Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mbaumle
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC05887 (resized).JPG
    DSC05903 (resized).JPG
    DSC05909 (resized).JPG
    DSC05911 (resized).JPG
    DSC05912 (resized).JPG
    DSC04672 (resized).JPG
    DSC04674 (resized).JPG
    DSC04681 (resized).JPG
    DSC04683 (resized).JPG
    DSC04840 (resized).JPG
    DSC04844 (resized).JPG
    DSC04858 (resized).JPG
    Lemp 165 (resized).jpg
    Lemp 153-Edit (resized).jpg
    Lemp 011_logo (resized).jpg
    Darkness2 014 (resized).jpg
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Just to preface, the show (unfortunately) has nothing to do with pinball. Figured I'd get that out of the way first. This is a bit of shameless promotion, but I'm pretty excited to share with you guys.

Long story made VERY short--on a whim, my close friend and his cousin did a skype interview for a TV show we never thought we'd be casted for. We were. Signed some scary looking contracts, and next thing we know, we're being shipped off to Pennhurst Asylum (officially known as Pennhurst State School and Hospital) in Spring City, PA. We're all hobbyist paranormal investigators, with myself being a hardline skeptic.

While I'm under NDA, I can't go into detail, I will say that it's a record breaking show premier with it being the longest consecutively shot ghost hunt on television (we slept in Pennhurst for 2 full weeks), and it's not all spook and scare. We did some other cool stuff that I'm fairly confident hasn't been done before on a show like this.

HOWEVER, being a dumbass pinhead, I couldn't let an opportunity like this go by without slipping in some pinball quotes peppered throughout. I haven't seen the final cut (so I'm not sure what'll actually make it onto TV), but I tossed in some quotes from High Speed (when we were testing out radios, for example), White Water, and Funhouse, because why the hell not.

Anyway, I genuinely hope you guys can tune in. I'm nervous as all hell, but I think it'll be fun for everyone. Plus how many people get this kind of opportunity? I think in my bio (which hasn't been published yet), I mention my pinball collection a few times.

The show premiers October 30th at 8pm on A&E.

--Max

https://www.aetv.com/news/ae-premieres-new-two-hour-special-worlds-biggest-ghost-hunt-pennhurst-asylum-on-october-30-at-8pm-etpt

https://www.aetv.com/specials/worlds-biggest-ghost-hunt-pennhurst-asylum

#2 4 years ago

DVR is set to record buddy!

#3 4 years ago

I just watched a Tales From The Crypt old episode last night season 2 reminds me of this EP.... "Television Terror" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0716886/

#4 4 years ago

Nice!

#5 4 years ago

badass! whats your name, so i know who i'm looking for?

#6 4 years ago

Awesome. Congrats dude.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

badass! whats your name, so i know who i'm looking for?

Max Baumle.

We have a team of 5 investigators. Myself, my buddy Zak, his cousin Austin, and our friends Ali and Katie.

#8 4 years ago

Nice going Max. I look forward to watching this. I'm an investigator myself and belong to a team in SE Michigan. I've spent the night in some pretty spectacular, albeit creepy, locations.

#9 4 years ago

How cool, congrats!!

#10 4 years ago

Super cool congrats

#11 4 years ago

Its like, a House of Horrors! This show predicted the new Elvira theme... ghosts are real!!

#12 4 years ago

Wow! I’ll have to check it out

#13 4 years ago

Awesome, I love this type of show. Congratulations!

#14 4 years ago

That's cool as Hell('s Gate)!

Pinside has authors and actors. Who knew?

#15 4 years ago

Congrats on the show! Is it a regular series which will continue with new episodes each week? Or like a mini series type of thing?

In any case, I'm going to check it out when it airs.

#16 4 years ago

Thanks for the support guys! I never thought in a million years I'd be in this position, but the shoot was a TON of fun, and I hope that'll be conveyed in the show when it airs.

Quoted from Fizz:

Is it a regular series which will continue with new episodes each week? Or like a mini series type of thing?

Currently not able to discuss details on that, but what I can say is that the episode that is airing on the 30th will be a 2 hour episode.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Currently not able to discuss details on that, but what I can say is that the episode that is airing on the 30th will be a 2 hour episode.

Nice! Sounds great, I'm going to watch for sure.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

We're all hobbyist paranormal investigators

Ugh.

Quoted from mbaumle:

with myself being a hardline skeptic.

Well that makes it a little better.

Quoted from mbaumle:

I'm nervous as all hell, but I think it'll be fun for everyone.

Best of luck. I hope the show is a success!

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Best of luck. I hope the show is a success!

Thanks. Between you and me, and literally everyone else reading this thread, I completely agree with

Trust me. I can't tell you how long I deliberated signing the contract because of how skeptical I am. My goal is to debunk as much as I can, but others aren't so easily convinced. Because of that, I think there's a little something for everyone here on the show.

