what would happen if you revisited for two weeks and you came in with an enhanced plan? But carried out daytime exploration with another team and brought more equipment. Shouldn’t you get the same type results (aka repeatable experience) plus more?

As the show was ending and the credits were playing, my power went off four minutes. Everything went pitch black. Do you think my sensitive side was channeling something?

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

will this be available on demand?

Yup! I've been told it's available on demand.

Quoted from romulusx:

Did you feel or sense anything that would make you question how you felt going in?

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but my only real issue with going to Pennhurst was to "glamorize" mental health and turn it into some spectacle of paranormal ghost hunting stuff. I was never okay with doing that, and I think we did a good job at avoiding that pitfall while filming.

Quoted from mbwalker:

So did you personally know Zak prior to him contacting you?

Oh for sure! Me, Zak, and Austin all grew up together. I met Zak in 2nd grade, and we've been close friends ever since. Austin is his cousin, and he was just always around with us until he and his family recently relocated to another state. I think that's what makes our dynamic work so well. Originally, A&E wanted a group of 5 people, but since we only had 3, they casted Katie and Ali separately. We had never met them until the first day of the shoot.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Did you get paid for show by A&E station?

We were financially compensated by A&E per episode.

Why did Jim go back to candyland room alone when he was scared to death his previous trip?

Austin was/is all about challenging himself. He felt he was able to go back. I can't speak for him, but it seemed like he was more equipped at going down there again alone now knowing what to expect.

Why only hunt at night? That seems like a huge assumption made which could negatively impact your study. I’d have brought a second 5 person team to investigate in parallel, but during the day.

Excellent question. I think it really boils down to just atmosphere these days. The audience expects ghost hunting at night to make the atmosphere more foreboding. I agree with you though: We should have done some investigations during the day. From a "scientific" perspective, there's no reason that wouldn't be just as effective as doing it at night.

However, daytime was reserved for daytime shooting. We would conduct interviews (many of which were cut from the edit, unfortunately), the camera crew would get B-roll footage of buildings, us walking, etc. Also, we shot from around noon to 4-5 am most days. We would have needed to literally double our crew to do a parallel investigation during the day. For example, just filming us walking out of the tent would take 45 minutes because we'd need multiple shots from different angles, and each re-take would need to be done nearly identically to the last one for consistency.

When you got readings, why not leave equipment there and revisit it when it goes off again in subsequent nights? You should have blanketed the building being studied with 40 to 50 motion detector cameras while you were inside. Bottom line you need a bigger equipment budget.

We actually did exactly this. It wasn't shown in the final cut, unfortunately.

Likewise why not have a standard set of equipment to take on every event? I am thinking the SLS camera, box with leds for magnetic field, thermometers and cameras. So when you do get activity, you can measure with all devices in a more uniform way.

We also did this as well, but again, the audience only saw what the editors wanted you to see. We actually went through EXTREME measures to make each night of investigations as consistent as we could, using base sweeps and using gear redundancies. Bottom line is, this kind of stuff isn't exciting to most audiences, they want to see the unexplained spooks.

Why not bring some dogs with who are sensitive to things?

We didn't have any or know one to bring, and the amount of time they gave us to prepare was too prohibitive to get one. Also, from a resource perspective, watching a dog while we were literally grinding away 15 hour days would have been a logistical pain in the ass.

From a scientific viewpoint, what would happen if you revisited for two weeks and you came in with an enhanced plan? But carried out daytime exploration with another team and brought more equipment. Shouldn’t you get the same type results (aka repeatable experience) plus more?

Possibly. We really did a lot of exhaustive repeating experiments that, again, were not shown for reasons beyond my control. These buildings introduce a TON of variables. They're old, falling apart, windows are broken open, drafty, etc. So yea, going back could yield better results, but at the same time, we really did take as much of a comprehensive look as I think we could do given the time we had.

#83 4 years ago

^^^ thanks for all the replies.

Do you have another haunt in the works? I want to see more !!!

I really liked the team mix of engineers, scientist and investigators. Add a paranormal sniffing dog to your team and you become the new .... Scooby Doo. Who doesn’t want to watch Scooby Doo? Creeps and Weirdos don’t, but everyone else loves them. You guys have good chemistry and could become the next big franchise. Engineers to explain what they are doing, a dog to pinpoint energy in the room, scientists to explain the approach and results from equipment and investigators to follow the trail and make contact.

#84 4 years ago

I am curious about the production aspect. So you made all the plans and showed up with equipment in tow. At this point you’ve bought equipment and purchased supplies. You make have a signed contract, but have received no compensation.

You meet 2 members for first time, set a command center, move and setup all equipment and did all the filming yourselves. Damn bro, you guys rock. You would get supplies and food dropped off once each day. Your cell phones worked ok and maybe you used radios too.

After you finished you returned home and awaited word that the footage was successfully edited into an episode. You had no input on how the film was arranged and packaged. You probably signed off on the finished product. The episode airs on A&E on Oct 30, 2019 @ 8p est. Congrats again

Once you signed off, presumably you were paid something. After the show aired, you will be getting paid.

There is probably some ugly making of the sausage where you get called back by A&E to film some filler segments or improve a scene. “Listen fellas, we’re going to need you to look a little more freaked out here, can you redo it?”

#85 4 years ago

Thanks for all 'insider info'. Really interesting

#86 4 years ago

^^^ thanks for all the replies.

Do you have another haunt in the works? I want to see more !!!

