• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-4_(resized).jpg
image-10_(resized).jpg

#1 8 years ago

On Xenon but that's cause I am a perv! Any other games get a Tilt on purpose treatment maybe for competition strategy or some other reason. For the speed Pinball AGDQ seemed to be a common tactic.

What are your thoughts!
Oh and did not see a good picture of actual TILT. Help a brother out!

image-10_(resized).jpgimage-10_(resized).jpg

#3 8 years ago

Only time I saw tilting on purpose during a side-tournament was 1-minute tourneys. Score as much as you can in 1-minute. First seconds of a ball can be the most valuable so you quickly tilt the first two balls.

Depends on the game of course !

#4 8 years ago

Mustang!!!!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Only time I saw tilting on purpose during a side-tournament was 1-minute tourneys. Score as much as you can in 1-minute. First seconds of a ball can be the most valuable so you quickly tilt the first two balls.
Depends on the game of course !

Yes definitely depends on game. And it would most likely be a weird speed type challenge.

Right after you mentioned it I thought there where a few EM that scored single first ball x2 second ball x3 third ball. Can not remember the titles.

#6 8 years ago

And Rage????

I don't get.

#7 8 years ago

I never tilt on purpose. I bought a machine from a guy who removes his tilt mechanism, he says he does that with all his machines, I thought that was Wierd

#8 8 years ago

Me and my friends did when we were kids. We were able to figure the match sequence on Wizard! It basically went backwards everytime you scored 10 points. For example, if the last game ended with a 20 match, you could match on either 10 or 60 on the next game. Gets more difficult when you have multiple players.

#9 8 years ago

Does anyone keep the legs on their machines a bit loose to make them a bit easier to shake? I feel like some I've played were far more shakeable...

I rarely tilt and never on purpose unless maybe I'm half-lit and got some fukkit in me.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

And Rage????
I don't get.

Rage tilting...only time I do it on purpose.

#11 8 years ago

I remember raging on a machine when I was a kid in the arcade ! I caused a slam Tilt and it went off like a ultra loud burglar alarm. I was paranoid for a minute thinking I broke it and would have to pay for it.

There was a bar near me with a T2 all tilts out of it. as soon as ball went down out lane the guys would lift the front 3 feet and get the ball back. No lie they did it all the time and were not very gentle either. I remember me thinking what cheaters, and my poor back ached just watching them. That machine was only there for a very short time too.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

as soon as ball went down out lane the guys would lift the front 3 feet and get the ball back.

Amateurs!

Learn how to bangback....at least earn it!

#13 8 years ago

It is bang left from left side? Death save from the right? I never really mastered but one of my friends was pretty good and it is not that big of move (damaging or force full ) as some think. Bang back seems like a visit to the doctor for a sprained wrist in my mind.

I suppose better than going to the gym. Playing pin drinking beer while lifting.

#14 8 years ago

Yeah I think the same thing now, my wrist aches just imagining it.

Bank back from either side.
Death save is moving the game side to side.

#15 8 years ago

What !!! No Xenon owner could help me with a picture with the TILT lamp on!!

Sunday sleepy slackers!

#16 8 years ago

Here ya go, off of IPDB

image-4_(resized).jpgimage-4_(resized).jpg

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Yes definitely depends on game. And it would most likely be a weird speed type challenge.
Right after you mentioned it I thought there where a few EM that scored single first ball x2 second ball x3 third ball. Can not remember the titles.

Top score/300 and soccer/super soccer are two that I know of

#18 8 years ago

you can get a GREED letter on AF by tilting

#19 8 years ago

that info may come in handy !

#20 8 years ago

Yeah I have played on a few games the seemed loose legged at shows.

I just assumed the bolts plates were stripped or just sloppy (quick) set up but maybe they set up like that on purpose to allow easier nudging. Both standards and wide bodies. All EM I think.

But I know my BH, Panthera, Space Riders all being wide bodies are much harder to get quick nudge action.

I don't know if I want to loosen on purpose thought??

#21 8 years ago

I don't tilt on purpose but any EM game with no bonus count is asking for a tilt. Only on the last ball for those that are "tilt ends game" though. Really, any game to where their is no bonus or minimal bonus is asking for tilts. If the risk of losing the bonus is less than what you could easily gain from keeping the ball in play then I'll get more aggressive than I would on a game to where bonus is lucrative.

For instance. If you don't tilt out on the last ball of a Target Pool game then you are leaving points on the table

#22 8 years ago

Tilting on TSPP will sometimes result with a

Cheating makes baby Jesus cry

#23 8 years ago

I have to keep an old Bally SS from rolling the score, and wanting a new high score. 3 pops...........

#24 8 years ago

Gots to nine it out!

#25 8 years ago

Never on purpose , but I do tilt a lot , first started playing without tilts and got into bad habits which I'm now trying to break .

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

I have to keep an old Bally SS from rolling the score, and wanting a new high score. 3 pops...........

Yeah, closest I can get my Embryon is 999,080....

#27 8 years ago

Ah the joy of tilting, aka dancing with the devil:

http://pavlovpinball.com/dancing-with-the-devil-the-joy-of-tilt/

#28 8 years ago

I don't tilt much, but sometimes after my ball drains, I will give the machine a good shake, not to try to save the ball but out of frustration and also to see how the limits are on my tilt. Kind of judging what is acceptable and if my tilt is sensitive enough.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't tilt much, but sometimes after my ball drains, I will give the machine a good shake, not to try to save the ball but out of frustration and also to see how the limits are on my tilt. Kind of judging what is acceptable and if my tilt is sensitive enough.

Yup, first thing you do on a location game to see what you can get away with.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Does anyone keep the legs on their machines a bit loose to make them a bit easier to shake? I feel like some I've played were far more shakeable...
I rarely tilt and never on purpose unless maybe I'm half-lit and got some fukkit in me.

The Medieval Madness at the Pinball museum in Vegas was like this. It felt like playing a rocking chair, not a pinball machine. I didn't consider it to be a feature, actually didn't finish my quarters on it because I was concerned the bolts might pop the rest of the way out and that I'd go down in local history as the guy that killed the unicorn.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-tilt-on-purpose-do-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.