#20 4 years ago

mbaumle

Congrats on being *CAST*

Having worked on both big and small screen , it's alot of fun, alot of late nights, alot gourmet food(favorite was always swordfish) and a HELL of a LOT of waiting around

I was working on the show "Dallas" the night my house was burned to the ground ...

Favorite appearance: Sin City : a dame to kill for

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

That's cool as Hell('s Gate)!
    Pinside has authors and actors. Who knew?

Yep, lots I'm sure!

I know Jack Black is probably lurking, and lead for Bare naked Ladies

#22 4 years ago

Super cool. I"ve always been a bit of a skeptic myself. I used to do some IT work in the basement of this mental health facility years ago. Some guy shot the place up a few years earlier after ODing on methadone, so there was some real murders there. I remember being alone down there late at night a few times trying to get their servers back online with the lights flickering in the mostly dark hallway behind me. There were only a couple of people that went down there, so it really looked straight out of a horror scene, complete with old wheelchairs, crumbling floor, dark rooms, and shit everywhere. I do recall feeling a bit uneasy.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

Having worked on both big and small screen , it's alot of fun, alot of late nights, alot gourmet food(favorite was always swordfish) and a HELL of a LOT of waiting around

We worked our butts off. Longest days and nights I've ever worked. Well over 12 hour days, every day. No one worked harder than the production staff though. Those people worked their butts off and then some. Couldn't thank them enough.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

We worked our butts off. Longest days and nights I've ever worked. Well over 12 hour days, every day. No one worked harder than the production staff though. Those people worked their butts off and then some. Couldn't thank them enough.

Your absolutely right! Longest day I remember was on a football movie, 18hr day!(it actually sucked bad, low budget)

#25 4 years ago

That’s awesome !!! What fun good luck

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

The show premiers October 30th at 8pm on A&E.

Great time of the year for show premier, right at Halloween time.

Sounds good so far. Thanks for letting us know.

I'd be the skeptic too, ...until something scary/weird happens that makes your hairs stand up.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Great time of the year for show premier, right at Halloween time.
    Sounds good so far. Thanks for letting us know.
    I'd be the skeptic too, ...until something scary/weird happens that makes your hairs stand up.

I always wanted to do the Waverly sanitarium in Ky!

That place is freaky!!!

#28 4 years ago

Congrats! Following

#29 4 years ago

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy(s)/gals. Well not in Pennhurst! Can't wait to check this out!

#30 4 years ago

Very cool!!! Can't wait to check this out.

#31 4 years ago

Cool as hell! I'll be watching for sure. Maybe you should investigate the Old pin factories in Chicago for some lingering pin head spirits pissed Gottlieb is gone, I kid, I kid.

#32 4 years ago

That's so cool!! Have to watch it...Hope you had a chance to go to Railroad Bar and Grill nearby that has an awesome selection of pins!!

#33 4 years ago

I hope you also sprinkled some Zelda CDi and Hotel Mario quotes in there.

#34 4 years ago

and you've given us true easter eggs in film by peppering in some pinball quotes. This story is so cool and the promo looks very professional too. Can't wait to watch 2 hour show to see if you survived.

Max are you the blond guy without a beard? Since there are five actors shown and you've named all, is there a sixth person "a spirit from beyond the grave" behind that camera? or maybe the extra person was the property owner. Darn, another lead debunked.

#35 4 years ago

big America's Most Haunted fan here, hope it goes well

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Hope you had a chance to go to Railroad Bar and Grill nearby that has an awesome selection of pins!!

They locked us in the facility, and we were not allowed to leave. But when dmacy was swapping out my AFM playfield, he also recommended it, so I stopped by one afternoon. Fantastic place with excellent food!

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

and you've given us true easter eggs in film by peppering in some pinball quotes.

Haha, I really tried! Again, we were on camera nearly 24/7, so I have no idea what will end up on the cutting room floor, but I really tried to pepper in some pinball stuff for the die hards

the promo looks very professional too.

Our production company is Revelations Entertainment, which is owned by Morgan Freeman. This was not a low budget production.

Max are you the blond guy without a beard?

Nah, I'm actually pretty absent from the promo for whatever reason. I'm the heavier guy with glasses--though I've lost 60 pounds since the shoot, so any promotional material filmed afterwards will have a much different looking me in them.

#37 4 years ago

Congrats! I've investigated Pennhurst State School and Hospital many times with the former owner. We actually are in the "Pennhurst" movie that was filmed up there. Not a great movie but they needed extras and we were investigating that night. The place is a legitimately haunted location.

#38 4 years ago

Haha can't wait to look for the pinball quotes. Would love to investigate this place, was only there for a halloween attraction a few years ago

#39 4 years ago

Damn that’s cool. How does one go about learning of such casting?