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Unfortunately, I can't go into any further detail regarding the future of the show, you'll just have to find out!

Engineers to explain what they are doing, a dog to pinpoint energy in the room, scientists to explain the approach and results from equipment and investigators to follow the trail and make contact.

I'll definitely pass that idea along to the crew! One thing that I really wish made the final cut was our whole decision to make the faraday cage. We spend HOURS calculating the wavelength and amplitude of all the radio equipment we used, and the camera crew used. You can briefly see our math on the white board behind us in some scenes. Then when we made the cage, we told a crew member what kind of chicken wire we'd need to block the frequencies. Too large, and it wouldn't work. Again, most audience members probably don't care about the kind of stuff, so it was cut.

So you made all the plans and showed up with equipment in tow. At this point you’ve bought equipment and purchased supplies. You make have a signed contract, but have received no compensation.

We received our contracts that contained the amount we'd be compensated for. Since we were local, we literally just drove to Pennhurst. That black truck in the beginning was Zak's brother's truck. We were originally going to use my van, but we figured the truck was more impactful. All our travel costs were reimbursed.

The tent and command center was all set up by the production company. We weren't allowed to have our cell phones on us, so they were all sequestered. Food was fun. During the day, production would just give us a pile of menus from local places, and we'd just make a list of food we wanted. Then it was picked up and dropped off for us. Dinner (which was usually around 2am or so) was always catered--since the entire crew ate with us. About 30 people in total. We actually got paid the last day we were there. A lump sum check.

We didn't sign off on any final product. The original contract basically said "We're gonna do whatever we want with the footage whether you like it or not."

We got home, and were assigned a publicist. Our publicist organized newscast interviews (Katie was on Access Hollywood, since she was local and drove there), I did phone interviews with some internet people.

We did have to do some post show recordings. I had to hide in a closet under a blanket (to be as isolated as possible for the best quality) to record "wild card" phrases that they edited in later. Otherwise, we really didn't hear much from the production company.

#87 4 years ago

Were the Ladies that worked with you, part of any decision you guys made?

Do either of them do their work "professionally" full time, or is this side work?

Their addition, was unexpected to me, but added a nice touch.....

Has your view on "Crystals" changed?

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Were the Ladies that worked with you, part of any decision you guys made?

Absolutely. We all worked as a team, and made our decisions as a team. We had our disagreements, but I think we did a really good job at working through them.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Do either of them do their work "professionally" full time, or is this side work?

I can't speak for the women of the group, but I know for the 3 of us, it's simply a hobby. None of us are financially compensated to do it. For me, it's just a cool way to explore old buildings. I still don't believe in ghosts.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Has your view on "Crystals" changed?

Absolutely not. They're simply placebo. I do think they're nice looking, and I have a small rock collection myself, but simply because I enjoy the way they look aesthetically.

However, I think that if other people think that they have some kind of "supernatural" properties, thats great. Who am I to say they shouldn't believe or enjoy that. Just as long as they're not forcing that belief on others and putting people in danger (i.e. telling people to ignore professional medical advice, and seek the use of healing crystals instead).

#89 4 years ago

Thanks for the answers.....Appreciate it.

My apologies for clarification. Did you have a say in their casting?

I am with you on the attachment of supernatural powers to them. I have no belief in this.

I have been in Geology too, Lots of rock hunting, and specimens, but I never gave any thought until the show,
    as to why the stone I chose to keep on my nightstand when I was 8 years old, to keep the bogeyman away was a piece
    of snowflake obsidian. No mention or thought, it just seemed to be the right stone. Weird, huh?

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Did you have a say in their casting?

Nope. None whatsoever. In fact, the production company went through great lengths to keep their identities a secret from us until the cameras were rolling! Crazy.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have been in Geology too, Lots of rock hunting, and specimens, but I never gave any thought until the show,
    as to why the stone I chose to keep on my nightstand when I was 8 years old, to keep the bogeyman away was a piece
    of snowflake obsidian. No mention or thought, it just seemed to be the right stone. Weird, huh?

I don't think that's weird at all! I have a piece of serpentinite sitting on my desk at work that I found in the field. It's like a little good luck charm for me. I just enjoy having it there, so I completely understand where you're coming from

#91 4 years ago

Just watched it! Interesting episode and would like to learn more about the history of Pennhurst since it's literally in my backyard, (well closeby anyway).

#92 4 years ago

Yea, we actually did a lot of really cool interviews with people who worked there, old residents, etc, but all were cut. One of my bigger disappointments with the final edit.

#93 4 years ago

Sorry I missed this - looked on DISH hoping to find it on demand, but no luck! Sounds like a scientific investigation, I would have enjoyed watching.

4 weeks later
    #94 4 years ago

Sorry so late to respond Max but finally had some time to watch the entire episode. Enjoyed it a lot and not one to watch ghost shows. It’s not your typical show and loved to see the science side.

It would’ve been great to have the pinball “innuendo” but I get the edits. You guys did great and happy to have met you guys! Look forward to new episodes.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

It would’ve been great to have the pinball “innuendo” but I get the edits. You guys did great and happy to have met you guys! Look forward to new episodes.

Thanks for watching! Really appreciate your kind words. I really wish they kept our resident interviews in, worker interviews, and a whole host of other "more wholesome" content, but I guess they wanted to take the show in a slightly different direction. Oh well... We had no control over that. Here's to hoping future episodes have more of that stuff, and less spook and scare.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-ve-got-a-new-tv-show-on-aampe/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.