(Topic ID: 90858)

I thought I'd share....it isnt just WOZ......

By OLDPINGUY

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by hoby1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

The reality.

A WOZ has light board issues. We know this, and I believe they believe the problem is now solved.

However, a ST Premium arrived less then 24 hours in house..........and.........guess what?
    ........a light board goes out!

Happens to only the Best Games!, Right?

Just thought Id share....

#2 9 years ago

Thanks. I own both stern and JPP, and things happen. Thanks for being unbiased. Hope the thread stays that way. Good luck with the repair. Unboxing my STLE tonight!

#3 9 years ago

Another reason I much prefer individual bulbs and additionally can create your own light effect.

#4 9 years ago

One went out on my STLE early on. It happens.

#5 9 years ago

$hi^storm of posts to follow. 2/14/2014 WOZLE no issues still going strong. Knock on clearcoated cabinet.

#6 9 years ago

WOZLE #259 10/31/13 very minor issues with the upper castle doors, Got a new motor quick from JJP and so far so good and Loving my game.

Joe(acejedi)

#7 9 years ago

I seem to remember a lot of teeth gnashing when it was revealed that Tron was using LED boards instead of individual light sockets, (it was the first I believe) No matter how good LED's are, a certain percentage are going to fail, this is a fact, to me the onus is on the game designers, JJP, Stern, and the others to make sure that all the LED's on their games are easily and afford-ably replaceable if one craps out.

I know we live in a disposable society these days, most consumer devices you basically use as long as you can, then replace with a new one when they die, but a pinball machine is isn't like that, it needs to have parts available for a decent length of time, much like automobiles. So far, we've been pretty lucky, and even for the earliest SS games, there are relatively few obsolete, unobtainable parts, I just hope that specific LED boards aren't going to fall into that category in the future.

#8 9 years ago

yeah growing pains. good to see JJP is trying hard to take care of the customers and resolving the design issues.

i have just played recently out on location, really fun, and when it was first talked about several years ago i just could not picture it. well i am so glad they changed my opinion and made a game that will be enjoyed by many for a long time.

those programmable tri color led's are (beautiful) but not perfected imo. some only 3 wires pwr gnd and data and data line is in series. if the first one dies game over none will work. i have wrecked a few just tinkering and it was always the first led to go every time. not sure what led JJP used but being fairly new cutting edge stuff well there are going to be speed bumps.

#9 9 years ago

Isn't it more about the way they are wired on WOZ. I thought that on WOZ if one light board went bad it took out all of the lights on that series. Not sure, but thats what I thought I heard.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-thought-id-shareit-isnt-just-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.