The correctional facility I work at is considered “haunted” and always gets visitors around Halloween for the inmate cemetery.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

How does one go about learning of such casting?

We were actually approached by someone who thought our group was cool (since the majority of us are scientists and engineers), and they encouraged us to respond to a facebook ad. We did, and the casting producer set everything up for us. The rest was history.

#41 4 years ago

I had a ghost turd the other day.

#42 4 years ago

Anyone know how to set a recording out that far using Dish network?

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Nah, I'm actually pretty absent from the promo for whatever reason. I'm the heavier guy with glasses.

This you? Only person I seen with glasses.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#44 4 years ago

There is NO SUCH THING as GHOSTS!

I'm in the haunted house industry I scare people for a living and know there is NO SUCH THING! I actually once proposed a show where doubters would be put into a situation where they may or may not become believers. I'll sleep in Penhurst for a month and nothing will EVER happen. As long as I have an IPAD to check the news I'll keep my sanity! LOL

Good luck with it... sound like you'll have a great time!

Here some pictures from my haunted house!!! Feel free to stop by and find a ghost! Once of our locations is in real caves and caverns under The Lemp brewery. Everyone says its haunted, but I've never seen a ghost anywhere in my entire life!

I'm always around spooky places ... one day I HOPE I see just one ghost but just NOT me as a Ghost!!! LOL

Creepy3 124 (resized).jpgCreepy3 124 (resized).jpgCreepy4 092 (resized).jpgCreepy4 092 (resized).jpgDarkness Scares 112 (resized).jpgDarkness Scares 112 (resized).jpgDarkness1 333 (resized).jpgDarkness1 333 (resized).jpgDarkness2 014 (resized).jpgDarkness2 014 (resized).jpgLemp 011_logo (resized).jpgLemp 011_logo (resized).jpg
    #45 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm in the haunted house industry I scare people for a living and know there is NO SUCH THING!

I think most people probably agree deep down, but ghosts are one of those concepts that can be fun and exciting.

It's always been funny to me that the vast majority of ghosts are given stories from recent human history. "So and so was murdered in that house in the 1920s and they haunt it now".

Humans have been dying for thousands upon thousands of years. Where are the cavemen ghosts? How come we haven't seen any rapper ghosts?

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

This you? Only person I seen with glasses.

Yup. That’s me! And my close friend Zak behind me.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think most people probably agree deep down, but ghosts are one of those concepts that can be fun and exciting.

Bingo! Honestly, it’s simple fun. Just shut your brain off and enjoy the show.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm in the haunted house industry I scare people for a living and know there is NO SUCH THING! I actually once proposed a show where doubters would be put into a situation where they may or may not become believers. I'll sleep in Penhurst for a month and nothing will EVER happen. As long as I have an IPAD to check the news I'll keep my sanity! LOL
    Good luck with it... sound like you'll have a great time!
    Here some pictures from my haunted house!!! Feel free to stop by and find a ghost! Once of our locations is in real caves and caverns under The Lemp brewery. Everyone says its haunted, but I've never seen a ghost anywhere in my entire life!
    I'm always around spooky places ... one day I HOPE I see just one ghost but just NOT me as a Ghost!!! LOL[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You own the lemp brewery and mansion!?!? I remember that being on a tv show where people investigated the mansion. Lots of strange suicides and deaths there from what I remember.

#48 4 years ago

This sounds super cool and I can't wait to watch. So how exactly did you get involved with the show? Did you and your friends simply respond to an open casting call, or were you somehow involved with the creation of the show?

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I had a ghost turd the other day.

Downvoted by a dingleberry.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

You own the lemp brewery and mansion!?!?

Yes ... its a really scary looking place!

DSC04672 (resized).JPGDSC04672 (resized).JPGDSC04674 (resized).JPGDSC04674 (resized).JPGDSC04681 (resized).JPGDSC04681 (resized).JPGDSC04683 (resized).JPGDSC04683 (resized).JPGDSC04840 (resized).JPGDSC04840 (resized).JPGDSC04844 (resized).JPGDSC04844 (resized).JPGDSC04858 (resized).JPGDSC04858 (resized).JPGDSC05887 (resized).JPGDSC05887 (resized).JPGDSC05903 (resized).JPGDSC05903 (resized).JPGDSC05909 (resized).JPGDSC05909 (resized).JPGDSC05911 (resized).JPGDSC05911 (resized).JPGDSC05912 (resized).JPGDSC05912 (resized).JPGLemp 153-Edit (resized).jpgLemp 153-Edit (resized).jpgLemp 165 (resized).jpgLemp 165 (resized).jpg
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-ve-got-a-new-tv-show-on-aampe/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.